No browsing!?! WHAT???

Talk about anything and everything not related to this site or the Dreamcast, such as news stories, political discussion, or anything else. If there's not a forum for it, it belongs in here. Also, be warned that personal insults, threats, and spamming will not be tolerated.
perry
Tha DCEmu Pimp Daddy
Tha DCEmu Pimp Daddy
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

No browsing!?! WHAT???

Post by perry »

Live! launches for the Xbox here on Friday and I was thinking of gettin my BB installed earlier then Iw as going to, as I have to get it installed in my room for when I build my new computer. I thought, get BB earlier even without computer, still use it for Live! I jsut noticed I haven't seen anywhere it says browse the net on Live...

I thought they can't of left it out but I can't find it saying so anywhere! Why would they leave something like this out ?!? Are there any HB browsers ? I could always get my machine chipped.
In the words of Q-Tip : Looking for vibes or positivity, not negativity / 'Cause we gotta strive for longevity by online gaming
Wagh
Wagh

Post by Wagh »

they left it out for the same reason they don't make a keyboard and mouse.. they got too much shit for it being like a pc so they didn't bother.
Bush and Hussein together in bed
Giving H-E-A-D head
Y'all motherfuckers heard what we said
Billions made and millions dead
Enki-14
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter

Post by Enki-14 »

From my experiences with live, there is no reason to get it. But getting BB is always a good thing. Save yourself some money and let your BB gaming be on your pc the way it should be.
BlackAura
DC Developer
DC Developer

Post by BlackAura »

If you really want to browse the 'net on your Xbox, get a mod-chip and use Linux. It already has a web browser, and a load of other stuff too.
Luriden
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Luriden »

Does GC have a browser?
BornStupid
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by BornStupid »

no GC does not, and yea if u get it chipped ull be fine, theres a browser int he making (and one alreayd released I believe..).
Chaniyth
DCEmu Super Poster
DCEmu Super Poster

Post by Chaniyth »

Random_Troll wrote:they left it out for the same reason they don't make a keyboard and mouse.. they got too much poop for it being like a pc so they didn't bother.
That's because it is just a PC in a fancy case.
All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a Thousand Enemies, and when they catch you, they will kill you... but first they must catch you.
|darc|
DCEmu Webmaster
DCEmu Webmaster

Post by |darc| »

kubyx wrote:
Random_Troll wrote:they left it out for the same reason they don't make a keyboard and mouse.. they got too much poop for it being like a pc so they didn't bother.
Just like all other consoles are.
It's thinking...
Chaniyth
DCEmu Super Poster
DCEmu Super Poster

Post by Chaniyth »

|darc| wrote:
kubyx wrote:
Let least other consoles use custom CPU's they also use RiSC CPU's as well.

X-Box uses an Intel chip.
All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a Thousand Enemies, and when they catch you, they will kill you... but first they must catch you.
Nyarlathotep
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Re: No browsing!?! WHAT???

Post by Nyarlathotep »

perry2175 wrote:Live! launches for the Xbox here on Friday and I was thinking of gettin my BB installed earlier then Iw as going to, as I have to get it installed in my room for when I build my new computer. I thought, get BB earlier even without computer, still use it for Live! I jsut noticed I haven't seen anywhere it says browse the net on Live...
I would STRONGLY recommend that you *make sure* you get assigned a static IP if you are getting Live and havent got Broadband yet - some Broadband providers will give you a dynamic IP which is incompatible with LIve requiring you to pay extra ON TOP of Live and ISP / installation fees.

Id also have to agree that there arent actually any Live titles worth playing yet (IN MY OPINION FANBOYS) and if youre getting a high spec PC youd be best off with that, at least until KOTOR comes out
melancholy
DCEmu's Ace Attorney
DCEmu's Ace Attorney

Post by melancholy »

kubyx wrote:
|darc| wrote:
kubyx wrote:
Let least other consoles use custom CPU's they also use RiSC CPU's as well.

xbox uses an Intel chip.
Here's an arguement that's headed nowhere. :roll:
sixteen-bit
Hardware Freak
Hardware Freak

Post by sixteen-bit »

Nyarlathotep wrote:I would STRONGLY recommend that you *make sure* you get assigned a static IP if you are getting Live and havent got Broadband yet - some Broadband providers will give you a dynamic IP which is incompatible with LIve requiring you to pay extra ON TOP of Live and ISP / installation fees.
I don't know how UK xDSL providers do it, but cable-based broadband services don't seem to allocate fixed IPs, using short-term IP leases instead.
ipconfig/all wrote:Lease Obtained. . . . . . . . . . : 11 March 2003 18:59:02
Lease Expires . . . . . . . . . . : 12 March 2003 18:59:02
Firthy2002
DCEmu Super Poster
DCEmu Super Poster

Post by Firthy2002 »

The cheapies won't give you a static IP.
"The video game market is troubled..." - |darc|
---
My LiveJournal
---
bizzle

Post by bizzle »

sixteen-bit wrote:
Nyarlathotep wrote:I would STRONGLY recommend that you *make sure* you get assigned a static IP if you are getting Live and havent got Broadband yet - some Broadband providers will give you a dynamic IP which is incompatible with LIve requiring you to pay extra ON TOP of Live and ISP / installation fees.
I don't know how UK xDSL providers do it, but cable-based broadband services don't seem to allocate fixed IPs, using short-term IP leases instead.
ipconfig/all wrote:Lease Obtained. . . . . . . . . . : 11 March 2003 18:59:02
Lease Expires . . . . . . . . . . : 12 March 2003 18:59:02
I dont think there is any problem with a dynamic IP, it even says in some little Xbox Live book i found, you can save your Xbox Live connection settings to your mem card and bring it to a friends and use it there.
Nyarlathotep
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Nyarlathotep »

sixteen-bit wrote:I don't know how UK xDSL providers do it, but cable-based broadband services don't seem to allocate fixed IPs, using short-term IP leases instead.
Sounds like theres gonna be a lot of pissed off cable users come Lives official launch date then... :?
Xylene wrote:I dont think there is any problem with a dynamic IP, it even says in some little Xbox Live book i found, you can save your Xbox Live connection settings to your mem card and bring it to a friends and use it there.
Maybe in the US - but I know for a *fact* that the only broadband service offered by BT that is compatible with Live is BT OpenWorld as thats the only one that provides a static IP.
sixteen-bit
Hardware Freak
Hardware Freak

Post by sixteen-bit »

Nyarlathotep wrote:Maybe in the US - but I know for a *fact* that the only broadband service offered by BT that is compatible with Live is BT OpenWorld as thats the only one that provides a static IP.
Waiiit. is that the same as the all in one package that Freeserve and the likes offer? The one with the "teal manta ray" USB ADSL adapter?... doesn't the Xbox connect using standard Ethernet.... hmm, I see a problem for people who didn't chose their ADSL "wires only"
someoneElse
DCEmu Ultra Poster
DCEmu Ultra Poster

Post by someoneElse »

sixteen-bit wrote:
Waiiit. is that the same as the all in one package that Freeserve and the likes offer? The one with the "teal manta ray" USB ADSL adapter?... doesn't the Xbox connect using standard Ethernet.... hmm, I see a problem for people who didn't chose their ADSL "wires only"

USB broadband modems are eviiill.....

I guess they expect you to run MS connection sharing or some crap....
Can you survive Darwin's Blade? Sign up Today