<Insert thread name here>

Talk about anything and everything not related to this site or the Dreamcast, such as news stories, political discussion, or anything else. If there's not a forum for it, it belongs in here. Also, be warned that personal insults, threats, and spamming will not be tolerated.
Master Higgins
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by Master Higgins »

But the truth is France doesn't give a rats ass about anybody but their Hairy assed selves
Actually France is the most fervent peacekeeper and humanitarian aid in North Africa. They are constantly keeping the peace in Djibouti and other hot beds. Y dont u hit the books and actually learn something instead of spouting lies and assumptions, maybe if u spent a little less time calling people"Frenchy" and a little more time learning WTF France and other nations actually do u sound like such a dumba$$. Also the US only serves its own agenda as well u think we HELP countries? No we dont look at Argentina they need help bad but we didnt and wont give them a dime, but any country that has oil or anything like that gets an 110 billion dollar war budget for their destruction :roll:
Vietnam: France pulled out, America took over... didn't back down. Yes, it was pointless in the end, but we held quite well.
HAHAHA O man know absoutely NOTHING about Vietnam...HAHAHAHA
Last edited by Master Higgins on Thu Apr 03, 2003 8:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mmboy
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by mmboy »

When I say that, it doesn't necesarlity refer to the war now, which I myself think is pointless and stupid, what Im talking about are wars in the past, like WWII, They have always been indeciecive in thier decisions untill their ass was on the line.
sig down :( gehy boomspeed... any1 wanna host it? where could i host it?
Ender
DCEmu Super Poster
DCEmu Super Poster

Post by Ender »

When I say that, it doesn't necesarlity refer to the war now, which I myself think is pointless and stupid, what Im talking about are wars in the past, like WWII, They have always been indeciecive in thier decisions untill their ass was on the line.
Said the guy from the US who didn't get involved in WWII, the largest threat the free world has ever faced, until the early 40s
Last edited by Ender on Thu Apr 03, 2003 8:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Master Higgins
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life

Post by Master Higgins »

And like WW1 where they and the british single handedly fought off the germans out of france and belgium? Then america sent a few hundred thousand troops at the las 5 months of the war when the Germans were surely showing signs of weakness just so iit could reap economic gains? Or in the Boxer Rebellion when the French served on the international contingency force and liberated the many american, british, austrian, japanese and german civilians alongside the other troops? Or how they refused American help in the coldwar and stood rigt next door to the communist threat and single handedly fought the KGB with their CDSCE to a standstill or how a bout Dhien Bien Phu where the French soldiers fought to the last man even when they could have retreated or surrendered but out of pride they would not be used as bargaining rights for the Vietcong (which the Americans created during WW2) and then their brethren volunteered to parachute and go down to the fort fully knowing that they had no chance of survival but simply wanted to die like men for a cause they didnt believe in? Is this the pussy, have to get their asses bailed out of every war france u r talking about? The France that sent peace keeping mission to Lebanon? Is currently breaking up the civil war in the Ivory Coast and cleaning up the Greek's oil spill? Oh that France well in that case :roll: now are those the things in the past ur talking about?
Ender
DCEmu Super Poster
DCEmu Super Poster

Post by Ender »

Jeeba Jabba wrote:
Ender wrote:
Yes, the ones if hadn't come, all of France would speak German by now
I'm really tired of hearing this. First of all, the US were not the only allied country in WWII. Both Canada and England did as much as the Americans for France. Secondly, The french helped the US out during the revolutionary war, so stop saying that they owe you somehow.

I still say that any country in France's geographical position would have been taken in WWII, (yes, even if the US held that territory) So shut up and start widening your views a little.

Stupid wars
Where did I say they owe me something? I say they owe THOSE SOLDIERS (the ones they're digging up) EVERYTHING.

And not for one moment have I forgotten all the brave Canadian, British, and French Underground that fought. But if you're saying Operation Overlord could have been successful WITHOUT THE US... Ha.
Point taken. However, I think, and I could be wrong, that the problem that the French have with the Americans, and vice-versa, is that the Americans seem to have this idea of "debt" that the French have to them. I'm not saying you specifically, it just seems to be in the air all around us. And you're right. The war couldn't have been won without the americans...or the canadians...or the brits...but whenever you hear anybody talk about it, it seems like it was just the US that did anything, and that bugs me.

Not that that excuses the digging up of graves, cuz that's just cold.
mmboy wrote:Im not spouting propoganda, Frenchie
Yes you are. And, I might add, that is racist. I am of french descent. Should I call you whitey? or yankee? or possibly just PAdumbass? no. Cuz that just wouldn't be right.

:D
mmboy
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by mmboy »

Ender wrote:
Jeeba Jabba wrote:
Ender wrote:
Yes, the ones if hadn't come, all of France would speak German by now
I'm really tired of hearing this. First of all, the US were not the only allied country in WWII. Both Canada and England did as much as the Americans for France. Secondly, The french helped the US out during the revolutionary war, so stop saying that they owe you somehow.

