HALF LIFE FOR DC / BLACK & WHITE FOR DC / TAKE THE BULLE

Talk about anything and everything not related to this site or the Dreamcast, such as news stories, political discussion, or anything else. If there's not a forum for it, it belongs in here. Also, be warned that personal insults, threats, and spamming will not be tolerated.
DreamcastUK
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

HALF LIFE FOR DC / BLACK & WHITE FOR DC / TAKE THE BULLE

Post by DreamcastUK »

hi there right as the title says....

Half life is now out on Dreamcast which you can buy from ebay .... so will BLACK & WHITE be getting finished and how about take the bullet.....

There was so many games that was left unfinished i can name sooooooo many if you walk into the arcades most of the new games in there were due on dreamcast....

remember SAVAGE QUEST????? a game where you had to sit into the arcade machine had a joysitck and the whole thing rumbled when you attacked or was to eat something...

I know my stuff about the dreamcast and sega and i have been fans of them for years........ i have the dreamcat pod used in game shops....... dreamcast printer / dreameye / dreamcast bba / the surf and play unit / dreamcast zip drive phototype... all the rare games even the DVD one.....just a big fan so i am willing to help if anyone knows if there is source codes out there for unfinished games..... :)

regards
DREAMCASTUK
Tangent
DC Developer
DC Developer

Post by Tangent »

Wow. That's all I can say, really. Just wow.

Black & White for dreamcast? Uhh, I'm pretty sure they wouldn't make money off of that. Take the bullet? What's that?

Yup, so many games left unfinished. It's hard to have faith in a console that the manufacturer (sega) gives up on, isn't it?

The DVD game for dreamcast? What game is that? That would be spectacular - if it could be read by the dreamcast. From what I understand, the GD-ROM can't handle DVDs.
There are 10 kinds of people in the world: those who understand binary, and those who don't.
DreamcastUK
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by DreamcastUK »

The only DVD cased game i think its called cosmic smash or something....... take the bullet looksed a bit like D2 from the screen shots.........I mean they couldn't of made a game so far and then stopped like the new RAGE XBOX live game they even did a DEMO of that and its not coming out as RAGE have closed there doors
toastman
Iron Fist of Justice
Iron Fist of Justice

Post by toastman »

Yeah and it has nothing to do with programming.
Off-Topic.
No signature.
spaghetti
DCEmu's #1 Cher fan
DCEmu's #1 Cher fan

Post by spaghetti »

A DVD game for Dreamcast?!?
DreamcastUK
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by DreamcastUK »

NO A DVD GAME ITS IN A DVD CASE LIKE I SAID
spaghetti
DCEmu's #1 Cher fan
DCEmu's #1 Cher fan

Post by spaghetti »

EDIT: I promised myself not to flame anyone this week. (excluding Jeeba)
EDIT: :o The magic of editors editing.
Last edited by spaghetti on Mon Mar 10, 2003 7:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DeGamer
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by DeGamer »

I think he is referring to the Dreamcast DVD add-on that was never released. And if that is the case, where did you get it? can I get one?

If that is not what you are referring to, then just because a game is in a DVD case does not make it a DVD.

And BTW, the Half Life being sold on eBay is a burned copy, not an original.
zero
DCEmu Super Fan
DCEmu Super Fan

Post by zero »

i think he means that he means he has just the GD-rom in a DVD Case im sure he doesn't have the DVD add on, as i don't think none of them where evere made
Nyarlathotep
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Nyarlathotep »

DeGamer wrote:And BTW, the Half Life being sold on eBay is a burned copy, not an original.
There WERE genuine GD-ROMs of Propellor Arena and HalfLife for sale on eBay a while back - that guy from oldergames bought them both and then about a week later our mods had a nightmare with all the warez topics springing up.

I highly doubt there is a copy of Black & White for DC knockign around as as best I remember it had just been delayed before it was pulled - both Half Life and Propeller Arena were actually totally finished, just never released due to publishing reasons (Valve: not enough money in it and Sega: a wee bit too political at the time)

Id say its likely any that are NOW on sale are CDRs though :|
DeGamer
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by DeGamer »

Nyarlathotep wrote:
DeGamer wrote:And BTW, the Half Life being sold on eBay is a burned copy, not an original.
There WERE genuine GD-ROMs of Propellor Arena and HalfLife for sale on eBay a while back - that guy from oldergames bought them both and then about a week later our mods had a nightmare with all the warez topics springing up.

Funny, I 've been reading the forums since January again and I have not seen such a topic, with the exception of one topic of Half Life but that's it. There was only one of each being sold?

Nyarlathotep wrote: I highly doubt there is a copy of Black & White for DC knockign around as as best I remember it had just been delayed before it was pulled - both Half Life and Propeller Arena were actually totally finished, just never released due to publishing reasons (Valve: not enough money in it and Sega: a wee bit too political at the time)
Id say its likely any that are NOW on sale are CDRs though :|
What would you say about Soul Reaver 2 and Castlevania Resurrection?
BornStupid
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by BornStupid »

I think this guy's lying... it's be nice to believe but doesn't seem true (many try to pull something like this). Take pics and post em on here (and u better not use pics taken off assembler or other places ont he net.. we've seen those) and you got our respect. If u cant prove having rare stuff liek that then dont claim too please.
|darc|
DCEmu Webmaster
DCEmu Webmaster

Post by |darc| »

Nyarlathotep wrote:
Uhh.. no... OlderGames was the one selling ONE GD-ROM, not BUYING two of them. He was selling Propellor Arena (you might have misunderstood it for both because the picture was a picture of Half-Life, Propellor Arena, and a GD-ROM boot disc). The auction was then pulled, and OlderGames said on Consolevision that he was going to arrange a sale with someone else, off of eBay. He also mentioned that it was very likely that Propellor Arena was going to be ripped by the guy he was selling it to.
It's thinking...
Nyarlathotep
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Nyarlathotep »

|darc| basically wrote:Uhh.. no... you're just wrong Nyar.
I stand corrected :oops:
Veggita2099
Janitor 2nd Class
Janitor 2nd Class

Post by Veggita2099 »

I have seen copies of Half-Life all over Yahoo. There all bootleg though.

Is this going to be a legit release or bootlegs?
Wii number: 1227 6854 1080 3665
Chaniyth
DCEmu Super Poster
DCEmu Super Poster

Post by Chaniyth »

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... egory=4305 (Yeah more than likely a CD-R)

Needless to say i'm getting Half-Life for Dreamcast for $2 :-P
All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a Thousand Enemies, and when they catch you, they will kill you... but first they must catch you.
Warmachine
DCEmu Veteran
DCEmu Veteran

Post by Warmachine »

So did I. Also there are no source codes but if you know how to port games contact me :D
:headbang: Dreamcast :headbang:
DeGamer
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by DeGamer »

Warmachine wrote:Also there are no source codes but if you know how to port games contact me :D
You need a source code to port a game don't you?
Chaniyth
DCEmu Super Poster
DCEmu Super Poster

Post by Chaniyth »

DeGamer wrote:
Warmachine wrote:Also there are no source codes but if you know how to port games contact me :D
Yes
All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a Thousand Enemies, and when they catch you, they will kill you... but first they must catch you.
DeGamer
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by DeGamer »

kubyx wrote:
DeGamer wrote:
Yes
Yes I know this but Warmachine appears not to.