Blur homepage!

This forum is for discussion pertaining to homebrew and indie software for the Dreamcast, such as homebrew games, emulators/interpreters, and other homebrew software/applications. Porting requests and developmental ideas are not to be made here; you can make those here. If you need any help burning discs for homebrew software, this is the place to ask as well.
ColGraff
DCEmu Fast Newbie
DCEmu Fast Newbie
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

an if/else comment

Post by ColGraff »

IF blur = TRUE THEN
"Excellent, thanks for working on this, gentlemen, A psx emu would be a very cool thing indeed. Don't worry about when people start asking when the beta will be out, release it when it's ready. That said, if you posted a few screenshots and cleaned up your site a little, people would probably be less inclined to accuse you of hoaxing. Again, thanks for doing this!"

ELSE

"I know other people have already said this, but honestly, how immature can you be? Either do something real, or stop wasting peoples' time with bogus announcements. Just to your "FrIsT PsOsTiNg" on slashdot, or whatever the heck it is you do."
Marijuana is a gateway drug to more destructive vices, like dreamcast :-)
Holly Hasney
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by Holly Hasney »

What would screenshots prove? The N64 emulator showed how easy it is to fake... hell, there was even a movie of that!
Van_Lardo
DCEmu Hanger On
DCEmu Hanger On

Post by Van_Lardo »

Doesn't sound like any of the "evidence" so far is impressing you, Hasney.

Can't say I blame you ;)
Image http://www.geocities.com/vanlardo HELP! I CAN'T POST ANY MORE MESSAGES! I KEEP GETTING MESSAGES TELLING ME TO COME BACK LATER!
Holly Hasney
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by Holly Hasney »

Actually, the evidence I have is a Win32 build from a few months back that ran the BIOS routienes :)
Van_Lardo
DCEmu Hanger On
DCEmu Hanger On

Post by Van_Lardo »

What does that prove exactly? :?

How does it run? What does it do? Could it just be a hacked PSX emulator for the PC?

Tell! Tell! :D
Image http://www.geocities.com/vanlardo HELP! I CAN'T POST ANY MORE MESSAGES! I KEEP GETTING MESSAGES TELLING ME TO COME BACK LATER!
404NotFound
DCEmu Ex-Mod
DCEmu Ex-Mod

Post by 404NotFound »

pavelbure wrote: theres just something about those pages that just screams unprofessionalism. heck, it wouldnt surprise me to see in a few days its been cancelled because of "lamers".
Don't look now...
HarryBudda wrote: This is where i can either crush your dreams or make them come true. The lamers get to decide. I get one more nasty email, blur is gonna die a slow painful death.
(Quote taken from http://cloud.prohosting.com/hairybud/cg ... 10&topic=1)
JustinVisible
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by JustinVisible »

Hey Hasney did you ever get a better result from that .elf file did you try the coders cable like HyperGamer was saying he was gonna try :?:
BurgerKing-Where Ca$h is King
Hairybudda
DCEmu Cool Newbie
DCEmu Cool Newbie

Post by Hairybudda »

Nice. I love the rampant shitting on my project, but, no its not gonna be quitted in a long time. Just cos im taking my time, doesnt mean it doesnt exist. Im pretty sure that in the next few days ( beta testers wil be getting their copies soon ) you're not gonna be shitting on me. As for it being a hack? Aha i wish i knew how. I actually came to the forums to ask about for the guy wraggster was talking to me about ( the SH4-ASM god ).

Oh yea, there is conclusive prooof of it running. I have a few screenshots, that im not gonna release until the testers all get thier copies. If you dont wanna believe me dont, if you do, then thanx a lot. As for it being quit because of lamers, ive already done it twice, and the Win32 build ages ago is nothing compared to what i have now. The win32 version only ran demo's(i.e. homebrew).

As i said, it will take time, im not claiming to have an emulator thats 100% compatible, and 100% speed that enhances games. What im saying i have is slow, doesnt even have proper cd-rom support, and has an extremely buggy GTE.

Oh yea, for those that dont know, the ID (official) program will be be up tonite after 6pm gmt.

PS, you do have a right to be sceptical, but its just not nice flaming me with no valid arguement. Skizot ( the dev.dcemulation.org/blur webmaster ) was given access rights BEFORE i started blur on the dc. Plus, skizzy is an god with graphix, and stop pissing on him because of his site. You think you can actually do any better? Aha, my arse.

See ya gus.
Stoned Emu Coder
Dr Zoidberg
The Filth
The Filth

Post by Dr Zoidberg »

If it's real you can come back to this topic a say "blow me" to all the doubters & flamers + you'll have a nice, shiney devvers badge, but you should have realized that most people were going to be cynical about your project until it's realness is confirmed. You're right though, the flaming should stop.

As I've said before I think it's probably real but on the chance that it's not I think it's better that we don't post any news about it until it's out & thankfully no other big emu or DC site has posted news about it yet either (to my knowledge) because another well publicised fake would be bad for the sk3n3.

So what text do you want under your devvers badge once you've released DCBlur, Hairybudda, "DCBlur Creator", "Stoned Emu Coder", "DC Superstar" or something else? :lol:
Hairybudda
DCEmu Cool Newbie
DCEmu Cool Newbie

Post by Hairybudda »

Dr Zoidberg wrote: If it's real you can come back to this topic a say "blow me" to all the doubters & flamers + you'll have a nice, shiney devvers badge, but you should have realized that most people were going to be cynical about your project until it's realness is confirmed. You're right though, the flaming should stop.

As I've said before I think it's probably real but on the chance that it's not I think it's better that we don't post any news about it until it's out & thankfully no other big emu or DC site has posted news about it yet either (to my knowledge) because another well publicised fake would be bad for the sk3n3.

So what text do you want under your devvers badge once you've released DCBlur, Hairybudda, "DCBlur Creator", "Stoned Emu Coder", "DC Superstar" or something else? :lol:
Heh... ill say a big "Blow Me" to the lamers and flamers, but not the doubters, for they have a right to doubt me :D

Its up to you if you want to give me a badge then ill be happy, but id rather have earned it (i.e. After the beta is released).

Oh yea, beta testing is open to the mods of this forum, but you (unfortunately) gotta sign up at my forum to get access rights to the beta forum. Drop me a line and ill give you the rights ( plus, no-one will doubt the mods here ).

Oh yea, after the second public release ill be GPL'ing the src, but one revision back, so that the people who'll start saying 'oh its a hack' after i release the betas can kiss my ass :)

Now, time to find that guy wraggster was talking about... heh. :D
Stoned Emu Coder
Dr Zoidberg
The Filth
The Filth

Post by Dr Zoidberg »

Hopefully some of our mods will sign up for the beta although I won't, I don't want to be put in a position were I can be framed for something I didn't do again. :roll:

I almost signed up to your forums a few weeks ago though, I was going to post some hot nude babe pics! :lol:

Wraggster should get in touch with you soon. ;)
404NotFound
DCEmu Ex-Mod
DCEmu Ex-Mod

Post by 404NotFound »

Go HarryBudda!!!

I really hope this is true, but I won't be burning it even if it is true. I'd rather burn it a few months down the road and be in awe rather than watch the slow evolution of a program...

This could really kick @$$ errr.... butt :)
Hairy
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by Hairy »

404NotFound wrote: I'd rather burn it a few months down the road and be in awe rather than watch the slow evolution of a program...
Thats the kinda attitude i was after. No-one guarantees beta software, you'd be better off downloading it after its been tested a lot.
Hairy
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by Hairy »

Dr Zoidberg wrote: I don't want to be put in a position were I can be framed for something I didn't do again. roll
What, did someone try to frame you, for leaking a beta or something? Heh, this wont happen here, i got some good-ass leak protection here, so even if it is leaked, it will not work on any other dreamcast than the one it was originally intended for.
Dr Zoidberg wrote: Wraggster should get in touch with you soon. ;)
Cheers pal :D Much appreciated :D
Hairybudda
DCEmu Cool Newbie
DCEmu Cool Newbie

Post by Hairybudda »

Damnit! i got logged in on that other account!

But it was me.

And no :D this isnt jut an excuse for spam ;)
Stoned Emu Coder
dcemuler
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by dcemuler »

Yeah , I still have a little hope , all you have to do is to give us , the beta version , just to make sure ...

Ps: Where can I find the fake n64 emu movie :?:
Seeking only strenght
Couldness that could burn a person
Throwing away pride
Stopping time with hatred
Hairybudda
DCEmu Cool Newbie
DCEmu Cool Newbie

Post by Hairybudda »

dcemuler wrote: Yeah , I still have a little hope , all you have to do is to give us , the beta version , just to make sure ...
:?

Yes, im gona give out the public beta early after getting so much shit for the ID program (sarcasm ) :)
Stoned Emu Coder
Dr Zoidberg
The Filth
The Filth

Post by Dr Zoidberg »

Hairy wrote:
Dr Zoidberg wrote: I don't want to be put in a position were I can be framed for something I didn't do again. roll
What, did someone try to frame you, for leaking a beta or something?
Yep. I was angry about it too, the zWo was going to run wild on this website, but then I got GTA3 & beat up some hookers & I calmed down. :lol:
Hairy wrote: Heh, this wont happen here, i got some good-ass leak protection here, so even if it is leaked, it will not work on any other dreamcast than the one it was originally intended for.
Let's hope it's HyperG-leak proof! :lol:
Hairy wrote:
Dr Zoidberg wrote: Wraggster should get in touch with you soon. ;)
Cheers pal :D Much appreciated :D
No problemo, I had to e-mail him about some DC Evo images anyway.
Van_Lardo
DCEmu Hanger On
DCEmu Hanger On

Post by Van_Lardo »

Hmm... I'd have to say that I'm a DOUBTER more than a flamer...

I want to believe it exists and it would be great if it did, but all the scientific evidence I have point to it being a farce...

...kind of like that whole "God" thing... :p

I don't know whether to wish the "Blur Team" well or not... I'd love to see that emu so badly! :?

But even the Master System hasn't been "perfected" yet... so what's this emu REALLY gonna be like?

I demand answers! :x

Please. :)
Holly Hasney
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by Holly Hasney »

Van_Lardo wrote: but all the scientific evidence I have point to it being a farce...
And what evidence is that?

Anyways, it's gonna be crap no doubt, just like almost every other first relase of an emulator, but you'll know it will be good :)

I personally like the crapness, show ya what can be achived over a period of time unlike when Dream-O-Rama came outta no where not knowing how long it took or anything (although, still a fun to play emulator)...

To be quite blunt, I only ever played 2 games I ever liked on PS1 and I will probably never use the emulator, but I just think it's so great watching that little swirl come up and then having a PS1 game booting :lol: :)