PSO Homebrewed Server?

This forum is for discussion pertaining to homebrew and indie software for the Dreamcast, such as homebrew games, emulators/interpreters, and other homebrew software/applications. Porting requests and developmental ideas are not to be made here; you can make those here. If you need any help burning discs for homebrew software, this is the place to ask as well.

Would ya want to use a fan-made PSO server?

Total votes: 0
Dbztrunks1020
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by Dbztrunks1020 »

if it was done I would want it to be a world wide thing not just for one country
???K ??G?
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by ???K ??G? »

OK so is this Project working now? i mean can i connect to it now?

I saw the addresses info..but i dont know how to set it up...
can some one give me more details on setting it up so i can go online?

by the way im on PC and i got PSO for PC
details will be appreciated..thank you
Last edited by ???K ??G? on Sat Jan 11, 2003 2:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
????K ??G??
Great One
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by Great One »

???K ??G?? wrote:OK so is this Project working now? i mean can i connect to it now?

I saw the addresses info..but i dont know how to set it up...
can some one give me more details on setting it up so i can go online?

by the way im on PC and i got PSO for PC (rip)

details will be appreciated..thank you
you aint getting no help fool! Its warez and we dont tolerate that
???K ??G?
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by ???K ??G? »

Stop talkin shit and help :roll:
????K ??G??
Great One
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by Great One »

???K ??G?? wrote:Stop talkin poop and help :roll:
lol...... Try asking the admin. or the moderators.... they`ll give you the same answer as i did
area
DCEmu Super Poster
DCEmu Super Poster

Post by area »

He (i.e. Great One) is right.... and we don't want this topic to be closed for warez discussion :|
Cless
DCEmu Cool Poster
DCEmu Cool Poster

Post by Cless »

I'm sure everyone who has the pc one is a rip and GreatOne he already has the warez so its not like your helping him get it. Your helping him on a server. So anyways there no guide on how to do it yet so I dont know how.
???K ??G?
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by ???K ??G? »

Cless wrote:
I'm sure everyone who has the pc one is a rip and GreatOne he already has the warez so its not like your helping him get it. Your helping him on a server. So anyways there no guide on how to do it yet so I dont know how.

:(
????K ??G??
Cless
DCEmu Cool Poster
DCEmu Cool Poster

Post by Cless »

kubyx wrote:
Cless wrote:If you need PSO GC version I can mail you a copy of the usa one once I get some cash.
Hopeflly you mean a real legit "copy"
NM GC is cracked but you'll need a panasonic Q to play.
Arqueiro
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter

Post by Arqueiro »

Barubary wrote: The Dreamcast is the second easiest. You can either use Xploder codes to change the DNS entry that the client uses, or you can set the Dreamcast network settings to use a DNS server that intentionally returns the wrong address for the logon server.

-- Barubary

Ok, how to do this ??? what is xploder code ? how to make this run ? please explain !
3d graphics and visualization ?
http://www.arquiteturadigital.com
Nites
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by Nites »

Hi, i recently found your site and talk about setting up a PSO server. I bought the JP PSO for PC version but i dunt understand jap so i cannot get online... I would like to see a PSO homebrew server up ^_^

is there any chance that theres some possibilty of working??

also just note.... you can try out online sessions from the pc version using the PC network demo version.... on the sega server.... might help...

[edit] i read barubary's post but i dunt understand it very well >_<
Extodus
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by Extodus »

game01.st-pso.games.sega.net
If thats the real thing then I'm about to go on to the DC servers ^^ thru my PC
Full ver if I can get it to work then all I need is a S/N and A/Key
Extodus
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by Extodus »

Barubary wrote:I already have a working server, in a sense. Currently, you can walk around and talk to others in the lobby. I even managed to get the PC and DC versions compatible - they *see each other*.

The Gamecube protocol encryption is different, but me and my Japanese friend broke it using an elaborate trick to fake the client into sending us the EXE file (since we can't read Gamecube DVDs). I don't have a Gamecube or GC PSO, so I can't work on it at the moment.

