It's wrong.

Talk about anything and everything not related to this site or the Dreamcast, such as news stories, political discussion, or anything else. If there's not a forum for it, it belongs in here. Also, be warned that personal insults, threats, and spamming will not be tolerated.
perry
Tha DCEmu Pimp Daddy
Tha DCEmu Pimp Daddy
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

It's wrong.

Post by perry »

I just got a letter through my door. It was a small brown envolope. On the front was written 'Please help me' ina small child's writing, it was printed but you couldn't really tell the differance. When I opened it there was a letter at the front which had 'I just don't want to be hit anymore' written in the same children's writing. accompanied by letters saying donate money to the NSPCC. Don't get me wrong im all for helping charity, especially one such as this. But they shouldn't be allowed to put that through my door. It's horrible loooking at it. You get that nasty gut feeling. I hate the adverts too, they get the message across...just int he wrong way. They make people feel either guilty, sorry, depressed or scared into giving money. It's all done wrong.

Them adverts where you see people get ran over are sick aswell.
In the words of Q-Tip : Looking for vibes or positivity, not negativity / 'Cause we gotta strive for longevity by online gaming
Wasgo
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by Wasgo »

I don't really see what's wrong about it. Stuff like that really happens and monetary donations help to prevent it. Sure, you don't like to look at it, but if it convinces more people to help the poor innocent people of the world, why wouldn't it be worth it?
perry
Tha DCEmu Pimp Daddy
Tha DCEmu Pimp Daddy

Post by perry »

But people shouldn't be given stuff they don't want through the door of their own house. Especially if it's sometihng like this. If they'd just made it a letter saying 'please donate money' and perhaps said 'Read on' or 'open to read about some children, or read more' That would have been differant cause you would have had the choice not to read it. With this it just looks like a letter from a little child on your hall floor.
In the words of Q-Tip : Looking for vibes or positivity, not negativity / 'Cause we gotta strive for longevity by online gaming
-Azathoth-
Jounin Shinobi
Jounin Shinobi

Post by -Azathoth- »

Yeah, that's a pretty pathetic thing to do. Slipping some sad story under your door? :roll: Send them some hate mail, or some obscene pics in return. :lol2:
"Deviantart is the home of messed up emo kids"
Covar
DCEmu Mega Fan
DCEmu Mega Fan

Post by Covar »

they shouldn't have done it. you also have to be careful about charities, from what i've heard the head guy at United Way makes a pretty hefty salary of his "charity work"
Narcissus
TAFKA Token99
TAFKA Token99

Post by Narcissus »

That is pathetic... That's worse than telemarketing...

Don't get me wrong, I think some charities are good... but the only ones I donate to are the ones where if you drop the quarter into the water and land on the plastic thing, you can win a free taco at Taco Bell. I don't give money to bums either...

And I'm no insensitive, I'm just a little wiser with my money. If I were a millionaire, I'd donate lots for sure... but when I'm barely making it... I can't afford to invest in something like that. Especially when you're not sure how much of the money is really going toward the cause.
The only limitations we have, are the ones we set for ourselves...
perry
Tha DCEmu Pimp Daddy
Tha DCEmu Pimp Daddy

Post by perry »

1LINUXuser wrote:they shouldn't have done it. you also have to be careful about charities, from what i've heard the head guy at United Way makes a pretty hefty salary of his "charity work"
This was the NSPCC...
Wasgo
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by Wasgo »

1LINUXuser wrote:they shouldn't have done it. you also have to be careful about charities, from what i've heard the head guy at United Way makes a pretty hefty salary of his "charity work"
But do you know why? It's a job. The person at the helm isn't doing it for charity, it's a job.

Take as a function, $$ for charity = function of leaders quality - cost of leader. You need to find a point where the derivative equals zero. Rather $ = Q - C(Q), so 0 = 1 - C'(Q). This does not nessacarily occur on near the low salary end of the spectrum. So the function may max out at a higher salary. Yes, this means a lower percentage of dollars go to the cause, but overall more money goes.
BornStupid
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by BornStupid »

Take as a function, $$ for charity = function of leaders quality - cost of leader. You need to find a point where the derivative equals zero. Rather $ = Q - C(Q), so 0 = 1 - C'(Q). This does not nessacarily occur on near the low salary end of the spectrum. So the function may max out at a higher salary. Yes, this means a lower percentage of dollars go to the cause, but overall more money goes.
WTF, are you TRYING to look smart? Yeesh..
Wasgo
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by Wasgo »

Nah, just bored and felt like explaining it for a change. Either way I'm right.
perry
Tha DCEmu Pimp Daddy
Tha DCEmu Pimp Daddy

Post by perry »

BornStupid wrote:
WTF, are you TRYING to look smart? Yeesh..
Hopefully you've never attempted looking smart...

Or you've failed miserably.
melancholy
DCEmu's Ace Attorney
DCEmu's Ace Attorney

Post by melancholy »

Narcissus wrote:but the only ones I donate to are the ones where if you drop the quarter into the water and land on the plastic thing, you can win a free taco at Taco Bell.
OMG, there was this girl in my driver's ed group back in high school. Every Tuesday for 6 weeks, our group of three would go with an instructor out driving around the county, eat somewhere, then go back to school. It seemed like everywhere we stopped to eat, there was that little plastic thing that your talking about. Now, this girl, she never would take any cash with her. Instead, she would take a quarter, a dime, and a nickel, drop them in that thing, and win her supper. During the whole 6 weeks, she never missed a catch, ever. It was like an artform to watch her drop the coin in, twirl the knob, and catch that coin almost dead center everytime.
btm4k
DCEmu Super Fan
DCEmu Super Fan

Post by btm4k »

melancholy wrote:
Narcissus wrote:but the only ones I donate to are the ones where if you drop the quarter into the water and land on the plastic thing, you can win a free taco at Taco Bell.
OMG, there was this girl in my driver's ed group back in high school. Every Tuesday for 6 weeks, our group of three would go with an instructor out driving around the county, eat somewhere, then go back to school. It seemed like everywhere we stopped to eat, there was that little plastic thing that your talking about. Now, this girl, she never would take any cash with her. Instead, she would take a quarter, a dime, and a nickel, drop them in that thing, and win her supper. During the whole 6 weeks, she never missed a catch, ever. It was like an artform to watch her drop the coin in, twirl the knob, and catch that coin almost dead center everytime.
:rofl:

I won once, but it was at Denny's and there are no prizes. :cry:
zickfun
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by zickfun »

wtf...what cheap advertising :/
spaghetti
DCEmu's #1 Cher fan
DCEmu's #1 Cher fan

Post by spaghetti »

They shoved it under your door? I mean, I can see it would be okay if it came in the mail or something... but... that's just weird.
perry
Tha DCEmu Pimp Daddy
Tha DCEmu Pimp Daddy

Post by perry »

spaghetti wrote:They shoved it under your door? I mean, I can see it would be okay if it came in the mail or something... but... that's just weird.
Nah lol, in the UK our mail is put through a slot in the front of our door...