Can someone explain to me *what* is that?

This forum is for discussion pertaining to homebrew and indie software for the Dreamcast, such as homebrew games, emulators/interpreters, and other homebrew software/applications. Porting requests and developmental ideas are not to be made here; you can make those here. If you need any help burning discs for homebrew software, this is the place to ask as well.
Hawq
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by Hawq »

Heh that adaptors a PSX & Saturn to DC adaptor, as for the case if he 'lost' it then why's it pictured?, besides anyone could photoshop that case in a couple of minutes. It's sad when this type of thing happens.
The Prisoner - Makes NGE's ending look almost intelligible.
theres no-one else to blame

Bored? figure out where the above lines from. Answers
Rand Linden
bleemcast! Creator
bleemcast! Creator

Post by Rand Linden »

That case came out of my office -- or at least it's damn close to it.

There were three or four of them that David made as mock-ups.

Rand.
law56ker
DCEmu Cool Poster
DCEmu Cool Poster

Post by law56ker »

Rand if we used a bleempod or a psx to dc adapter with the beta whould more button functions be possible then what is currently possible using a standard dc controller?
nbcjr
DCEmu Cool Newbie
DCEmu Cool Newbie

Post by nbcjr »

law56ker wrote:Rand if we used a bleempod or a psx to dc adapter with the beta whould more button functions be possible then what is currently possible using a standard dc controller?
i don't think he would like to answer this...

anyways, someone should report this seller to ebay, he is selling illegal material.
Brasil: Quem te ama n?o te USA!
HyperG
DC Developer
DC Developer

Post by HyperG »

the guy got good reviews, so we'll see what happens. :-/
If you think typing 'make' is hard, forget coding.
If you can't figure out the commands to DC-Tool, forget coding.
If you think coding is as easy as typing printf("Hello World\n"); , shoot yourself.
Captain Skyhawk
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by Captain Skyhawk »

What a bummer, some days ago I saw that the bleem.com website now directs to David's profile on E-Bay. I was secretly hoping that he was going to sell the Bleem!pods. I'm dying to get a one (even a proto) to use with Bleem! for Gran Turismo 2, to make use of the dual anlog support. I am willing to pay a high price for it, because it's still the game I play most. Now I'm shocked to see that he did sell it, but I missed it because that topic was in off-topic! Man, off-topic, it should have been frontpage news: "David is selling the Bleem!pods!".

What a shame, what a shame I want those soooo badly.... :(
Visit the DC Help for all the Dreamcast homebrew help you need!
Go to DC Evolution, for the best ready to burn images
Nico0020
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life

Post by Nico0020 »

whats the difference betweent the bleem pods and a PSX-DC adaptor? I remember back in the day seeing one in a advertising in ODCM where it was orange with a orange bleemcast controler. Is that what ya'll are talkin about?

:update:
nevermind I found an old post with my answer.
*The Cadillac of signatures*
DeGamer
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by DeGamer »

Rand Linden wrote:
someoneElse wrote:If it WERE one of the bleempod prototypes, working or mock-up, it'd be worth buying, even if just for the sheer collectability since it never went into production.
There were a few of them for sale on Ebay about a week or so ago.

Rand.
How did I miss that? I checked eBay every day ever since I saw that thread with David auctioning everything. I never saw one bleempod.

law56ker wrote:Rand if we used a bleempod or a psx to dc adapter with the beta whould more button functions be possible then what is currently possible using a standard dc controller?
Dude you just don't get it do you? or is it that you don't care?

Rand Linden wrote:That case came out of my office -- or at least it's damn close to it.
Wait a minute, did you ever post pictures of "that case" online? If not then this really is real. But how did he get it and the bleempod?

HyperG wrote:the guy got good reviews, so we'll see what happens. :-/
Rand says the bleem pods do like that. I just might win this auction just for that. And if this a different bleemcast, I'm not spreading it. I will even send it to Rand if he wants. I just want the bleempod.
Rand Linden
bleemcast! Creator
bleemcast! Creator

Post by Rand Linden »

All the bleemPods that I've ever seen look like that (which is all of them).

The giveaway, though, is the number "2" written on it -- that's the prototype revision. "4" was the last (I think... it might be "5"). I'm pretty sure that the "2" supports analog axes, select, L2, R2. It won't support PSX memcards, though.