By the way, the server address is a hardcoded DNS entry in the client. Specifically:

European DC:
Logon Server: pso.dream-key.com:9200

American DC:
Hunter's License: auth01.dricas.com:443
Logon Server: game01.st-pso.games.sega.net:9200

Japanese DC:
Hunter's License: auth01.dricas.com:443
Logon Server: pso01.dricas.ne.jp:9200

Japanese GC:
Logon Server: pso-gc01.sonic.isao.net:9300

All PC:
Hunter's License/Patch: pso-mp02.sonic.isao.net:???
Logon Server: pso-mp01.sonic.isao.net:9000

The PC version is the easiest to mess with. You just add an entry into %SystemRoot%\System32\Drivers\etc\hosts for pso-mp01.sonic.isao.net that points to the server.

The Dreamcast is the second easiest. You can either use Xploder codes to change the DNS entry that the client uses, or you can set the Dreamcast network settings to use a DNS server that intentionally returns the wrong address for the logon server.

The Gamecube is the hardest, especially in modem mode. The modem configuration of the Gamecube does not let you set the DNS server explicitly - it *always* uses what the ISP tells you. With Ethernet, however, the Gamecube does let you change the DNS address, so you can do the same trick as the Dreamcast.

-- Barubary
Can you explian to me how to change the DNS for DC with out an xploder? Major thanks :D and with a xploder the code address.
This would help me a lot.

mystifiey
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by mystifiey »

is this going to be pushed to happen because ppl who have BOUGHT the import and used it on the trial servers can no longer as trial servers have patched the servers to stop it :?
sonicblur
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by sonicblur »

Erm.... The idea if you BOUGHT the import is to also BUY a hunters license to play it on the correct servers. I bought the import, and only played it online for a month before ditching it.

I did hear that booma king or whatever his name is WAS working on a fix to get the full version back on the demo servers for free play.

Barn-baby isn't going to release his crappy server.
Hook me up with the encryption method and I'll write one for you. Although every time I've written a server before, it usually chokes after one connection and doesn't work right anymore, I'm sure going open source would solve that. :wink:
mystifiey
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by mystifiey »

sonicblur wrote:Erm.... The idea if you BOUGHT the import is to also BUY a hunters license to play it on the correct servers. I bought the import, and only played it online for a month before ditching it.

I did hear that booma king or whatever his name is WAS working on a fix to get the full version back on the demo servers for free play.

Barn-baby isn't going to release his crappy server.
Hook me up with the encryption method and I'll write one for you. Although every time I've written a server before, it usually chokes after one connection and doesn't work right anymore, I'm sure going open source would solve that. :wink:
well cudnt u make some files then? :roll:
Keiyentai_Yotaiya
DCEmu Fast Newbie
DCEmu Fast Newbie

Post by Keiyentai_Yotaiya »

ok wow that was 8 pages of conflict and confusion lol. Ok now how would I acces these PSO servers? I'm still new to the marvels of Dreamcast's PC like abilitys so please don't flame me. Is there a tut on how with Baru's servers? (Sorry if I spelled your name wrong)
I'm slowly loosing my mind and my Dreamcast is not helping me at all lol. SEGA!!!
q_006
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by q_006 »

wasn't someone else working on this very same thing?
i believe he had a somewhat working model.
it's on the forums somewhere.
Neo-Ice
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by Neo-Ice »

I'm guessing this project is dead, though I would have really liked to connect to Barubary's server. I never found the ip address for it anywhere. I'd like to help anyway but Barubary has seemed to disappear.

-Ice
Neo-Ice Admin. Of AU
dkoikadabra
DCEmu Fast Newbie
DCEmu Fast Newbie

Post by dkoikadabra »

Well, sorry to bring up a dead thread, but if anyone wants to chip in some logs, I'll be willing to set up another FTP server. However, since PSO is on every console but the PS2 now, I don't honestly expect a lot of interest to be generated. Hopefully, I'm wrong.
Note about my crap page: yeah, it sucks. I know this. If your resolution is lower than 1024x728, it won't show the middle pane. But it gives ya some real, real horrid directions on how to log your session.
Again, if anyone's interested, reply as such.
Who reads that dumb text at the bottom of a post? Oh, I guess you do.