easy way to get the full version of Wolf3d for the emu

This forum is for discussion pertaining to homebrew and indie software for the Dreamcast, such as homebrew games, emulators/interpreters, and other homebrew software/applications. Porting requests and developmental ideas are not to be made here; you can make those here. If you need any help burning discs for homebrew software, this is the place to ask as well.
Loie
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

easy way to get the full version of Wolf3d for the emu

Post by Loie »

the demo disc of February's PCGamer (usa, not uk) contains the full version of oldschool Wolf3d! cover price on my issue says $7.99, which isn't bad. So for all who are looking for the full version, there ya have it!
my sig sucks
Captain Skyhawk
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by Captain Skyhawk »

A good tip, I hope I can get them here in the Netherlands. I don't know anymore where I left the full version :? .
DeGamer1
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by DeGamer1 »

Are you talking about this years February issue?
Oh, no. NO! You can't do this to me. Don't give me a playstation. NOOOOOOOOOO! I don't want a piece of crap. Take it back and burn it to heeelll!!! Die Sony Computer Entertainment with you PS (Piece of Sh?t) and your PS 2 (Piece of Sh?t?2)
Loie
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by Loie »

yes, feb 2002. it has Unreal Tourney 2 on the cover.
my sig sucks
DeGamer1
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by DeGamer1 »

Cool. Thanks for the info. :)
Oh, no. NO! You can't do this to me. Don't give me a playstation. NOOOOOOOOOO! I don't want a piece of crap. Take it back and burn it to heeelll!!! Die Sony Computer Entertainment with you PS (Piece of Sh?t) and your PS 2 (Piece of Sh?t?2)
JustinVisible
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by JustinVisible »

Ah shoot I have a Subscription to the magazine but it's without cd , shoulda spent more to get cd too

oh well
BurgerKing-Where Ca$h is King
bdisagree
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by bdisagree »

Ouch, that magazine is 10 bucks in Canada and our "minimum" wage (the least amount the government or corporations can pay us right now) is 6 bucks an hour (pretty sad since you have to work 60 hours a week just to barely survive), glad I already own Wolf3d (wipe brows), or you could put "wolf3d.zip" in a search engine, and...

Brian
tyrant5911
DCEmu Junior
DCEmu Junior

just download it

Post by tyrant5911 »

it is abandonware so should be to hard to find
DJ Samba D
DCEmu Veteran
DCEmu Veteran

just download it

Post by DJ Samba D »

tyrant5911 wrote: it is abandonware so should be to hard to find
But... in the eyes of the law there is NO such thing as Abandonware, as the copyright holders (in this case, I.D.) hold the copyright for 75 years - therefore this game is NOT legally freely available (unless it's the shareware version ;) )

There are some cases where Abandonware (in a way) DOES exist, and that's only because the copyright holder has allowed their games etc... to be available freely.
Jeeba Jabba, On Pinoy, wrote:First, Learn how to speak english and spell. Second, Yes you have the right of Freedom of Speech, So do I. I can get pissed at you're ignorant self for saying dumber things than Miko or Great One... Now thats low
dreamcaster1
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by dreamcaster1 »

can the mac version of wolf 3d work on the dc
Dr Wily

just download it

Post by Dr Wily »

DJ Samba D wrote: There are some cases where Abandonware (in a way) DOES exist, and that's only because the copyright holder has allowed their games etc... to be available freely.
Abandonware does exist, but its usually only games that were written by a single author, as there are too many peoples consent needed for most software written by 'teams' especially where those teams are no longer together.

A good example of a completely legitimate pice of abandonware would be Elite which both Ian Bell and David Braben have both said is now 'free for all'.

It is also, may I add, one of the best games ever...