Help needed with Metroid Prime..

Talk about anything and everything not related to this site or the Dreamcast, such as news stories, political discussion, or anything else. If there's not a forum for it, it belongs in here. Also, be warned that personal insults, threats, and spamming will not be tolerated.
Luriden
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Help needed with Metroid Prime..

Post by Luriden »

I just got on the elevator that takes me out of the laval crater place (I'm bad with level names) and back to the Tallon Overworld (or whatever it' called, once again I'm bad with names). I have NO CLUE what to do. I still need the spider wall ability for my morph ball, and I need the grapple hook. I went to the snow place and there was nothing there I could do besides save my game. I've been everywhere trying to find what to do, but they either required the spider ball or grapple hook. Am I supposed to go back to the crater and do something there? Or am I supposed to enter another level in the Tallon Overworld? I'm lost.

I do remember seeing a place in the Chozo Ruins (I'm pretty sure it was the Chozo Ruins, it had that giant bug plant thing that used the mirrors) that had too much heat and I needed the Suit, but once I got the suit I just went on rather than going back to that room. Do I have to backtrack back to that room to get something?
Anti-Roofus
DCEmu Fast Newbie
DCEmu Fast Newbie

Post by Anti-Roofus »

its called either (no offense) quit being cheap and buy the strategy guide with full color detail or you can still be cheap and go to http://www.Gamefaqs.com and look at the lame Text based Metroid Prime guide
Luriden
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Luriden »

I don't want a strategy guide to spoil the game for me, I just want to get past what I'm at. I have better things to spend $14.99 on than a book to help me get past what I'm at. I tried GameFAQs and it confused me, I can not find where I am at on the guide. I think I did everything differently than what the FAQs show. I know a lot of people here play Metroid Prime so I asked for a little help. If you don't play the game or don't want to help, then don't even reply with something like that.
Klonoa
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Re: Help needed with Metroid Prime..

Post by Klonoa »

Kenichi wrote:I went to the snow place and there was nothing there I could do besides save my game.
That's where you need to go. Make sure you make your way up and jump on the ice plattforms. After you get there make sure you scan everything. :)
Veggita2099
Janitor 2nd Class
Janitor 2nd Class

Post by Veggita2099 »

Anti-Roofus wrote:its called either (no offense) quit being cheap and buy the strategy guide with full color detail or you can still be cheap and go to http://www.Gamefaqs.com and look at the lame Text based Metroid Prime guide
Sure maybe you like to tie up a extra $15 into a game most people don't. Wish I could help you, I got past that part but don't remember how I did it. All I know is when you get those incoming scan data things go there and you will find something.

Im stuck at a part where I have about 10 rooms to go through all of which are filled with about 3 enemies with sub machine guns that blast the hell out of you. Being this game has crap controls and is a FPS I can't see to defend myself. I end up dieing before its over. God I hate this game so much. Since when did Metroid Games have enemies that required more then a few hits (other then bosses).

If Zelda wasn't such a good game Id have ditched my Cube. But despire its super crap graphics it is a great game.
Luriden
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Luriden »

Hehe I would have rented this game first if it didn't come free with my Cube. I like it, but I have to be in the mood for it. I play it every few days, but when I play it I usually play it for long hours at a time. It's a good game, but I suck at FPS games (just like I did with the past Metroid games).

I went up the platforms and found a door and scanned it. It says that it cannot be opened with my weapons. I tried my morph ball bombs, charge blasts, and missles but the scan was right, I can't open it. I'll explore this place a little more though. I really like how they designed this snow level, it is really beautiful.
Anti-Roofus
DCEmu Fast Newbie
DCEmu Fast Newbie

Post by Anti-Roofus »

vegeta i tought you hated MP
Luriden
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Luriden »

Maybe that is why he said that he hates this game so much. And maybe you should read the posts completely.
Veggita2099
Janitor 2nd Class
Janitor 2nd Class

Post by Veggita2099 »

Im trying to visuize where your at Kenchi. Wait I think I might know. Are you outside in a snowy area and the door has no power? If so scan it with your thermal visor and you will see a symbol in there. Shoot a super missle at it and it breaks away the rock, then you shoot it with the wave beam to open. Is that it? Oh if you don't know to shoot a super missle powerup your regular beam then push the missle button.

I got stuck at that part for awhile also.
Wii number: 1227 6854 1080 3665
Luriden
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Luriden »

Alright, problem solved. I saw that grate on the bottom and tried shooting it with missles but it wouldn't break, but I tried a few more times and it broke, and I activated the door, so problem solved. Now I'm trying to figure out how to cross the platforms across to the other door, but I'll look in a FAQ for that. Thanks everyone.
Anti-Roofus
DCEmu Fast Newbie
DCEmu Fast Newbie

Post by Anti-Roofus »

i remember Veggita saying that all MP is is a failed FPS with crap graphics and is the worst 2nd worst game in the series only behind metroid2 for the GB
Luriden
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Luriden »

This and Super Metroid are the only Metroid games I even care for at all. I suck at both, but I have a good time with them. The NES one I suck at too bad to progress at all.
Veggita2099
Janitor 2nd Class
Janitor 2nd Class

Post by Veggita2099 »

Anti-Roofus wrote:i remember Veggita saying that all MP is is a failed FPS with crap graphics and is the worst 2nd worst game in the series only behind metroid2 for the GB
Actually I said the graphics was amazeing. A person would be a fool to deny that. And Metroid 2 on GB was crap, much like a lot of the GB games. Im sure it would have been better if it had been on a better system.

And I said Metroid prime was a boreing FPS that is way too difficult and has poor controls. It isn't a failure since so many yahoo's actually love the game. Im just not as hardcore as I used to be.....BUT I CAN STILL BEAT MEGAMAN 1..YEA!!!!!
Luriden
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Luriden »

Veggita2099 wrote:BUT I CAN STILL BEAT MEGAMAN 1..YEA!!!!!
::GASP:: *gets on all fours and hails Veggita as his new God*