Most Underrated DC or Saturn games!

Discussion of topics related to licensed games, software hacking/modification, prototypes, and development kits belongs here. Includes topics related to emulating the Dreamcast console on your computer or on another gaming console. Discussion of Reicast should go in the Official Reicast Forum.
Master Higgins
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Most Underrated DC or Saturn games!

Post by Master Higgins »

Well there were a lot of great games for DC and Saturn that got overlooked. List those u think.

DC-
The most Underrated- Fatal Fury:Mark Of The Wolves...this game is a spiritual experience. BUY IT!
The Runner Up- The Sword Of The Berzerk- Give Ax Battler a new hairdo and out fit, equip him w/n clouds sword throw him in the Devil May Cry universe, w/ the golden axe style gamplay, hours of cg movies, involving plot and buckets of blood. This is one of the best DC games ever.

Saturn-
Most Underrated- Metal Slug- Most people love this game so in that way it is not underrated but it is underrated cuz most people do not know it is on the system! Very cool game 100% better than psx version.
Runner Up- Legend Of Oasis- Another great game, over looked because of its 2d nature, this imo is more fun to play than Zelda OOC it is like classic zelda w/ awesome animation and a big secret mode that...ALLOWS U TOO PLAY 2 PLAYER!
Last edited by Master Higgins on Sun Apr 13, 2003 11:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
melancholy
DCEmu's Ace Attorney
DCEmu's Ace Attorney

Re: Most Underrated DC or Saturn games!

Post by melancholy »

Sickliquid86 wrote:Runner Up- Another great game, over looked because of its 2d nature, this imo is more fun to play than Zelda OOC it is like classic zelda w/ awesome animation and a big secret mode that...ALLOWS U TOO PLAY 2 PLAYER!
So...uh...what game is it?
Master Higgins
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life

Post by Master Higgins »

lol sorry it was The Legend Of Oasis
melancholy
DCEmu's Ace Attorney
DCEmu's Ace Attorney

Post by melancholy »

Wasn't that for Genesis?
Lartrak
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by Lartrak »

Beyond Oasis was for Genesis

My vote for most underrated DC game is Maken X. Great sword fighting action and an interesting, very involved storyline. Great graphics that run at 60 FPS don't hurt. Strangely, it feels vaguely like metroid prime.
Prophet][
DCEmu Mega Fan
DCEmu Mega Fan

Post by Prophet][ »

i'm not sure if it was underrated in the US or JAP, but here Dark Savour on Saturn I think was definitly inderrated
bloodite
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by bloodite »

Dark Savior was excellent. You can tell a game is good when it makes a believer out of you (I HATED RPGs till I found this game and the Zelda series. i still hate FF series though.) All that damn turn based stuff, ugh. I still have vsions of Dark Savior's silver palace/temple.
Try Transfusion, the most ambitious TC for Quake! http://www.planetblood.com/qblood
Veggita2099
Janitor 2nd Class
Janitor 2nd Class

Post by Veggita2099 »

bloodite wrote:Dark Savior was excellent. You can tell a game is good when it makes a believer out of you (I HATED RPGs till I found this game and the Zelda series. i still hate FF series though.) All that damn turn based stuff, ugh. I still have vsions of Dark Savior's silver palace/temple.
I don't remember nothing about that game other then I really liked it. I think I had it back when I first had a saturn (97ish)
Prophet][
DCEmu Mega Fan
DCEmu Mega Fan

Post by Prophet][ »

I think it was one of the few RPG;s that had multiple endings
bloodite
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by bloodite »

Prophet][ wrote:I think it was one of the few RPG;s that had multiple endings
Indeed. It had 5 of em :o I loved the last one, it was a one on one fight in a cage between Bilan and a few others.
Try Transfusion, the most ambitious TC for Quake! http://www.planetblood.com/qblood
mariobro
DCEmu Cool Poster
DCEmu Cool Poster

Post by mariobro »

One more underrated game is MDK2. The sequel to the PC hit, that actually few people cared about. It is one of the best action games ever released for the DC. It has beautiful graphics, and lots of variety, since you play with three different characters. It is incredibly tough, maybe that's why few people liked it. But the gameplay is great. It reminds you of great old school games like Metroid and Castlevania.
"Until I finally made it, life was kinda hit or miss...
And I'd love to talk philosophy, but I gotta take a piss"
-David Lee Roth
Prophet][
DCEmu Mega Fan
DCEmu Mega Fan

Post by Prophet][ »

Nothing gets me going in the holidays like a hard game that I can't finish
catfishman
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by catfishman »

For the Saturn: Wing Arms - weak in many areas, but hey, try to find another World War era flight sim/ combat game for the Saturn

For the Dreamcast: Star Wars Episode One Racer - I know that aside from better graphics, it's exactly like the Nintendo 64 version, but I like it anyway :-P

:-)
I remember seeing the Atari 2600 (VCS / Sear's Telegames) when it was new and thinking "Oh my God! Look how realistic that stick-man looks... and everything is in colour! There's no way we can ever surpass this..."
Man, am I ever getting old!
Sir Slash

Post by Sir Slash »

Saturn Astal

Dreamcast:
Daytona usa
sword of the besrker
WELCO
ME
TOT
HE
NEX
T
LEVEL

Krut
DC Respected Artist
DC Respected Artist

Post by Krut »

Dreamcast games that i can remember : Super Magnetic Neo , Bangaioh , Shenmue 2 , Jet Grind Radio.

i leave aside Jap titles since there are SO MANY good unknown JAP Dreamcast games.

Most Saturn games where underated , so i wont even bother there.
Capcom vs. Snk ? meh!
Veggita2099
Janitor 2nd Class
Janitor 2nd Class

Post by Veggita2099 »

Nights into Dreams was the best Saturn game ever! Quite possibly one of the best games ever. For being such a short game I bet I put in over 100 hours on that game.
Wii number: 1227 6854 1080 3665
Freeze
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by Freeze »

The most underrated Dreamcast game in History was Toy Commander in my opinion. Darn, I had such great time with this game... additionally it was the first real European project for the Dreamcast. :)
melancholy
DCEmu's Ace Attorney
DCEmu's Ace Attorney

Post by melancholy »

Freeze wrote:The most underrated Dreamcast game in History was Toy Commander in my opinion. Darn, I had such great time with this game... additionally it was the first real European project for the Dreamcast. :)
That's true. That was a great game, although I always found it odd that the very first stage in the game was incredibly difficult. The rest for a few rooms were not near as hard, although the stages in those last few rooms had high difficulties. Still, it took me forever to beat that very first stage.
KrazieTai
DCEmu Junior
DCEmu Junior

Re: Most Underrated DC or Saturn games!

Post by KrazieTai »

Sickliquid86 wrote:Well there were a lot of great games for DC and Saturn that got overlooked. List those u think.

DC-
The most Underrated- Fatal Fury:Mark Of The Wolves...this game is a spiritual experience. BUY IT!
The Runner Up- The Sword Of The Berzerk- Give Ax Battler a new hairdo and out fit, equip him w/n clouds sword throw him in the Devil May Cry universe, w/ the golden axe style gamplay, hours of cg movies, involving plot and buckets of blood. This is one of the best DC games ever.

Saturn-
Most Underrated- Metal Slug- Most people love this game so in that way it is not underrated but it is underrated cuz most people do not know it is on the system! Very cool game 100% better than psx version.
Runner Up- Legend Of Oasis- Another great game, over looked because of its 2d nature, this imo is more fun to play than Zelda OOC it is like classic zelda w/ awesome animation and a big secret mode that...ALLOWS U TOO PLAY 2 PLAYER!
Metal Slug isnt a underated game on saturn because it's a pos compared to its orginal system the NeoGeo.
Delin hong
DCEmu Junior
DCEmu Junior

Post by Delin hong »

DC: Giant gram 2000