DC Movie Player released

This forum is for discussion pertaining to homebrew and indie software for the Dreamcast, such as homebrew games, emulators/interpreters, and other homebrew software/applications. Porting requests and developmental ideas are not to be made here; you can make those here. If you need any help burning discs for homebrew software, this is the place to ask as well.
El_Maska_45
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

What's about dreamcast european users??????????

Post by El_Maska_45 »

Always when an emulator or application for dreamcast is released,NEVER the autors release a 50hz version,and we can't play it.Please bero release a 50hz version!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
gnateye
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by gnateye »

firstly, bero you rock great player, and thankyou so much for puttin a mac friendly version up there, makes a world of difference 8)

i have had good luck playing real media files, windows media files, mp3 files, wav files

couldnt get it to play the new animatric .mov file, it just froze at the load, some of my divx files worked fine, i think better than dcdivx, but i only havea few, and need to test more files.

so over all awesome test version, i cant wait for updates, and if you need any help with graphic related stuff drop me a line, i would be glad to help.

my dream wish list would be if this could play streaming real media, windows media and mp3 files from online, or was somehow incorperated into a version of the PSD browser, i have always wanted to be able to listen to streaming music when i travel, i always bring my DC to check emails and pass the time, and watch movies etc, if i could listen to my internet radio station too, oh a boy can dream cant he 8)
Kilokahn
DCEmu Crazy Poster
DCEmu Crazy Poster

Post by Kilokahn »

Bero,

Is it possible for you to allow streaming MP3 off the Internet from like SHOUTcast.com? Of course it depends if they know the address to the stream they want:

IE:

http://radio.kyndig.com:10000

I would love to have my Dreamcast get my favourite SHOUTcast stations, that means I wouldn't have to buy any expensive equipment and I can have all the entertainment I need.

Thanks,

Chris
Mountain Dew
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by Mountain Dew »

How do i get the video to play? I boot it up with the movie player disc i made with DJ then i put my divx cd in and it does nothing how do you play the movie?
DO THE DEW
ShadowofBob
ShadowOfBob
ShadowOfBob

Post by ShadowofBob »

When you insert the disc wait 5 seconds until the DC stops reading it and press the Y buton. Then select the movie you want to play and press A.
Mountain Dew
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by Mountain Dew »

ShadowofBob wrote:When you insert the disc wait 5 seconds until the DC stops reading it and press the Y buton. Then select the movie you want to play and press A.
Ok i can get it to work with mpeg files the video is great but the audio skips all the time :( Does it skip for you with mpeg files? And i can get divx files to work at all. Do you have to re encode your videos to get them to work? I would like to thank bero for this beta looks great so far.
DO THE DEW
krog
DCEmu Crazy Poster
DCEmu Crazy Poster

Post by krog »

First off this is a great player. Much props to Bero. My vcd disks play visually beautiful but the audio is a little unbearable with the way it skips. The sound quality is definitly way better than DC DivX(I rarely use Gyp play). 24 fps 320x240 600 kbs DivX files play but slightly choppy. For a first test release though this is outstanding.
And the LOADING!!!!!!!!!! wow
I am wondering though about the amount of time the disk spends spinning. I know we are doing things this machine was not originally desinged to do. When I remove a divx disk using DC DivX I notice it isn"t spinning all the time but it is with this player. Could this be an extra wear on the drive? Or does DC DivX actually spin the disk more and I am just noticing it at the wrong times? I understand that the same amount of information must be read no matter what player you use.
Sorry so long. Just curious
Mountain Dew
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by Mountain Dew »

If i was going to encode a divx video what are the best setting for this player?
DO THE DEW
suikojay
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by suikojay »

I'm not sure what the problem is, but how come whenever I try to burn the image file of the DC Movie Player to a disc, I get an "unexpected exception" error? I tried restarting the computer, but I still keep getting that error every single time. Any suggestions?
OneThirty8
Damn Dirty Ape
Damn Dirty Ape

Post by OneThirty8 »

Mountain Dew wrote: If i was going to encode a divx video what are the best setting for this player?
Try one of these guides to start off. They're for DCDivX but your videos should play on DC Movie Player if they're encoded using those guides.

http://homebrew.dcemulation.org/zacmcd/DcDivX4dummies/
http://website.lineone.net/~don.hopkins ... cdivx.html

After you get a video that works, try upping the bitrates and stuff and see if you can squeeze more out of it.
OneThirty8
Damn Dirty Ape
Damn Dirty Ape

Post by OneThirty8 »

I'm not sure what the problem is, but how come whenever I try to burn the image file of the DC Movie Player to a disc, I get an "unexpected exception" error? I tried restarting the computer, but I still keep getting that error every single time. Any suggestions?
Try downloading a new version of nero from http://www.ahead.de
suikojay
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by suikojay »

OneThirty8 wrote:
Try downloading a new version of nero from http://www.ahead.de
Sweet, thanks man, it worked! And thanks to you too Bero for developing this! :D
BlackAura
DC Developer
DC Developer

Re: What's about dreamcast european users??????????

Post by BlackAura »

El_Maska_45 wrote:Always when an emulator or application for dreamcast is released,NEVER the autors release a 50hz version,and we can't play it.Please bero release a 50hz version!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Go here, and get the DC PAL Converter. It's a program I wrote which should force most DC homebrew programs make with KallitiIS 1.1.6 or above to run in 50Hz mode. I've not tried it with this program, but it should work.

You need to unscramble the binary, run it through the converter, and re-scramble it again. Using MC's descrambler:

Code: Select all

scramble -d 1st_read.bin player_ntsc.bin
palconv player_ntsc.bin player_pal.bin
scramble player_pal.bin 1st_read.bin
That should work. Probably.
Captain Tokyo
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by Captain Tokyo »

Fantastic picture, but unfortunately the sound skipping means that the vast majority of my video's (mostly anime episodes and MV's) are currently completely unwatchable with this release.
Also nobody has mentioned the audio/video desync. This happened on every file I tried. I was using videos of greatly varying quality but the result was always the same - great picture, but (lots of) audio skipping and desync.
The deysnc is only minimal (about 1 second, or a little more on higher quality stuff) but is nonetheless damn annoying. Perhaps I'm just being too much of a perfectionist. :roll:

Anyway great job so far, fingers crossed for the next release. ;)
-Johnick-
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by -Johnick- »

Bero, your player kicks large amounts of ass. I tried a few movies that didnt have a hope of playing in DCDIVX, one of which blew me away.

Akira
621 megs
448x336 - 91 kbs
cbr mp3 128 kbs @ 48000hz

It actually played perfectly except the the sound was skipping/repeating, put the picture was perfect.I cant wait for updates of your great player man, keep up the great work ;).

ps my only gripe is tht i have yet to see it play any of the real video files i have, but thats all (anyway i hear that codecs a ****).
suikojay
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by suikojay »

Well, after tons of testing, the majority of my movies and anime episodes played really well. But unfortunately for most of them, at some point within the movie or episode, it would freeze. :(
bero
DC Developer
DC Developer

Post by bero »

test2 released

* CHANGES
test2
- ogm support
- change mpeg audio decoder to mpglib with sh4 dct36
- fast idct using sh4 matrix/vector
- some speed optimize
- delete unneeded encoder stuff by #ifdef CONFIG_ENCODERS .. #endif
- SVCD aspect ratio support
- experimental PAL support
- fix VCD autodetect

please post ogm and VCD work or not
OneThirty8
Damn Dirty Ape
Damn Dirty Ape

Post by OneThirty8 »

Great! Didn't expect a new version so soon. Keep up the great work bero!
ShadowofBob
ShadowOfBob
ShadowOfBob

Post by ShadowofBob »

The web site you are trying to access has exceeded its allocated data transfer. :(
Damn it. Now I have to wait 1 hour to try it. Can you post a direct link bero? Or can someone else put the files up somewhere?
OneThirty8
Damn Dirty Ape
Damn Dirty Ape

Post by OneThirty8 »

I'm sure Zac will have it on DC Homebrew by morning...