How do you burn stystem 16 beta 2 rar files?

This forum is for discussion pertaining to homebrew and indie software for the Dreamcast, such as homebrew games, emulators/interpreters, and other homebrew software/applications. Porting requests and developmental ideas are not to be made here; you can make those here. If you need any help burning discs for homebrew software, this is the place to ask as well.
Darkwing
DCEmu Junior
DCEmu Junior
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

How do you burn stystem 16 beta 2 rar files?

Post by Darkwing »

I found the rar files for system 16 beta 2 on my computer, and finally the correct rom sets for it (i think). Would someone please tell me the step by step, correct way to burn these rar files? Any help is greatly appreciated :)
OneThirty8
Damn Dirty Ape
Damn Dirty Ape

Post by OneThirty8 »

Extract the rar file. There should be a ROMS folder inside the system16 folder. I forget what the folders are named. Leave the roms zipped and put them in the ROMS folder, whatever it's called. I forget if there was an ip.bin included in the release, but if it's not there, copy one from any homebrew game or emulator into the system16 folder alongside the 1st_read.bin and then selfboot it with your favorite selfboot app. I used burnerO's selfboot.exe for that, which is available at http://www.dcemulation.org/neededtools.htm
vicviper74
Modder Of Rage
Modder Of Rage

Post by vicviper74 »

beta 2 is out?
whats that site again?
Since people seem to message me for nuthin!!! I removed my messenger link ha ha ha ha
|Yoda|
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by |Yoda| »

no its still only at beta 1 and it was released to Beta-Testers only