I still say that any country in France's geographical position would have been taken in WWII, (yes, even if the US held that territory) So shut up and start widening your views a little.

Stupid wars
Where did I say they owe me something? I say they owe THOSE SOLDIERS (the ones they're digging up) EVERYTHING.

And not for one moment have I forgotten all the brave Canadian, British, and French Underground that fought. But if you're saying Operation Overlord could have been successful WITHOUT THE US... Ha.
Point taken. However, I think, and I could be wrong, that the problem that the French have with the Americans, and vice-versa, is that the Americans seem to have this idea of "debt" that the French have to them. I'm not saying you specifically, it just seems to be in the air all around us. And you're right. The war couldn't have been won without the americans...or the canadians...or the brits...but whenever you hear anybody talk about it, it seems like it was just the US that did anything, and that bugs me.

Not that that excuses the digging up of graves, cuz that's just cold.
mmboy wrote:Im not spouting propoganda, Frenchie
Yes you are. And, I might add, that is racist. I am of french descent. Should I call you whitey? or yankee? or possibly just PAdumbass? no. Cuz that just wouldn't be right.

:D
I'm not racist, I hate everyone equally. Anyway, arent you white? I'd almost care if someone called me names anyway... And who cares, I mean whats done is done, I dont see why everyone feels that they need to defend their country on some petty beliefs that it has about how good it is and how important it is. Whats done is done, stop the flames now, cuz im not even gonna open my mouth, I have my own opinions, u have ures, leave it at that.
Ender
DCEmu Super Poster
DCEmu Super Poster

Post by Ender »

You're right. But calling somebody Frenchie is crossing from "I have my own opinions, u have ures, leave it at that," to "STFU, you're wrong, I'm right, and the US is justified in everything they do"
Jeeba Jabba
Jeeba Jabba

Post by Jeeba Jabba »

And this has what to do with the war in Iraq?

Moved back to OT. :roll:
"He who cannot draw on 3,000 years is living hand-to-mouth." -Goethe
az_bont
Administrator
Administrator

Post by az_bont »

Jeeba Jabba wrote:And this has what to do with the war in Iraq?
The fact that France isn't going along with America on the Iraq War, and because they are (rightly so) protesting, there's been a lot of bitterness towards the French from America. In return, a few select Frenchmen are really laying into America and it's people.
Sick of sub-par Dreamcast web browsers that fail to impress? Visit Psilocybin Dreams!
toastman
Iron Fist of Justice
Iron Fist of Justice

Post by toastman »

Eh, I'm not surprised by the French reaction, especially with all the anti-France sentiment in the U.S. right now (and being supported by the government no less -_-). I'm sort of impressed by it actually. These people are making a stand. They have give the U.S. the finger big time. You don't do something like that without having a very large set of brass balls.
No signature.
Hawq
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Re: <Insert thread name here>

Post by Hawq »

Jeeba Jabba wrote:I really turned away and looked down upon all the Anti-France feelings going around.. Until I just heard about the French digging up American WW2 soldier graves (Yes, the ones if hadn't come, all of France would speak German by now) and writing notes on the corpses such as "Pick up your rubbish, it's contaminating our soil."

I don't know what to say. I'm quite speechless. Although I can say I'm extremely angry, which cannot be put into words at the moment.
Thought they'd just grafitied that on some cenotaphs, they moved to shovel action now?. Now I'm no fan of the widespread American attitude of 'we were the only ones in the war' which sadly rules in hollywood, we had the Nazi top brass talking surrender before pearl harbour, but I also recognise that the US sold us some important supplies before finally getting involved in fighting so they get some credit. This craps being done at our war cemetarys as well, which in a way is even worse considering how long we fought the Nazi's without the Americans, still not good to do at the US ones though. Oh & if anyone thinks thats anti US read it again taking note io the credit given for supplies & eventually extra bodies for fighting (if anything it's more anti hollywood attitude). Of course the illegal selling of stuff to the enemy now has nothing to do with anti US & British stuff does it? :roll:
The Prisoner - Makes NGE's ending look almost intelligible.
theres no-one else to blame

Bored? figure out where the above lines from. Answers
Nyarlathotep
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Nyarlathotep »

mmboy wrote:Im not spouting propoganda...(snip) But the truth is France doesn't give a rats ass about anybody but their Hairy assed selves.
Propaganda and Rhetoric for beginners 101:

"im not a racist but <racist comment>"

"I dont really want to complain but <complaint>"

"I dont want to offend but <offensive comment>"

Anyone who starts a sentence with "I dont want to <whatevr> but" is doing exactly that. They are aware that they are doing it as well, so say that first to try and cover it up.

Also for the record Med?cin sans fronti?res is one of the best respected international aid agencies on the planet, and is based in France.

