um........dreamsnes team?

Anything DreamSNES-related can be asked in this forum, such as general questions about the emulator, how to burn it, etc.
jessman
DCEmu Super Poster
DCEmu Super Poster
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

um........dreamsnes team?

Post by jessman »

hey, sorry about my earlier post.
well, anyway, i know i'm not supposed to ask, but i'm really confused!
some people say that a new release of dreamsnes is coming out on easter,
while others say it'll never happen, but i think that everyone would like to know if it's really gonna happen? i'm sorry, but there's alotta mumbo jumbo in this forum! all i ask is if someone was lying, there is a new release, or if it'll happen sometime this year? don't get me wrong, i use dreamsnes all the time and enjoy it and i'm not trying to rush you guys in ANY way, but could you clear up this problem? thanks! :fight: :ninja:

Spreading his inquiries all over the net!

<^_^>
DoomDan
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by DoomDan »

The people who say that it's coming out on Easter are probably lying. There was people who said it would come out on St. Patricks Day and Valentine's Day, but did it come out? No. Anyways, just wait patiently for the next release.
Nico0020
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life

Post by Nico0020 »

as we all do. for now occupy yourself with some good old DoomDC or HexenDC. really does the trick for me when the "craving"kicks in,heh.
*The Cadillac of signatures*
Psychlonic
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by Psychlonic »

DreamSNES team rarely posts here, so it probably isn't a good idea to ask them directly. Why? My guess is that they get tired of answering questions, but I can't answer that for sure.
You also have to realise that these guys have real lives too, they probably don't want to spend their ENTIRE lives coding. They are also doing it for free basically, you knew that. But pick it apart and you realise they don't have any deadlines, they don't need to meet requirement, they work on DreamSNES at their leisure.
In my earlier post on your topic I wasn't intending to bring your hopes down, but you shouldn't expect a new release to happen on every holiday. When it comes out, it comes out. It will be awesome when it does but until then your computer emulates SNES better.
VR6
DCEmu Junior
DCEmu Junior

Post by VR6 »

It will take a while regardless...i never get into the whole "holiday hype" because i know 9 times out of 10 it wont come out....just sit back play a little .98 and wait haha
SchmuckofNI
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by SchmuckofNI »

The funny thing is at least these guys have an update every 6-9 months vs a rom translation which can take 1 month to 5 years.
:roll:
NiGHTSFTP
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by NiGHTSFTP »

nobody said it was coming. People was guessing. and By the By Nakimichi is a beta tester so he very well could have the right info about may 1st.
Signatures images may be no greater than cock pixels high by dick pixels wide in dimension and balls kilobytes in filesize. Multiple images may be wang, but in total they may not exceed the johnson specifications.
DcSteve
Modder Of Rage
Modder Of Rage

Post by DcSteve »

Dont forget that Peter Bortas came in here and posted that the last release would be released a few days before it actually was, and people didnt believe it was him. Shows how people have no BELIEF anymore...

Oh and for those doubters- Easter may not be over. Orthodox Easter is THIS sunday for greeks and others.. . The dsnes team might observe that and maybe you should "observe" it to.
NiGHTSFTP
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by NiGHTSFTP »

heh, i just that post bout what your talking bout steve. He seemed fake to me (even though it was 3 days b4 any info spilled bout it the release)
Signatures images may be no greater than cock pixels high by dick pixels wide in dimension and balls kilobytes in filesize. Multiple images may be wang, but in total they may not exceed the johnson specifications.
BlackAura
DC Developer
DC Developer

Post by BlackAura »

Nobody believed Peter Bortas? Hang on, I remember that. Nobody realised who he was, and thought be was just another newbie, right?
NiGHTSFTP
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by NiGHTSFTP »

ZacMc
DCEmu Super Fan
DCEmu Super Fan

Post by ZacMc »

DcSteve wrote:Dont forget that Peter Bortas came in here and posted that the last release would be released a few days before it actually was, and people didnt believe it was him. Shows how people have no BELIEF anymore...
That wasn't peter. It was some lamer pretending to be him.
Why would he post "- Even more speedup!" on the forums and post "there are no speedups in this release" on his site :wink:
elevatorman
DCEmu Fast Newbie
DCEmu Fast Newbie

Post by elevatorman »

:mrgreen: :monkeypissright: :?:
DcSteve
Modder Of Rage
Modder Of Rage

Post by DcSteve »

he did say there was some more unnoticable speedup on his site, and everything else in that post was pretty much accurate! If you look at his site, youll find: (Ok, there are some speedups, but not much you should normally notice.)
ZacMc
DCEmu Super Fan
DCEmu Super Fan

Post by ZacMc »

DcSteve wrote:he did say there was some more unnoticable speedup on his site, and If you look at his site, youll find: (Ok, there are some speedups, but not much you should normally notice.)
Yeah the key word is unnoticable.
everything else in that post was pretty much accurate!
Dsnes changes wrote:Changes since 0.9.7:
SA-1 emulation fixed (Super Mario RPG now works (again))
C4 emulation implemented (MegaMan X2/X3 now works)
Putting a file called "NO_ROMS.HERE" in a directory prevents it from being scanned for roms.
Added in game menu that lets you choose among other things to reset the game or jump to the next or previous game on the CD.
Fixed sprites in hires mode with transparencies on. Fixes Tokimeki Memorial.
Fixed memory map for Super Dante RPG maker.
Improved buffer handling in mpeg player.
New locales: Charnego and Romanian.
dcemu lamer wrote:New status for DreamSnes 0.98:
- Even more speedup (some games 100% w frameskipping)
- Less frameskipping for most games
- 22 khz sound
- New minigames
- games like MegamanX2 are going to work in this new version

We will give you a full status update in the next release, but expect really good speed (yes, its even faster then 0.97 without sound, with mono on DS 0.9 and better sound and more game supported.
The only thing the lamer was right about was the MMX2 support. and everyone knew that the new version would support MMX2/3 because the Dsnes team told us so ;)
DcSteve
Modder Of Rage
Modder Of Rage

Post by DcSteve »

point proven, eighter way... people still need to have belief in this emulator and not make early assumptions about when its was or is supposed to come out!
Check out the beats of rage community at http://borrevolution.vg-network.com/
jessman
DCEmu Super Poster
DCEmu Super Poster

Post by jessman »

dude, I didn't think THIS much people would ever respond to a post I made! well, thanks for trying to clear up this problem!

Spreading his inquiries all over the net!

<^_^>
DoomDan
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by DoomDan »

elevatorman wrote::mrgreen: :monkeypissright: :?:
:lol:
someoneElse
DCEmu Ultra Poster
DCEmu Ultra Poster

Post by someoneElse »

DcSteve wrote:point proven, eighter way... people still need to have belief in this emulator and not make early assumptions about when its was or is supposed to come out!

*Cough Cough* Irony... *Cough cough*
Can you survive Darwin's Blade? Sign up Today
BlackAura
DC Developer
DC Developer

Post by BlackAura »

Yeah, those posts looked fake. But they were just a couple of days before the release of 0.9.8, even if they were pretty much totally wrong about everything.