New idea

Discuss modifications you have done or plan to do to your Dreamcast or any other hardware, or discuss devices you want to build. If your console does not work or is acting up, ask about fixing it in here.
Bplay36971
DCEmu Crazy Poster
DCEmu Crazy Poster
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

New idea

Post by Bplay36971 »

I was wondering if it would be possible to add a keyboard and mouse to the DC with out buying the offical products. I was thinking since i have Aol and can\'t get online with my DC if i could use that spce to put the hardware. it would use a switch so u could use the controller when u play multiplayer games. this is probally a stupid question but t is an idea.
pkScary
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by pkScary »

i dont think its at all feasible to make your own keyboard or mouse. i also dont think you can connect to aohell through your dc(sorry had to). why dont u try some of the free isps such as netzero and freei? there were some guides on how to connect to the internet for free through dc.......ill try to find em. gl
Bplay36971
DCEmu Crazy Poster
DCEmu Crazy Poster

Post by Bplay36971 »

No i don't want to use the internet for my dc. i was wondering if u could solder the wires the controller part so u could use a keyboard and or mouse. and possably make a swich that will let you choose controller port or keyboard. And I will agree AOL does suck
MidnightObsidian
Symbiotic Anomaly
Symbiotic Anomaly

Post by MidnightObsidian »

Here's my infamous single-word answer.

"No."
I'm not Clessoulis. Seriously.
pkScary
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by pkScary »

+ if u just soldered your comp keyboard wire into a controller port AND managed to get the bios rom thingy to recognize the keyboard as a controller :eek: whenever u pressed a button u would press the entire alphaneumeric key system thingy. in other words u couldnt write email or anything. well im sorry u could but most people would have a little trouble reading it :lol:
MidnightObsidian
Symbiotic Anomaly
Symbiotic Anomaly

Post by MidnightObsidian »

It's not going to work. There are complex ICs and voltage regulators involved that you can't reproduce without being a professional or buying the chips yourself. Just spend $15 and get one from Lik-Sang or something.
I'm not Clessoulis. Seriously.