roms.lst

Anything DreamSNES-related can be asked in this forum, such as general questions about the emulator, how to burn it, etc.
redisk
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

roms.lst

Post by redisk »

I haven't seen a tutorial for creating the roms.lst file, what are your suggestions?
2pacrestinpeace
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by 2pacrestinpeace »

look harder
YO, 2pace rest in peace man, I lovve you man, your the worlds greatest, and i love you man.
someoneElse
DCEmu Ultra Poster
DCEmu Ultra Poster

Re: roms.lst

Post by someoneElse »

Can you survive Darwin's Blade? Sign up Today
redisk
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

thanks.. but

Post by redisk »

thanks, but now i can't it to read the roms.lst file and i still get some garbled names or even totally unrelated names for games.
OneThirty8
Damn Dirty Ape
Damn Dirty Ape

Post by OneThirty8 »

2pacrestinpeace wrote:look harder
... not exactly a helpful post...

burnerO also has a roms.lst creator. I found it on his 'coding' page at http://www.consolevision.com/members/burnero/coding.htm along with a few other useful things.
Proveaux
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by Proveaux »

Try this.
Last edited by Proveaux on Sat Mar 29, 2003 5:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
someoneElse
DCEmu Ultra Poster
DCEmu Ultra Poster

Post by someoneElse »

Proveaux wrote:How To Make A DreamSNES Rom List That Will Always Be In Alphabetical Order.

You can do all that...... or you can just use kRYPT's Rom.lst generator, and check Truncate filenames and Arrange alphabetically....

Having the Roms.lst Generator create the list based on filenames rather than the ROM headers might alleviate your 'garbled' list entries.

Putting a file called "NO_ROMS.HERE" in a directory prevents it from being scanned for roms.

redisk, are you by any chance making multi-emu Dreaminducer disks or anything else out of the ordinary you're not mentioning?
Proveaux
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by Proveaux »

someoneElse wrote:
Proveaux wrote:How To Make A DreamSNES Rom List That Will Always Be In Alphabetical Order.

You can do all that...... or you can just use kRYPT's Rom.lst generator, and check Truncate filenames and Arrange alphabetically....

Having the Roms.lst Generator create the list based on filenames rather than the ROM headers might alleviate your 'garbled' list entries.

Putting a file called "NO_ROMS.HERE" in a directory prevents it from being scanned for roms.
I totally agree. Use the quick and easy way if it works. I always had trouble with the rom list tools. The list would either be out of order or there would be a mistake somewhere in the list that would cause DreamSNES to start reading from the headers. That’s when I came up with the fail proof method in my previous post. The kRYPT's Rom.lst generator may be a newer version than what I had to use when I was first trying to make a list and may not have the problems I mentioned before, but If it does, there is an alternative.
pHaDeD xP
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by pHaDeD xP »

Yes it is very important that you truncate your files, and try to keep the character letter count down... otherwise it has trouble reading the list. The maximum characters allowed is specified sumwhere, isnt it 66 or sumthing?
DoomDan
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by DoomDan »

You can just use Uberboot to self-boot DreamSNES and it'll make the roms.lst file for you. It's that easy.
fatheadpi
First Class Dick
First Class Dick

Post by fatheadpi »

I've tried everything I can find, even the renamer-based tutorial, and I still can't get DSnes to read the roms.lst file when I launch it from my DreamInducer comps. Gonna try UberBoot.
Need a Treamcast, Dreamcast modchip, HUGE DC memory card, ASCII-like DC fighter pad, or Saturn Gameshark with tons of backup memory? PM me.
redisk
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

i got it to this point

Post by redisk »

i fixed the garbled names by using the renaming tool, but now i still cannot get Dsnes to read the roms.lst file. i do use a second disk for my roms could that be where the problem is? if it is how would i write a cd with the snes software and the roms using w*ndows and using an IDE cd burner?
someoneElse
DCEmu Ultra Poster
DCEmu Ultra Poster

Re: i got it to this point

Post by someoneElse »

redisk wrote:how would i write a cd with the snes software and the roms using w*ndows and using an IDE cd burner?
Read the topic stickied to the top of the forum.

-=How To Make A Self-Boot DreamSNES Disc=-
pHaDeD xP
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by pHaDeD xP »

everything is in the sticky topic, and if you rename and truncate the files, you shouldnt have a problem creating a list file..
fatheadpi
First Class Dick
First Class Dick

Post by fatheadpi »

I sat down and went back through the renamer tut, and now it magically works on my DI discs. Thank god it works, my DC's laser doesn't have the power to scan through 230 roms to play Rock 'N Roll Racing.
Need a Treamcast, Dreamcast modchip, HUGE DC memory card, ASCII-like DC fighter pad, or Saturn Gameshark with tons of backup memory? PM me.
Proveaux
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by Proveaux »

Try this.