Atani starts work on DCGen Again! =)

This forum is for discussion pertaining to homebrew and indie software for the Dreamcast, such as homebrew games, emulators/interpreters, and other homebrew software/applications. Porting requests and developmental ideas are not to be made here; you can make those here. If you need any help burning discs for homebrew software, this is the place to ask as well.
BobsShadow
ShadowOfBob
ShadowOfBob
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Atani starts work on DCGen Again! =)

Post by BobsShadow »

Atani has announced on #consolevision in irc.webmaster.com that he has started work on the Sega Genesis Emulator, DCGen again. :D Feel free to post your comments here.

Would one of the admins please post this on the front page.
Damn My Signature Sucks!
Visit Sega Fan's VMU HQ
ATani
DCGen Creator
DCGen Creator

Please file bugs on the sourceforge page...

Post by ATani »

All,
Yes I have started work on DCgen again, please be sure to add new bugs on sourceforge for anything that is not already filed. I do not want to receive tons of emails regarding bugs. Please instead file them into the tracking software...

http://sourceforge.net/projects/atsoft/

Click on 'Bugs'

Atani
hisashi joe
DCEmu Junior
DCEmu Junior

Post by hisashi joe »

I wish you the best of luck Atani and always remember that the same lamers who moan at you will be the ones praising you in the end when you release what is to be the most anticipated emu on the DC.
BEST WISHES!!!!
^__^.
fatheadpi
First Class Dick
First Class Dick

Post by fatheadpi »

Yes yes, we're always glad to see legal genesis emulators. Best of luck, and remember, there are a lot of douchebags out there who will always moan aboot "wah it's not done yet wah my sister won't marry me", but screw them, bunch of lazy donothings.

Good Luck and Godspeed,

Fathead, P.I.
Need a Treamcast, Dreamcast modchip, HUGE DC memory card, ASCII-like DC fighter pad, or Saturn Gameshark with tons of backup memory? PM me.
Dr Zoidberg
The Filth
The Filth

Post by Dr Zoidberg »

News posted, thanks ShadowofBob & a big thank you to ATani for coming back to the DC sk3n3. This is great news! :D
biohazard
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by biohazard »

Yay! This is great stuff for the DCEmu scene folks! We got Wolf3d, DIVX, PSX, and now DCgen is back! This has been the greatest month in DCEmu history!
Who dares, wins.
bdisagree
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by bdisagree »

Yay! This is great stuff for the DCEmu scene folks! We got Wolf3d, DIVX, PSX, and now DCgen is back! This has been the greatest month in DCEmu history!
Don't you go wolfin' about Wolf3d just yet! It has no sound! I wasted a dang CDR on it, and wait, it has no sound??

Brian
Sarcastic Steve
DCEmu Fast Newbie
DCEmu Fast Newbie

Post by Sarcastic Steve »

Things witout sound always suck!!!!

Just think about Britney Spears videos with the sound on!!!! Thats always better!!!!
The BEST damn mailbag ever, from the most respected man in da sk3n3, and HH! http://www.dcvision.com/features/mailbag/123001.shtml
Dr Zoidberg
The Filth
The Filth

Post by Dr Zoidberg »

bdisagree wrote: Don't you go wolfin' about Wolf3d just yet! It has no sound! I wasted a dang CDR on it, and wait, it has no sound??
Give the guy a chance, if you read the news posts on the main page (now with added personality!) about Wolf3D you'll see that crt0 is working on the sound, you can't expect the thing to be working 100% straight away.

Now let's get back on-topic & talk about how cool it is that DCGen is back.
Joestar
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by Joestar »

YYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Rocky Balboa
DCEmu Junior
DCEmu Junior

Post by Rocky Balboa »

yay, u rock atani!! :lol:

ppl plz stop bugging him, we dont want him to leave again
FryGuy
DCEmu Fast Newbie
DCEmu Fast Newbie

britney suxx

Post by FryGuy »

i for sure prefer britney witout sound on... :)

[quote="Sarcastic Steve"]
Things witout sound always suck!!!!

Just think about Britney Spears videos with the sound on!!!! Thats always better!!!!
[/quote]
armada
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by armada »

We're not worthy!!! We're not worthy!! :D
ImageImage
Van_Lardo
DCEmu Hanger On
DCEmu Hanger On

Post by Van_Lardo »

Happy Days! :D

DCGen? Eeeeeeeeeeehhhhhhhhhhh............!!!!!!!!!!! 8) <---- it's the Fonz!

EDIT: Oh! And THANK YOU! :D (gotta be polite)
Image http://www.geocities.com/vanlardo HELP! I CAN'T POST ANY MORE MESSAGES! I KEEP GETTING MESSAGES TELLING ME TO COME BACK LATER!
Dr Wily

Post by Dr Wily »

*VERY* Good news on DCGen being resurrected...

assuming Atani is reading this thread, is there any chance you might be working on that DTMNT port you mentioned a while back as well?

Enquiring Minds Need To Know! ;)
ultradude
DCEmu Crazy Poster
DCEmu Crazy Poster

Post by ultradude »

this is great news!
Genesis is one of my favorite consoles. It was the first i bought about 5 or 6 years ago. although i use Sega Smash Pack, the sound is very bad and doesnt run many games that i wanna play. It also has a country protection!

Good Luck Atani on DCGen!

P.S. do u do beta testing?
perry
Tha DCEmu Pimp Daddy
Tha DCEmu Pimp Daddy

Post by perry »

yea, ATani, u fookin rule.Well done on coming back to the scene.
Thank you
Another thing, anyone who plans on moaning about anything to do with this emu and i will personally hunt u down.

DO NOT DOUBT ME I WILL FIND U!

Thnx again ATani, the scene is doing as well as i have ever seen it :D
In the words of Q-Tip : Looking for vibes or positivity, not negativity / 'Cause we gotta strive for longevity by online gaming
SiliconJesus
DCEmu Cool Newbie
DCEmu Cool Newbie

Whatever

Post by SiliconJesus »

Great!! Now we have to listen to him whine again. Better watch out, someone may hurt his poor whiney momma's boy feelings again and he will throw another tantrum and quit. Putting up with all the crap involved with a person of his personality type just isn't worth it!!!

Did ANY of you read the "punishment" part???!!! Give me a break....go piss off you pu$$y a$$ baby!!
PR#6
dreamcaster1
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by dreamcaster1 »

now if anti will restart his gba emulator then we can have news games for the dc through the life of the gameboy advance
SiliconJesus
DCEmu Cool Newbie
DCEmu Cool Newbie

Reposted here as to reach a broader audience....

Post by SiliconJesus »

No Requieme, I am not a 13 year old. It just simply amazes me why people will put up with that kind of crap from anyone!! Atani is in fact the one that is acting like a 13 year old. He is basically saying "If you don't play my way...I'll take my toys and go home!". He needs to learn to live in the REAL world. A place where not EVERYTHING goes your way and a place where he most likely does not dish out this kind of crap. Anyone in the REAL world would have told him where to go and where he can stick his project. Problem is...people can pretend to be whatever they want on the internet with no realistic expectation of the repercussions of their actions to come back and haunt them. In the REAL world he probably gets kicked around and is quiet as a mouse. But here...in the relative anonymity of the internet, he can spout off and throw tantrums all he wants.

And for all you people begging him to continue his work on what was initially STOLEN source code with no intentions of releasing it under the terms of the GPL (which has since been rectified), I am simply flabbergasted!! Have some pride and dignity!!! Don't bow down to someone that is going to throw tantrums and threaten you with cancellation of the project if someone says something that hurts his poor little fragile feelings *sniff* *sniff*.
PR#6