DC Generator

This forum is for discussion pertaining to homebrew and indie software for the Dreamcast, such as homebrew games, emulators/interpreters, and other homebrew software/applications. Porting requests and developmental ideas are not to be made here; you can make those here. If you need any help burning discs for homebrew software, this is the place to ask as well.
Toratsucino
DCEmu Junior
DCEmu Junior
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

DC Generator

Post by Toratsucino »

Can someone tell me how to make a rom disk for this genisis emulator?
NightsFTP?
DCEmu Junior
DCEmu Junior

Post by NightsFTP? »

hey look its that Warez Monkey, Reinno again (he pm'd me and told me its him) (i have the pm to prove it)
NightsFTP?
DCEmu Junior
DCEmu Junior

Post by NightsFTP? »

anyways yeah you just get a folder name it ROMS and put you unzipped .bin roms in there and then burn it
GoldbergWWE
Respected Artist
Respected Artist

Post by GoldbergWWE »

:roll:
Telling you what you need to know before you know you need to know it.
NightsFTP?
DCEmu Junior
DCEmu Junior

Post by NightsFTP? »

wh at do you mean :roll:
JoeyStyles66
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by JoeyStyles66 »

buddy, trust me, don't waste a cd on DCGenerator. No offence to the creators of DCGenerator, but that thing is TOTALLY unplayable! Every ROM i tried either froze when loading or froze after the title screen. A waste of a CD in my opinion :?
jessman
DCEmu Super Poster
DCEmu Super Poster

Post by jessman »

dc generator isn't worth making a cd of anyway! don't use it! it's sooooo buggy and freezes on almost every game!

Spreading his inquiries all over the net!

<^_^>
MetaFox
Adventure Gamer
Adventure Gamer

Post by MetaFox »

I don't see you coding a Genesis emulator, so shut the hell up.

I'm sick and tired of you little pricks that think that the whole world owes you everything.

You wonder why DCGen isn't getting many updates anymore - it's because I'm sick of catering to you whiners who just complain when a new release is out.

This version is worst than the last - It's still slow - It has no sound - It's buggy as hell - It freezes. Waawaawaa.

Get it in your mind that emulators are beta software created for fun for free by coders using thier spare time. No one owes you anything. Free software is a priveledge, not a right.

atani created a magnifecent piece of software. If that smash pack rip wasn't around he'd be getting more respect for DCGen.

Smash Pack was made by Sega - with first hand knowledge of the Genesis - using official devkits and official hardware.

Generator was reverse engineered for the PC - then ported to KOS by atani. With no help from Sega, no official devkits, no official hardware.

He ported it for fun, then decided to grace us all with a release. He could have kept it for himself, he didn't owe us anything, but he chose to release it for everyone to enjoy. Show some respect.
Last edited by MetaFox on Tue Apr 22, 2003 6:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
az_bont
Administrator
Administrator

Post by az_bont »

Damn straight, MetaFox :). Are you carrying on with your development of the emulator, or have you had enough of the likes of these lot?
Sick of sub-par Dreamcast web browsers that fail to impress? Visit Psilocybin Dreams!
burnerO
DC Developer
DC Developer

Post by burnerO »

MetaFox wrote:I'm sick and tired of you little pricks that think that the whole world owns you everything.
Nice one, I get very tired of reading that something "isn't worth burning."
MetaFox
Adventure Gamer
Adventure Gamer

Post by MetaFox »

I'm still going to be releasing updates - it's just that comments like these every 15 seconds pushed it back into not so much of a priority. It's not fun to code DCGen anymore.

I'm still continuing DCGen out of respect of atani - he's been a good online friend to me for some time - and it was sad for me to see him leave the emulation community. I'm just doing my part to keep a small part of his emulation legacy alive.
JoeyStyles66
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by JoeyStyles66 »

it's just that comments like these every 15 seconds pushed it back into not so much of a priority. It's not fun to code DCGen anymore.

Why are you freaking out about what a few people say about a pre-beta release? Let me know when your guilt trip is done :wink:
NightHammer
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by NightHammer »

jessman wrote:dc generator isn't worth making a cd of anyway! don't use it! it's sooooo buggy and freezes on almost every game!
I'm glad you weren't arround for the last release of DreamSNES...it was buggy and had a few more problems...but what is this? If only you give them some time...they...make one that's good! WOW! AMAZING!! I CAN'T BELEIVE IT! ...in other words...maybe if you'd stop whining, you'd get a decent Genesis emulator...instead of running the devvers away....

Later
NightHammer
All your systems are belong to me
crt0
DC Developer
DC Developer

Post by crt0 »

It's definitely a pain in the ass and a downer to work on something that you want to do, purely for fun and for the eventual enjoyment of others, and then have it shat on by ignorant pre-pubescent internet geeks ad nauseam. -_-
Warmachine
DCEmu Veteran
DCEmu Veteran

Post by Warmachine »

All I have to say is, if you dont like the speed get the illegal one, if you dont want to then shut the fuck up and wait. :D
:headbang: Dreamcast :headbang:
404NotFound
DCEmu Ex-Mod
DCEmu Ex-Mod

Post by 404NotFound »

Coding is a hard process... I'm learning this first hand while learning the Windows API, OpenGL, and KOS.

I look at these emulators.. and it's like "wow" even snes9x is amazing.

The very thought of porting all of that code makes me shivver... brrr..

And ASM? Man.. I think i'd go crazy making that stuff... PocketNES made me nausiated while scanning through it.
crt0
DC Developer
DC Developer

Post by crt0 »

Heh... good assembly programmers deserve the most respect of all... assembly language is insane (well, for some ISAs it is, I'm really only comfortable with MIPS, which is easy :)), and anyone who can code it well, more power to them, lunatics -_-
NiGHTSFTP
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by NiGHTSFTP »

i just started DC proggraming 3 hours ago and i must say its nothing like windows proggraming.
Props to all the DC coders.

(btw my first project is going to be an attemp to make a pokemon clone)
Signatures images may be no greater than cock pixels high by dick pixels wide in dimension and balls kilobytes in filesize. Multiple images may be wang, but in total they may not exceed the johnson specifications.
JoeyStyles66
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by JoeyStyles66 »

I'm really only comfortable with MIPS, which is easy

i'm learning MIPS right now, and it's so confusing to me! :o
Warmachine
DCEmu Veteran
DCEmu Veteran

Post by Warmachine »

NiGHTSFTP wrote:i just started DC proggraming 3 hours ago and i must say its nothing like windows proggraming.
Props to all the DC coders.

(btw my first project is going to be an attemp to make a pokemon clone)
that should be cool. How do you plan on doing it?? You know it will be very very hard.
:headbang: Dreamcast :headbang: