Who saw X2? (spoilers)

Talk about anything and everything not related to this site or the Dreamcast, such as news stories, political discussion, or anything else. If there's not a forum for it, it belongs in here. Also, be warned that personal insults, threats, and spamming will not be tolerated.
Lartrak
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by Lartrak »

I can definetly see why people would like the first better... But I have absolutely no doubt that there is quite a bit more action in the second one.

The dramatic scenes in the original between Wolverine and Rogue beat any of the drama in the second one, IMO. I thought their relationship was really well done for how little screen time it had.
Covar
DCEmu Mega Fan
DCEmu Mega Fan

Post by Covar »

they were both good but I would have to say that the second one was better because it built off the first one and didn't have to explain all about mutants to non x-men fans. I also noticed more inside things in X2 than X1.

by the way is Stan Lee in this one? if so did anyone see him?
404NotFound
DCEmu Ex-Mod
DCEmu Ex-Mod

Post by 404NotFound »

didn't see him... isn't he always a hotdog vender?
toastman
Iron Fist of Justice
Iron Fist of Justice

Post by toastman »

Also, something more my friend Travis noticed. Project Wideawake, a Sentinel reference.
No signature.
Lartrak
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by Lartrak »

Did Stan Lee make the x-men? I didn't think he did.
zero
DCEmu Super Fan
DCEmu Super Fan

Post by zero »

wow, i watched this film today, and it has to be one of the best films i seen so far all year, i liked it better then the first one, like what was already said it had more action then the last one, and a better story, i can't wait for the 3rd one :mrgreen: .
Dark Schneider
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by Dark Schneider »

I really liked X2 as well.

I only wished that they had developed Lady Deathstrike as a character some more. -I liked her, and yet I had to read a newspaper article about it to verify her name. (Never even said in the movie I think)

The only other thing that would have made it better, would have been an appearance of "The Silver Samurai" easily the best villian in XMEN.
lol, I suppose he would not have fit the plot though.
Lartrak
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by Lartrak »

They called her Yuriko in the movie, her non-superhero name.
Nyarlathotep
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Nyarlathotep »

In the comics she had a reason to go after Wolverine, namely that he killed her father.

In the film shes just some poor sucker under mind control...
Ender
DCEmu Super Poster
DCEmu Super Poster

Post by Ender »

[quote="1LINUXuser"]I saw it yesterday and loved it. I was a big fan of the cartoons and read whatever free comics of it I can.

did anyone notice Beast's appearance? In the scene with the guard in the bar on the t.v. there was a news show and at the bottom it said, "up next an interview with Dr. Hank(?) McKoy."

btw is his name Hank or Henry I can't seem to remember.[/quote]

Oy :| . Hank is short for Henry, like Chris is short for Christopher, and Jack is short for John.
SchmuckofNI
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by SchmuckofNI »

Did morph make a guest appearance in this movie? I wonder when they will make the connection between x-men and star trek? They already have a book about it...
Hawq
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Hawq »

If they did it'd have to be one of the 2 later ones, couldnt do the one with Kirk now, probably wont do it though theres enough to go on with anyway without crossovers.
The Prisoner - Makes NGE's ending look almost intelligible.
theres no-one else to blame

Bored? figure out where the above lines from. Answers
zero
DCEmu Super Fan
DCEmu Super Fan

Post by zero »

whats this about a connection with x-men and star trek?, could someone please explane?.
404NotFound
DCEmu Ex-Mod
DCEmu Ex-Mod

Post by 404NotFound »

Nyarlathotep wrote:In the comics she had a reason to go after Wolverine, namely that he killed her father.

In the film shes just some poor sucker under mind control...

Come come now, if movie makers put every connection, twist, turn, and connection of a comic book into a movie then it would not only be a 5 hour movie, but the people watching it would be confused out of their skulls...
Nyarlathotep
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Nyarlathotep »

404NotFound wrote:Come come now, if movie makers put every connection, twist, turn, and connection of a comic book into a movie then it would not only be a 5 hour movie, but the people watching it would be confused out of their skulls...
Yeah, but it adds a totally different spin to her character... instead of being some crazy bitch out for revenge shes just a victim of the mind control like cyclops was...
Hawq
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Hawq »

There was a comic made that crossed the X-men over into the Star trek universe in Kirks time, if memory serves the Mkraan crystal was going screwy and needed fixing by the pheonix and opened a rift accross dimensions (correct me if I got the reason wrong its been a while since I last read it) the Shi'ar were involved as well. Then there was one involving a plot to rule time by Kang & Q was in there somewhere as well, this one taking place in Picards time as well as in the present and several other times as well. That one leads directly into the novel, though for Picard & his people a year has passed and the X-men are transported into the Star Trek universe as soon as they are returned to earth in their time so for them no time at all has passed, the book even has a joke about Picards resemblence to prof X in it :wink: .
The Prisoner - Makes NGE's ending look almost intelligible.
theres no-one else to blame

Bored? figure out where the above lines from. Answers
perry
Tha DCEmu Pimp Daddy
Tha DCEmu Pimp Daddy

Post by perry »

Feck...excellant movie. Never been a big X-men fan but this was even better than the first. I will be adding this to my collection as soon as DVD is out.
In the words of Q-Tip : Looking for vibes or positivity, not negativity / 'Cause we gotta strive for longevity by online gaming