Dreamsnes praise

Anything DreamSNES-related can be asked in this forum, such as general questions about the emulator, how to burn it, etc.
Skater_dusto
DCEmu Cool Poster
DCEmu Cool Poster
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Dreamsnes praise

Post by Skater_dusto »

Ohh wow! I just burned a selfbooting Dreamsnes disc(With roms) perfectly, and I haven't played Dreamsnes since it's .94 release! :D
I just did what I normally did by using Selfboot, but added the steps for the roms.lst creator. Pulled it off first try and it was incredibly easy.

Anyways, I'm just blown away. This release is nothing less than amazing! I really can't tell you guys how much I think rule, because then I'd be rambling on all night. But just know that your work is incredible, and that you should keep it up. Something like Dreamsnes would be far too complicated for me to code, but who knows, maybe one day....

Well, I'm sure that you get stuff like this all the time(And quite the opposite! Tsk tsk all you whiners) but I thought that it would be nice to make a fresh post. As someone who used to mess around in the translation scene I know how cool it is to receive praise from some random person, probably living half way across the world. Know that you've brought back lots of childhood memories, yadda yadda, I think I've already said this before... :)
Keep up the good work, again, and know that something you've crafted is going to bring pleasure to me, me brothers, parents, and close friends!!

P.S. Jeeze, I see so many posts here about people complaining... burning Dreamsnes was dead simple, and I'm almost a complete moron. I had a few issues when I just bought my cd burner, but then I worked those out and it's been clear sailing ever since. When people tell you to read each step carefully, they're not just saying that to bloat their tutorials. They really mean it! lol
BlackAura
DC Developer
DC Developer

Post by BlackAura »

I've decided on a new way to handle people who complain about DreamSnes. Give them a link to DreamSnes 0.9 - that should show them how far DreamSnes has come since it's first release.
Skater_dusto
DCEmu Cool Poster
DCEmu Cool Poster

Post by Skater_dusto »

Man I agree with that. That or leave their pointless threads open for flaming. :roll:
pHaDeD xP
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by pHaDeD xP »

hey seriously im very happy to say that im seeing more and more threads of praise for DreamSNES, and im am suprised. why? because the DreamSNES team did not come out with a new release on St. Pats day, and i expected to hear bitching and moaning from every nOob and lamer out there, but i am happy to see that I wuhz wrong in my asumptions. DreamSNES is awsome, in everyway possible, no other DC SNES Emu can even touch it, and they have worked so hard to bring it to us. Thank you to the DreamSNES team, for being responsible for LITTERALLY BRINGING THOUSANDS to the DC Emu scene. I will never be ungrateful for anything that you have done for us, again than you.
Bolgan
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by Bolgan »

Yeah! DreamSNES is great.I know a lot of people complain about the speed.But I think its pretty good.Many of the side scrollers run near full speed and some even run at full speed. :!:
Psychlonic
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by Psychlonic »

DreamSNES is pretty good, and I will continue to wait patiently for the next release - no matter how long it takes.
Thomas
Thomas

Post by Thomas »

BlackAura wrote:I've decided on a new way to handle people who complain about DreamSnes. Give them a link to DreamSnes 0.9 - that should show them how far DreamSnes has come since it's first release.
Best idea I ever heard.

DreamSNES has come quite a long way and it only gets better. I am happy with it right now since it plays Chrono Trigger pretty godd :)!
PaiN
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by PaiN »

I don't see how it can become that much better anyhow, it's already damn great. Been playing Final Fantasy V constantly lately and I have no complaints about it. Only noticable things are a little slow down and some crackling in the music from time to time.

But wasn't that the issue in some of the SNES games in the first place? or is that just the emulation of them?

Great job on this emu :)
chrisfbt1
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by chrisfbt1 »

Dreamsnes Was actually the reason i bought a dreamcast
and i'm very happy that i did :)
calle
DCEmu Crazy Poster
DCEmu Crazy Poster

Post by calle »

Well DreamSNES rocks my socks! It's still the only homegrown thing i have for my dc, but i'm getting kinda curious now...

I just burned my second dreamsnes disc with;
a roms.lst
soundtrack with just mp3's smaller than 2 meg (the sound buffer)
some translation changes

it's just so cool that i can do all that!

now, my roomie on the other hand keeps bitching about seiken densetsu 3 not being playable, but i'm telling him: "just you wait.. just you wait..."