I know that some of the beta testers for MGS and TK3 were offered bleemPods, but whether or not any of them took 'em, I don't know. There were a bunch of them.

I'm not positive that David auctioned them off *YET* -- I read in his message that he was going to.

Rand.
ShadowofBob
ShadowOfBob
ShadowOfBob

Post by ShadowofBob »

Woud it be possible for you to release the schematics for the Bleempods or bleempads so that someone could maybe build one or for some company to start manufacturing them? Also, do the bleempods work on normal DC games or just the bleempacks?
bizzle

Post by bizzle »

ShadowofBob wrote:Woud it be possible for you to release the schematics for the Bleempods or bleempads so that someone could maybe build one or for some company to start manufacturing them? Also, do the bleempods work on normal DC games or just the bleempacks?
companies already sell PSX>DC controller adapters.
ShadowofBob
ShadowOfBob
ShadowOfBob

Post by ShadowofBob »

Xylene wrote:
ShadowofBob wrote:Woud it be possible for you to release the schematics for the Bleempods or bleempads so that someone could maybe build one or for some company to start manufacturing them? Also, do the bleempods work on normal DC games or just the bleempacks?
companies already sell PSX>DC controller adapters.
Yes, but they don't support the dual analouge sticks, R3, L3, R2, L2, or select butttons and they don't save to PSX memory cards.
Rand Linden
bleemcast! Creator
bleemcast! Creator

Post by Rand Linden »

No, we never had schematics -- we were a software company, not a hardware company, and so we used an outside group to make the bleemPods... which should explain why they look like all the other converters out there.

It should work just fine with DC titles.

Companies already sell adapters, but none that work with all the buttons -- which was the problem, and hence the reason bleemPod was created.

Rand.
Last edited by Rand Linden on Sun Mar 16, 2003 2:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.
ShadowofBob
ShadowOfBob
ShadowOfBob

Post by ShadowofBob »

Just curious, What company were you guys using to manufactuer the bleempods?
Captain Skyhawk
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by Captain Skyhawk »

DeGamer wrote:How did I miss that? I checked eBay every day ever since I saw that thread with David auctioning everything. I never saw one bleempod
Rand Linden wrote: I'm not positive that David auctioned them off *YET* -- I read in his message that he was going to.
Ah! Gives me hope, I really thought I missed it.

This auction is for USA residents only, so in this case, good luck getting them DeGamer. Seeing your intentions of not distributing the disc if it was a new beta is very honest.
DeGamer
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by DeGamer »

I emailed the seller to see if it's the same beta that was leaked or not (which I think it is) and he seems not to have known about it. Infact he was rather interested in learning more about this leaked beta. But then again I ask him if it's the same and he won't give me a straight answer. I don't know what to believe.

Should I win the auction anyway? I have the money to spare. And if it is different, it won't get into warez people's hands. And if it is the same, at least I get that bleem pod and I can get get him in trouble with eBay for trying to rip me off. What do you guys think?
bizzle

Post by bizzle »

DeGamer wrote:I emailed the seller to see if it's the same beta that was leaked or not (which I think it is) and he seems not to have known about it. Infact he was rather interested in learning more about this leaked beta. But then again I ask him if it's the same and he won't give me a straight answer. I don't know what to believe.

Should I win the auction anyway? I have the money to spare. And if it is different, it won't get into warez people's hands. And if it is the same, at least I get that bleem pod and I can get get him in trouble with eBay for trying to rip me off. What do you guys think?
if its over $45 i wouldnt.
toastman
Iron Fist of Justice
Iron Fist of Justice

Post by toastman »

A PSX->DC adaptor could be made using both analogs and all the buttons I believe. You have the pinouts for the PSX Dual Shock and the DC controller. The DC controller can support two analogs, two Dpads, and 8 buttons (A, B, C, D, X, Y, Z, and START), not to mention the 2 shoulder triggers. I believe an enterprising hardware modification kinda person could do something there (wink, wink, nudge, nudge)
No signature.
DeGamer
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by DeGamer »

He just told me it IS the same, but not in those words.
nbcjr
DCEmu Cool Newbie
DCEmu Cool Newbie

Post by nbcjr »

DeGamer wrote:He just told me it IS the same, but not in those words.
but the 'bleempod' really is the bleempod, or it is a cheapass one?
Brasil: Quem te ama n?o te USA!