CatanDC update

This forum is for discussion pertaining to homebrew and indie software for the Dreamcast, such as homebrew games, emulators/interpreters, and other homebrew software/applications. Porting requests and developmental ideas are not to be made here; you can make those here. If you need any help burning discs for homebrew software, this is the place to ask as well.
ReGex
FrNES Creator
FrNES Creator
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0

Post by ReGex »

cpe:

Your title page looks good, but also looks quite a bit like the Kosmos game cover. If we could get away with it, I could definitely use that. Thanks for your help, you're the first to offer it!

-ReGex
cpe
DCEmu Crazy Poster
DCEmu Crazy Poster
Been thanked: 0

Post by cpe »

I wanted that it looks like the Kosmos Cover but i could redesign it a bit..let's see
ReGex
FrNES Creator
FrNES Creator

Post by ReGex »

cpe:

Well, whatever you choose to do is great. Even if I don't decide to use your design as the title screen, it will be really easy to make your own version of the disc with whatever title screen you want (ala NesterDC).

-ReGex
ReGex
FrNES Creator
FrNES Creator

Post by ReGex »

New Screenshots at the homepage - new ones taken through my BBA.

-ReGex
cpe
DCEmu Crazy Poster
DCEmu Crazy Poster

Post by cpe »

Woah this looks great. Maybe i'll do some textures...maybe
The Kron
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by The Kron »

ReGex
FrNES Creator
FrNES Creator

Post by ReGex »

I posted a bit about that on the CatanDC homepage (just newly up). To me it actually looked like they overdesigned the GUI and added tons of elements to the game just to make it ... umm ... Japanese? The game is actually really simple... no need for 3d animated players or flashing flames on the board ;) Goes to show you what they think games are about nowadays.

Actually, I've been thinking of exactly what I have to do to get it out before they do, but if they don't start testing until May, there's a really good chance I could get the whole CatanDC thing done by then (what you see was basically coded in like 4-5 weekends). I think the DC scene is pretty "under the radar" so I don't know what their position is or whether they'll do their best to stop the project.

-ReGex
ReGex
FrNES Creator
FrNES Creator

Post by ReGex »

Thanks for the headsup though Kron, before now I hadn't seen screenshots. Just more motivation for me.

-ReGex