Are there any PS2 emulators??!

General purpose discussion about gaming and emulation.
segasweet
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Are there any PS2 emulators??!

Post by segasweet »

Yeah, I know this is a DC website but my friend has been bugging me to find out if there is any type of emulation going on for the PS2, such as the DC emulation scene. Does anyone know of any existing or in development emulators that work ON the PS2? I'd really like to get an answer to give this guy. He's getting on my nerves. So, I'd really appreciate it if someone could clue me in or possibly give me links to a site or something. TIA :)
:dc: Sega is sweet! :dc:

:mg2: Sony sucks! :mg:
DLolos
DCEmu Fast Newbie
DCEmu Fast Newbie

Post by DLolos »

If there was a PS2 emulator you would probably not have a system fast enough to run it. Since also the PS2 has so many CPU's in the system it would take a while before anyone has emulated every one of them. Your better off waiting for a X-Box emulator to come out since you know its just a PC. I would imagine the hardest part would be to hack the X-Box bios. If I was to make a X-Box emulator I would just make a simulator not a emulator. Well both in a way since you need to emulate the sound chip and possibly the video chip if its not to different from the Geforce 3. I give X-Box a little over a year to be emulated and Gamecube 3 years. Game cube needs people to extract the data from the gamecube CD to the PC. I would image it would be done the same way DC games get extracted by hooking up a cable from the GC to the PC and have a program extract the game. Of course you could not play the game but at least you have the game off the CD. Considering GC discs are 1.5 gigs large at best then they won't take as much as PS2 or X-Box games. PS2 won't see a emulator until who knows when. If it was hard to program PS2 just imagine emulating it.
SonicBlaze
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

LOL

Post by SonicBlaze »

LOL, ur not understanding what he's saying. What he means is emu's ON ps2. Yes there is. I know there is a PS2 emu, and probably some more. There is a PS2 emulation scene, but it's kinda crappy for the people playing the emus because u need a mod chip to play the emus. And BTW, for those peopel complaining about crappy emus, people make these emus becasue they want too, then they just release it to the public because they have it, and why shouldn't they? And no one forces you to d/l and burn 'em. It's all baout people making emus and programming, I have nohting to do with the scene, and neither do a lot of people who popst here (some do). But we have no right to flame, maybe state some problems and such, but not flame.
SEGA, anything else is a toy!
IUG-13

Post by IUG-13 »

Well, I think he means, is there any emus ON the PS2. In which case, yes there is. The only place that I know of that does have PS2 emulation is here:

http://www.consolevision.com/

We have our own PS2 emu section.
Veggita2099
Janitor 2nd Class
Janitor 2nd Class

Post by Veggita2099 »

Biggest problem with Emulation on ps2 is the fact it is so hard to get a ps2 to play a cd-r. I know I got a modcube and after seeing what you have to do to take a ps2 apart there is no way in hell I am going to try that with a 300 dollar system. I can't even find a shop around here that will install it for me cause none of them want to be reliable for any damage.

Plus unlucky me got a ps2 with a R at the end of the serial number. This model requires you remove a solder point THEN install that wire.

Is there any possible way at some point there might be a fully external modcube (something like the game enchancer for the ps1)
DuffMan
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by DuffMan »

There is a PS2 Emu coming out but on Macintosh Platform :D . It is called the Grinch Project it should come out sometime this year I read on the net. Search Yahoo.com for the Grinch Project. Not much Specs on it though.
OOH! YA! Duffman Says a lot of things.
JustinVisible
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by JustinVisible »

Hey mods, Shouldn't this be moved to the General emulation section

:?
BurgerKing-Where Ca$h is King
Dr Zoidberg
The Filth
The Filth

Post by Dr Zoidberg »

JustinVisible wrote: Hey mods, Shouldn't this be moved to the General emulation section

:?
Yes. :)

TOPIC MOVED TO THE GENERAL EMU FORUM
Holly Hasney
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by Holly Hasney »

If you have the uber-expensive Linux add-on, you can run SMSPlus and YAME on the PS2 which are both quality emulators :)

If not, there is a SNES emulator coming out (In private beta so far) that will play on non-linux PS2s :)
DLolos
DCEmu Fast Newbie
DCEmu Fast Newbie

Post by DLolos »

:eek: Opps. I should read more carefully. I never did listen when my teacher told me that I should read the questions more carefully. :oops:
DLolos
DCEmu Fast Newbie
DCEmu Fast Newbie

Post by DLolos »

I thought I heard about a mod chip for the PS2 that plugs into the usb port. Then what you need to do is put a real PS2 game and then when the title screen comes up you quickly swap out that CD and put what ever your trying to play.
Holly Hasney
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by Holly Hasney »

Yes D'Lo, but you better recognise that that method STILL needs soldering!
Joestar
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by Joestar »

http://www.ps2-emulation.com/

although not much on it, it seems to be one of the sites that will become popular in the future. Keep an eye out for this one!Image

------------------------------
http://snes-station.emuunlim.com/

sheesh, god knows if this is fake or real. If it is real...well there hasn't been an update for a very long time. DEAD?Image

------------------------------
Question: would emus for the psx work on the ps2? :?:
Holly Hasney
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by Holly Hasney »

SNESStation is not dead, private betas went out last month :)
Joestar
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by Joestar »

oh.... so was THAT the snes emulator you were talking about?
segasweet
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

sweet

Post by segasweet »

All right! Thanks a lot for all the info. It's just what I was looking for. :D
:dc: Sega is sweet! :dc:

:mg2: Sony sucks! :mg:
JustinVisible
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by JustinVisible »

Hey Hasney did you get to try the private beta? if so how is the compatability and speed coming along???
BurgerKing-Where Ca$h is King
Joestar
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by Joestar »

apparently it runs better than dreamsnes!!! :D
Katana_

Post by Katana_ »

DLolos wrote: If there was a PS2 emulator you would probably not have a system fast enough to run it. Since also the PS2 has so many CPU's in the system it would take a while before anyone has emulated every one of them. Your better off waiting for a X-Box emulator to come out since you know its just a PC.
the xbox is not really a "PC" in the form we have all come to love. Its simply a video game system with a bit of memory. Since the XBOX hasn't even been hacked yet, you'd have a better chance of seeing a awesome snes emu on ps2 or a full speed DC one before xbox.