New Dreamcast Game Release!!! (not NHL 2K2)!!

Discussion of topics related to licensed games, software hacking/modification, prototypes, and development kits belongs here. Includes topics related to emulating the Dreamcast console on your computer or on another gaming console. Discussion of Reicast should go in the Official Reicast Forum.
Chalavet
DCEmu Veteran
DCEmu Veteran
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0

Post by Chalavet »

Hello everyone!!

I was just visiting National Console Support, and they are now taking preorders for what many were hoping for something similar to a dark Rayman styled game...Evil Twin: Cyprien's Chronicles. Unfortunately, I haven't heard of a US release (other than PS2), but thank goodness for Europe!!

So what do you think???

Check it out -> http://www.ncsx.net/www/2002/ncs011402/ncs0114.htm
U.S.MALE
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu
Been thanked: 0

Post by U.S.MALE »

See, I wish SEGA U.S. would wise up. I know they could still sell a bunch o' units of quality games for the DC.
"Ya shouldn't a done that, he's just a boy. Poor little feller."

"Charlie don't surf!!!"
Tom2
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by Tom2 »

Yup, find info on some other UK releases here --> http://www.segarevolution.vas-net.net/f ... edates.htm
Cheers
Tom

P.s. Think gameplay.co.uk had it on pre-order for ?17.99.....my mistake they dont, softwarefirst.com do how ever!
Chalavet
DCEmu Veteran
DCEmu Veteran

Post by Chalavet »

I still think that games can sell on the Dreamcast as long as they aren't average or poor at that. Even if they aren't original games but ports of already existing games (mostly all for the Japaneese market), I think that they could make money, ex: Eldorado's Gate Collection, Zero Gunner 2, Shenmue 2, Headhunter, Capcom vs. SNK 2, Hundred Swords, Sakura Taisen, Half Life, etc.
U.S.MALE
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by U.S.MALE »

to the statement above^^ That's exactly what I'm saying. Why must Sega insist on screwing us?
"Ya shouldn't a done that, he's just a boy. Poor little feller."

"Charlie don't surf!!!"
Chalavet
DCEmu Veteran
DCEmu Veteran

Post by Chalavet »

Sega cann't take the blame for 3rd parties not releasing the games on their systems. It isn't like they didn't try to make a splash. Sega made and published many great games in the US, but they cann't be blamed for 3rd parties not publishing their games in the US. For the sake of viability, they decided to cancel or simply not release certain games over here. Europe is getting games because people are still willing to pay 30 Pounds for a game, while Americans have a hard time letting go of $30 for a new game on the Dreamcast. That is why a lot of new games are selling new for just $19.99-$29.99 (exceptions are new Sega Sports, PSO ver. 2).
Kami

Post by Kami »

sega can indirectly be blamed because of the dreamcast being canned :P
BlackAura
DC Developer
DC Developer

Post by BlackAura »

Why did the DC have to be canned? It's a great machine, especially for home development and emulators, and in my opinion it kicks the PS2 off the face of the planet. The DC was the best (and cheapest) new console out there, at least until the GameCube and XBox, but I have seen neither of those. I mean, older DC games like Soul Calibur look better than newer PS2 games like Tekken Tag! We have a DC and a PS2 and I think the DC is superior in nearly every way. The PS2 is more useful as a doorstop than a DC, and plays DVDs, and there are still new games. That is all.
bdisagree
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by bdisagree »

geez, you guys are making me jealous by all this talk about dc games, when i bought my dc, it came with sonic shuffle, and sonic adventure 1, and those are the only games for the dc i own. luckily, i have been able to find my old games for dc emulators, which is great, cuz without them, my dc would be very lonely. now, finding games to buy is impossible! even finding things like an adapter for my psx controllers, or a madkatz gun or all of that... sigh, dc is dead, and i got to it, too late to save it's poor soul in my heart.

Brian

ps i don't even have any friends with a dc, so i can't try other games, and you can't rent them from stores either, i'm skewed.
Kami

Post by Kami »

Chalavet wrote: Hello everyone!!

I was just visiting National Console Support, and they are now taking preorders for what many were hoping for something similar to a dark Rayman styled game...Evil Twin Cyprien's Chronicles. Unfortunately, I haven't heard of a US release (other than PS2), but thank goodness for Europe!!

So what do you think???

Check it out -> http//www.ncsx.net/www/2002/ncs011402/ncs0114.htm

Evil Twin isn't exactly fun. The game got old after a few min. If this is the game I'm thinking of it was released for the pc along time ago. weird game tho.
NoKY
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by NoKY »

well lets not about 3rd parties now, cause SEGA just became one, you know like ATARI and stuff like that...
I am confused... what is that light?...
-:NoKY steps into the light:-
----