I need help with my burner

This forum is for discussion pertaining to homebrew and indie software for the Dreamcast, such as homebrew games, emulators/interpreters, and other homebrew software/applications. Porting requests and developmental ideas are not to be made here; you can make those here. If you need any help burning discs for homebrew software, this is the place to ask as well.
TreyDay
DCEmu Mega Poster
DCEmu Mega Poster
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

I need help with my burner

Post by TreyDay »

I have an external burner. It started out that I had a calibration error everytime I try to burn something. But now My Computer says that it's a CD-rom drive and not a burner. Do I need to reinstall the drivers or what? If I do where do I get them and which ones I need?
You don't work, you don't eat.
You don't grind, you shine.
-Mike Jones

281-330-8004, when someone picks up, ask for Mike Jones!

"It's [TreyDay] baby, I'm stackin my cheddar/plus I'm packin mo' heat than a Bill Cosby sweater"
ColGraff
DCEmu Fast Newbie
DCEmu Fast Newbie

Here's what I'd do:

Post by ColGraff »

First, uninstall and reinstall the drivers. If that doesn't work, try using the drive on a different pc, to see if it's a problem with the drive or not. If it's a problem with the drive, read the manual and check the website. If neither of these provide you with a brilliant insight into world peace or the problem with your burner, return the damn thing.
Marijuana is a gateway drug to more destructive vices, like dreamcast :-)
NoKY
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by NoKY »

Well if your looking for anykinda driver you should go to...
http://www.drivershq.com/main_home.html you know for all your driver needs :p
I am confused... what is that light?...
-:NoKY steps into the light:-
----