Sega Sued

Talk about anything and everything not related to this site or the Dreamcast, such as news stories, political discussion, or anything else. If there's not a forum for it, it belongs in here. Also, be warned that personal insults, threats, and spamming will not be tolerated.
Katana_
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Sega Sued

Post by Katana_ »

Segaweb.com wrote: Sega has been sued by a parent after a child suffers an epileptic seizure after playing Crazy Taxi.

This afternoon, in a press release, it was announced that Sega Corp is being sued by a mother who said her daughter had an epileptic seizure after playing Crazy Taxi. The case was filed with the state court in New Orleans, and, according to the press release, the mother, who's name is Claire Richoux, stated that her daughter, who apparently never exhibited symptoms of epilepsy, had a seizure while playing the aformentioned game in November 2000.

"Sega sold products which were defective and unreasonably dangerous," said Richoux's lawyers. Since that time the case was moved to the federal court in New Orleans.

This isn't the first case of this sort against the gaming industry though. Two families sued Nintendo last year after their children had seizuers while playing Mario Kart. Another case popped up in Japan, also against Nintendo, on this issue. The case in Japan was won due to the fact that the court ruled that Nintendo failed to produce copies of consumer complains on game spwaned epileptic seizures

Crazy Taxi is on Nintendo GameCube, Sega Dreamcast, PlayStation 2, and Xbox.
This is pretty damn stupid since in the front of every Dreamcast games manual lies the Warning a very small percentage etc etc etc

Sega should win since they had the warnings in the manual.
Last edited by Katana_ on Fri Jan 18, 2002 5:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
|darc|
DCEmu Webmaster
DCEmu Webmaster

Post by |darc| »

I'm going to go right over there and smack them ( I live in New Orleans ). It's in the manual! It tells you you can get seizures! Dumbasses.
It's thinking...
AmadeusZull
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by AmadeusZull »

when i play dead or alive 2 - 4 some reasons my lower body raises -

sega needed a warning notice on that game!!!!!!!!!!

I am no longer an ACE@ite. Never will I kiss his feet is what I don't. And that I don't, is good I do.
JustinVisible
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by JustinVisible »

:roll: Remember when the pokemon show caused kids in japan epelepsy or something similar

here it goes Sega is gonna make a mint off of the Crazy Taxi games
there gonna fly off the shelf after this :roll:
BurgerKing-Where Ca$h is King
U.S.MALE
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by U.S.MALE »

I'm wondering if I can sue the bitch with the lawsuit, hell, whenever I hear this kinda tihs<<, I have seizures!
"Ya shouldn't a done that, he's just a boy. Poor little feller."

"Charlie don't surf!!!"
dreamcaster1
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by dreamcaster1 »

im going to sue 007cheater i had a seizure while visiting this site and he does not have a warning posted
U.S.MALE
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by U.S.MALE »

U.S.MALE wrote: I'm wondering if I can sue the bitch with the lawsuit, hell, whenever I hear this kinda tihs<<, I have seizures!
Damn, I didn't say silly goose LOL freekin' LOL, I said stupid beeeotch.

"Charlie don't surf!!!"
U.S.MALE
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by U.S.MALE »

from now on, I'm writin' all my "BAD WORDS" backwards.
esoog yllis yeah!!!

"Charlie don't surf!!!"
LukeD
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by LukeD »

LOL I downloaded the seizure part of that Poke` episode just to see if I would get one. I watched the flashing lights and stuff but no seizure. :(
It's all About the Pentiums!!!
linkboy321
DCEmu Cool Newbie
DCEmu Cool Newbie

Seizure Warinings

Post by linkboy321 »

Sega should pull some of their Genesis manuels. They were putting seizure warnings in them.
DeGamer1
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by DeGamer1 »

LukeD wrote: LOL I downloaded the seizure part of that Poke` episode just to see if I would get one. I watched the flashing lights and stuff but no seizure. :(
Dude you could have ended up in the hospital!! Even my friends know and they still want to see it. :Sigh: :roll:
Oh, no. NO! You can't do this to me. Don't give me a playstation. NOOOOOOOOOO! I don't want a piece of crap. Take it back and burn it to heeelll!!! Die Sony Computer Entertainment with you PS (Piece of Sh?t) and your PS 2 (Piece of Sh?t?2)
Katana_

Seizure Warinings

Post by Katana_ »

linkboy321 wrote: Sega should pull some of their Genesis manuels. They were putting seizure warnings in them.
Actually all Dreamcast games have that warning, i'm sure all PS2 have that warning to considering it makes the customer at fault when they don't read warnings. Sega legaly should not be held liable for this at all. Their lawyer is an idiot for taking the case. In other words, its like buying a drink that says refridgerate after opening and then leaving it out 3 days and drinking it and getting sick, then trying to sue, sega should not be held responsible.
fatheadpi
First Class Dick
First Class Dick

Post by fatheadpi »

Definitely. of course this is america. Stupidity always triumphs here.
Need a Treamcast, Dreamcast modchip, HUGE DC memory card, ASCII-like DC fighter pad, or Saturn Gameshark with tons of backup memory? PM me.
Jelly_Warrior
DCEmu Veteran
DCEmu Veteran

Post by Jelly_Warrior »

I hate how people do this. In my local area we had a big problem when one small theme park, 1 skating rink, 1 ice skating rink, and bowling alley all were gonna be shut down because insurance costs so much.

Who do we blame? I dont think that its the insurance companies fault because the reason that they raise their prices is to cope with all these stupid compensation claims like when people fall over and scrape their knee. Its mainly the lawyers and the people who sue these compaines. While these people profit other people get screwed because of it.

Luckily it ended up that only the skating rink is gonna close, the other companies are ok.
LukeD
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by LukeD »

Well I wouldn't have downloaded it and watched it if I had ever got a seisure before. At least now I can brag "Yeah I watched it but I didn't get a seisure!" 8) I guess I must have a strong mind to be able to take it without getting a seisure. J/K :lol: I guess I just did it cause I felt like doing something stupid. :roll:
It's all About the Pentiums!!!
JuniorCrb
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by JuniorCrb »

the law suit is preety silly considering sega put warnings in the game munuals, boxes, and in the dc instuctions
Enki-14
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter

Post by Enki-14 »

you know, this really is sad...first some lady sues mcdonalds casue the coffee's too hot, now this. why are people doing this? there's no way the lady is going to win. I mean, lets face it guys. There are games that can cause seziures but crazy taxi isn't one of them. *laughs, like skies of arcadia* it rocks but still all the goddam lighting effects!
My .02 is this. nureological disorders like seziures, can begin at any time from childhood into early adulthood. You don't have to be born with them you can just start having them. Just like type 2 diabetes. And if anyone from sega sees this then you can use that in your defense, just spell everything right though....lol :lol: