Blur homepage!

This forum is for discussion pertaining to homebrew and indie software for the Dreamcast, such as homebrew games, emulators/interpreters, and other homebrew software/applications. Porting requests and developmental ideas are not to be made here; you can make those here. If you need any help burning discs for homebrew software, this is the place to ask as well.
Van_Lardo
DCEmu Hanger On
DCEmu Hanger On
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Blur homepage!

Post by Van_Lardo »

Check out http://dev.dcemulation.org/blur/index.html for the "official homepage" of Blur...

Even a sceptical non-believer such as myself is beginning to get a little bit more than casualy intertested in this project... :lol:
Image http://www.geocities.com/vanlardo HELP! I CAN'T POST ANY MORE MESSAGES! I KEEP GETTING MESSAGES TELLING ME TO COME BACK LATER!
Dr Zoidberg
The Filth
The Filth

Post by Dr Zoidberg »

This is the first I've heard about that page. :roll:
Van_Lardo
DCEmu Hanger On
DCEmu Hanger On

Post by Van_Lardo »

Well, there you go! Have I earned my own tag-name now?

Please, if you post this on the news page give me some credit! I've been here for months without a mention! ;) lol
Image http://www.geocities.com/vanlardo HELP! I CAN'T POST ANY MORE MESSAGES! I KEEP GETTING MESSAGES TELLING ME TO COME BACK LATER!
Joestar
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by Joestar »

it was posted on the blur forum, just to let you know.
The Kron_

Post by The Kron_ »

Van it wont be posted on the main page untill at least a beta is released!

In terms of what Dr Zoidy meant, 007Cheater is once again giving support to a still unconfirmed as real project when it was specifically asked of him not to promote it in any way untill a release is supplied.

But (sarcasm) what a surprise (/sarcasm) that site suddenly springs up through a DCemu domain and no-one on the staff side was told.
Van_Lardo
DCEmu Hanger On
DCEmu Hanger On

Post by Van_Lardo »

Man! And I thought I was the cynical one around here? ;)

I wasn't being serious about the news post. I still think it's wrong to promote unconfirmed software on the front page (I said it all through that "N64 emulator" scam a while ago despite 007's rampant postings).

I am shocked though that no-one on the site (apparently) knew about this little "domain". Even more startling is that I found it and reported it before Zoidberg, Hasney, etc...

Surely, if it's part of dcemulation.org's website, someone SOMEWHERE is pulling the wool over everyone's eyes, right? :roll:

It seems that it's been around for about a week and no-one knew about it!

I'm VERY suspicious that there's no "evidence" page... there's simply news (where someone is trying to get a girl's attention, as if!), a message board and a download page! No pics, movies, starting code, system logic, technical info, early demos or anything at all that goes along with what's been said!

Even the cheesey pictures of a Dreamcast with a Playstation logo on it looks really basic (probably done in MS Paint)...

...sorry. I'm not convinced...

... yet. ;)
miah
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by miah »

I'm not convinced either. Until I have somthing I can run on the dreamcast everything posted about Blur! is just hype. Its really sad that people have to stoop to that level of lameness in an attempt to be "cool".

-miah
pavelbure
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life

Post by pavelbure »

theres just something about those pages that just screams unprofessionalism. heck, it wouldnt surprise me to see in a few days its been cancelled because of "lamers".
How many more people do the Radical Islamic Subhuman Cockroaches have to kill before people realize they need to be taken out ?
FFXI Server: Gilgamesh
FFXIV Server: Figaro
Liberals click here !!!!
miah
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by miah »

HAH. I love that excuse when a programmer uses it. "The community sucks so I'm stoping development of my shitty software". It just screams "I'm a whiney immature kid that is trying to be an elite programmer". There are plenty of other skilled developers out there who will most likely write the same software. I just really wish that more people did release the source to their projects *UNLESS* they are planning to use it to make money. If they're not going to make money off it, you know they're going to get bored of maintaining the software eventually and start working on somthing else...

-miah
Holly Hasney
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by Holly Hasney »

Actually, don't blame 'Professor Bryant' on this one. One of the coders of Blur (Skizot) was actually given webmaster powers on http://dev.dcemulation.org before he was a part of Blur, so in all honesty, as much as I would LOVE another cahnce to ridicule him, he might not even know about it :)
Dr Zoidberg
The Filth
The Filth

Post by Dr Zoidberg »

Van_Lardo wrote: Well, there you go! Have I earned my own tag-name now?
I was going to give you your name tag before this post.
Van_Lardo wrote: Please, if you post this on the news page give me some credit! I've been here for months without a mention! ;) lol
You were mentioned on the main page a couple of weeks ago.
Van_Lardo
DCEmu Hanger On
DCEmu Hanger On

Post by Van_Lardo »

Hurray for Zoidberg! :D Thanks for making me a "hanger on" at DCEmu!

I was on the front page?.... Darn! What was it for?... somthing good, I hope!

By the way, how much longer until the BETA release of Blur?... Seems to be taking forever! :( (not that I'm a tester or anything! :evil: )
Dr Zoidberg
The Filth
The Filth

Post by Dr Zoidberg »

Van_Lardo wrote: I was on the front page?.... Darn! What was it for?... somthing good, I hope!
It was to do with a question you asked ATani, you can find it on this page somewhere. You are now famous Van Lardo, you've had your name mentioned on the biggest site in the DC sk3n3! :lol:
Holly Hasney
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by Holly Hasney »

Van_Lardo wrote: By the way, how much longer until the BETA release of Blur?... Seems to be taking forever! :( (not that I'm a tester or anything! :evil: )
It's been delayed because of the beta leak protection... You can thank many a DC leaked beta for that ;)
miah
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by miah »

"beta leak protection" hahahaha.. Is this software a diaper or a PSXemu? Sounds like an extremely lame excuse to me. Everybody, get ready for the announcment that this software is a fake. (Though, I really want for it to exist).

-miah
Van_Lardo
DCEmu Hanger On
DCEmu Hanger On

Post by Van_Lardo »

Anyhoo, forum regular Van Lardo asked what we can expect to see in the next release of DCGen
Fame at last! :lol:

I'm REALLY starting to get a bad feeling about "Blur"...

I noticed that 007 hasn't commented on why the homepage is part of dcemulation.org. Did he say anything to you guys about it? :?
Dr Zoidberg
The Filth
The Filth

Post by Dr Zoidberg »

Van_Lardo wrote: I noticed that 007 hasn't commented on why the homepage is part of dcemulation.org. Did he say anything to you guys about it? :?
Haha, you're joking, right? :lol:

The last post of mine that I remember 007 replying to was about a month ago when I had to explain a little joke that Sin-Tex had said to him that he didn't get.
Van_Lardo
DCEmu Hanger On
DCEmu Hanger On

Post by Van_Lardo »

I'm REALLY getting a bad feeling about this!

It's like one of those movies where the guy goes into the barn, never comes out and they send others in to get him, but they don't come out... and so they send in more and more people until the last one goes in and finds everyone brutally murdered by some mad psycho guy!...

...Actually, it's NOT like that...

...Still pretty strange though :?

When was the last that anyone heard from "the creator", 007 Cheater?
Dr Zoidberg
The Filth
The Filth

Post by Dr Zoidberg »

He posted in the Apps forum a couple of days ago & he posted that MIRC news on the main page. There's a DC Evolution topic in the Admin forum I'd quite like him to read, so if you're reading this 007....HOST THE DAMN SITE!!! :lol:
dc^dude
DCEmu Fast Newbie
DCEmu Fast Newbie

he did have proof

Post by dc^dude »

there is proof because of the elf file that holywood hansley scrambled, and he got a result, a bad result, but a result never the less, that was released on our(im dcsteve) forums.