Theres also a large green french statue in New York harbour that signifies an ideal many of the USs citizens apparently don't share :roll:
az_bont
Administrator
Administrator

Post by az_bont »

mmboy wrote:I'm not racist, I hate everyone equally. Anyway, arent you white?
What difference does that make? Are you trying to say that white poeple can't be subject to racist abuse? That we somehow can't take offense?
Sick of sub-par Dreamcast web browsers that fail to impress? Visit Psilocybin Dreams!
perry
Tha DCEmu Pimp Daddy
Tha DCEmu Pimp Daddy

Post by perry »

/ME POINTS THIS THREAD TO THE WAR FORUM.
In the words of Q-Tip : Looking for vibes or positivity, not negativity / 'Cause we gotta strive for longevity by online gaming
atf487
DCEmu's Ranter
DCEmu's Ranter

Post by atf487 »

Fuck.

Obviously, the French shouldn't be digging up the graves, but mmboy, your comments are laughable. How old are you? 15? Even *I* don't think the French are necessarily wrong. They seem to be peace first, or they hate us, which is understandable, we went into the war without caring what the UN said. France wanted to argue with us, and I'm all for it, as a US citizen. They stood up for what they believed in, and I'm glad. When you make assumptions like that, it makes jesus cry.
Tetris: 556-381-350-981
MKDS: 163-282-974-709
mmboy
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by mmboy »

az_bont wrote:
mmboy wrote:I'm not racist, I hate everyone equally. Anyway, arent you white?
What difference does that make? Are you trying to say that white poeple can't be subject to racist abuse? That we somehow can't take offense?
lol, he said something like wold you be offended if I called you whitey, thats why I said that lol.
mmboy
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by mmboy »

Ender wrote:You're right. But calling somebody Frenchie is crossing from "I have my own opinions, u have ures, leave it at that," to "STFU, you're wrong, I'm right, and the US is justified in everything they do"
LOL, sometimes I get carried away, but its not to be ment harmfully, as I said be4, I don't agree w/ this operation Iraqi freedom, just to prove my point, here is a paper I wrote for skool:

Operation ?Iraqi Freedom??

This attack on the country of Iraqi is completely pointless and unnecessary. This war was started because of many senseless motives. One of these reasons was for money. Bush is in this war to get some cash. He will get this money from the oil we will get. This money will basically compensate us for the cost of the war, among other things. Another reason this war was waged was because Bush wants to get Saddam bad, because his father didn?t. Also, Bush is trying to do a deed that will make him a hero, so that people have some reason to vote for him next election. The final reasons are supposedly that Saddam has weapons of ?mass destruction? and that the US wants to change the Iraqi regime.
To me, none of these reasons are good enough for us, the United States of America to attack Iraq. First off, though, we have virtually no support from many of our biggest allies. This is reason enough not to go to war, half of the world is against our ?cause?, including the UN. And since countries are not supporting us in this war, which they are by no means obligated to, we have acted foolishly. For example, we have renamed French Fries, Freedom Fries. That?s a great way to keep allies, isn?t it??
Also, two of the main reasons for this war, Bush?s personal vendetta and his quest for reelection, are sad excuses for going to war. Bush wants revenge, because his father didn?t get him during his presidential term. Yea well, b-o-o h-o-o, this is a disgraceful reason to even considering waging war with Iraq. Also, Bush couldn?t get the ever-elusive Osama, who is most likely dead or in such poor health he can?t do much. Now he feels he needs a head to mount to help him get reelected. Remember how quickly the accusations of Iraq were given after the search for Osama had died down in the media? This, I believe, is an unworthy cause for putting countless numbers of lives on the line.
One of my biggest problems with this war is that there is no concrete cause for the war itself. First it was the weapons of mass destruction. Well, after about 3 months of inspecting without any uncovering of weapons that were in extreme violation of anything, Bush became a little impatient. So he decided to bring up the topic of regime change out of nowhere. Since when are we the rulers of the world that make sure everything is right and just in the world? Now is about when the war started. After we started fighting, our objective was changed, it was to free the people of Iraq now. I?m sure Bush really cares about the Iraqi people a whole lot. When your gonna lie, you should stick to your lie and be consistent?
Don?t get me wrong, I?m not the anti-war hippie type. I believe there is a time and place for war. The time is not now, and the place is not Iraq. Saddam is no imminent danger to us or any of our allies. There is no proof that he is or will be. It?s not like our last war with Iraq when Saddam was actually attacking other countries. This is different; there is not one major reason for this war.
The most significant reason this war upsets me is because we have to send our troops, our friends and relatives, into danger. And why do we have to send them far away into the desert, where they are constantly infiltrated by cumbersome sandstorms and bombarded by hostile fire? For all of the frivolous reasons already mentioned, the money, the fame and the revenge for Bush. I regard these things as petty when compared to the value of a human life. This is why this war is totally unessential and trivial.
Master Higgins
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life

Post by Master Higgins »

so in summary u r against the war and you blindly hate the french? True?
mmboy
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by mmboy »

what did I say about hating the french? And yes I hate bush, and the reasons are clearly stated
Master Higgins
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life

Post by Master Higgins »

and u love hot sauce? :mrgreen: