How can I make Nester DC self boot with roms?

This forum is for discussion pertaining to homebrew and indie software for the Dreamcast, such as homebrew games, emulators/interpreters, and other homebrew software/applications. Porting requests and developmental ideas are not to be made here; you can make those here. If you need any help burning discs for homebrew software, this is the place to ask as well.
DLolos
DCEmu Fast Newbie
DCEmu Fast Newbie
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

How can I make Nester DC self boot with roms?

Post by DLolos »

I want to make a CD with the roms on it but the only thing I can find on DCemulation is Nero images and disc juggler. Where can I download the regular files so I can put the emulator and roms in one CD?
Dr Zoidberg
The Filth
The Filth

Post by Dr Zoidberg »

You'll find a link to the NesterDC plain files in the guide below. Ahhh, the wonders of copy & paste! ;)

Download DSSBS Final from the Needed Tools page.

Download the latest version of the NesterDC 1ST_READ.BIN & the package from here.

Unzip the package & then put the IP.BIN into the folder called "files" that's in the package. Overwrite the old 1ST_READ.BIN in the "files" folder with the newer version if the package doesn't include the newest one already.

Unzip DSSBS Final & put everything from the package's "files" folder into DSSBS's "new" folder. So the "new" folder should have a 1st_read.bin, an ip.bin & 2 folders called games & pics in it.

Put your unzipped roms into the "games" folder.

Click on dssbs.bat, then press 1 to make a Discjuggler image or 2 for a Nero image.

Once it's done start up DJ & select New > CD Image to CD Recorder or start up Nero & select File > Burn Image, then burn it.
miah
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by miah »

*cough* dcfactory.. its so darn simple.

-miah
jaaaaaaaaaaaaay
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by jaaaaaaaaaaaaay »

I just wanted to thank Dr Zoidberg for putting this process into simple terms! I've been using two discs since I heard about NesterDC, & could never figure out how to put it all on one.

Dr Zoidberg's little tutorial above works flawlessly.

You 'da man!
Dr Zoidberg
The Filth
The Filth

Post by Dr Zoidberg »

Nice to hear you got it all working on 1 CD jaaaaaaaaaaaaay, have fun with it. :)