burning XDP, CDI to big, please help

This forum is for discussion pertaining to homebrew and indie software for the Dreamcast, such as homebrew games, emulators/interpreters, and other homebrew software/applications. Porting requests and developmental ideas are not to be made here; you can make those here. If you need any help burning discs for homebrew software, this is the place to ask as well.
bugaboo
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

burning XDP, CDI to big, please help

Post by bugaboo »

i've downloaded XDP and the cdi comes out as XDP3Iv1.cdi with a size of 756,003KB, when i go to burn this with diskjuggler V4.01.968 it just says the image wont fit on the cd. i've converted it to nero and its the same with that. what do i need to do? i've burned lots of other stuff with no problems and this is doing my head in. i read the XDP post in the other forum but am still no the wiser. someone please help?? do i need to use an 80minute cd ??, i thought these couldnt be used, and whats overburn ?
please help i'm getting desperate. :? :(
OneThirty8
Damn Dirty Ape
Damn Dirty Ape

Post by OneThirty8 »

Use a 700MB cd and you should be all set. The extra stuff beyond 700 is data for DiscJuggler, which makes the image larger than what the disc will be once burned.
bugaboo
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by bugaboo »

thanks for replying. well i used a 700mb disk and it wouldnt work. and i also made a nero image and burned it with nero using disk at once and still no luck. could it be the cd's i'm using (philips cd-r80 16xmultispeed). i remember using these cd's a long time ago for burning another dreamcast program and it wouldnt work. thats why i got 74min ones cos i thought 80 minute ones just didnt work with dc. but it seems to work for you?? so i dont know. do some dreamcasts not read 80minute cds ?? i just don;t understand it. the version of nero i've got is 5.5.9.14. could it be the settings. what setting do you need to have ?? it's just so anoying. the disk IS meant to selfboot isnt it??
fatheadpi
First Class Dick
First Class Dick

Post by fatheadpi »

Yeah, it is. You should HAVE to use an 80 minute cdr. The disc I burned the new build to, and made the image from, was a memorex 80 minute disc. Could be your media. All I ever use is the standard issue memorex cd's, love the lil bastards. If you still have problems, don't waste any more cdr's, a new straight iso image type wil lbe out soon.

BTW, please post XDP stuff in the browser thread, it makes it easier for me to keep an eye on the project, especially since this is a bug hunting release.
Need a Treamcast, Dreamcast modchip, HUGE DC memory card, ASCII-like DC fighter pad, or Saturn Gameshark with tons of backup memory? PM me.
bugaboo
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by bugaboo »

okay thanks, that would be great, i'll hold back on the burning for now and wait for the new image. :D
btw are cd's eco friendly,can they be recycled ?, i've got loads of useless ones to chuck out, i bet theres loads of wasted cds out there :lol:
bugaboo
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by bugaboo »

yep, i got i working now, it was the philips cds, i got loads of cheap ones and it works. :D
thanks for it and keep it going :) i'm gonna get a keyboard now, theyre only 6 quid :)