DVD Writer For ?125!!!

Talk about anything and everything not related to this site or the Dreamcast, such as news stories, political discussion, or anything else. If there's not a forum for it, it belongs in here. Also, be warned that personal insults, threats, and spamming will not be tolerated.
az_bont
Administrator
Administrator
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

DVD Writer For ?125!!!

Post by az_bont »

SVP Communications, a very reliable British CDR supplier, is selling a DataWrite DVD+R/RW DVD Writer for only ?125! The advantage of the +R format is that it's more compatible with DVD players, although the discs are more expensive. The writer won't do anything that's -R, so that means no copied games for you! It does do CD-R, however.

http://www.blankdiscshop.co.uk/acatalog ... ion__.html
Sick of sub-par Dreamcast web browsers that fail to impress? Visit Psilocybin Dreams!
EverStoned
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by EverStoned »

DVD burners are in a state right now.

Just pick one medium, and everyone use it . Fuckers.
az_bont
Administrator
Administrator

Post by az_bont »

I like having two formats. With -R you have the fact that it's so universal, and ideal for data, and +R is better for video. Plus if one doesn't work in your DVD player, then chances are the other will. There's also DVD-RAM, but that's mainly for data storing on PCs only, plus a few 'under-the-telly' recorders for added video editing capabilities and a larger storage capacity.
Sick of sub-par Dreamcast web browsers that fail to impress? Visit Psilocybin Dreams!
Roofus
President & CEO Roofuscorp, LLC

Post by Roofus »

I've heard that -R is more compatable. It doesn't matter to me, though. I have this drive. :mrgreen:
az_bont
Administrator
Administrator

Post by az_bont »

Roofus wrote:I've heard that -R is more compatable. It doesn't matter to me, though. I have this drive. :mrgreen:
That's a nice drive :) . I will hopefully be getting a cheap -R only drive soon. And -R is more compatible with Sony players, specifically the PS2. There are others that prefer the -R format, but there are more that like the +R. The problem with -R discs is that the compatibility varies drastically with the brand, and it can take a while to find a decent one. But when you do, it's only a fraction of the cost of +R discs.
Narcissus
TAFKA Token99
TAFKA Token99

Post by Narcissus »

Roofus wrote:I've heard that -R is more compatable. It doesn't matter to me, though. I have this drive. :mrgreen:
That's nice man... I'm thinking of getting a DVD burner... are you impressed by this one?
The only limitations we have, are the ones we set for ourselves...
Roofus

Post by Roofus »

Narcissus wrote:
That's nice man... I'm thinking of getting a DVD burner... are you impressed by this one?
Which one?
404NotFound
DCEmu Ex-Mod
DCEmu Ex-Mod

Post by 404NotFound »

I want the new plextor :)
Narcissus
TAFKA Token99
TAFKA Token99

Post by Narcissus »

Roofus wrote:Which one?
The one you have...
The only limitations we have, are the ones we set for ourselves...
Roofus

Post by Roofus »

Narcissus wrote:
Roofus wrote:Which one?
The one you have...
Oh yeah...It's a good CD burner. The only thing is that I had to download the newest Nero because the old one didn't recognize it. I haven't burned a DVD yet. They're too darn expensive to just casually burn and it takes too long to encode a movie to MPEG2. Maybe I'll fill a DVD with pr0n. I'll have to download a lot to fill 4.7 gigs though. Better get started... *opens kazaa* :lol:
Lartrak
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by Lartrak »

Oh yes. For people burning DVDs.. GET THE MEDIA ONLINE. It is literally like 1/10th as expensive online, if even THAT.

Myself, I'm planning to get a burner one of these days... Just haven't gotten around to it yet :-P
someoneElse
DCEmu Ultra Poster
DCEmu Ultra Poster

Post by someoneElse »

Personally, I'm finding DVD+R to be LESS compatible with players, even though some in the industry are saying otherwise.

DVD- is more compatible with DVD video players, and DVD+ is more compatible with DVD-ROM drives.

DVD-RAM was just dead on arrival...

Ideally, drives will start adopting both formats, such as the new Sony drive.

I've found a Cendyne 4X DVD-RW for only $170 USD, ? 108.
It's the exact same drive as Pioneer's *05 ones, just relabelled to be sold under the Cendyne name. Same bundle and everything, just half the price at the time.

Nope, it won't be long before they all get stupid-cheap. And then we'll all have to move on to another format... :evil:

The blue laser DVD technology(Main uses will be HDTV DVD) is just now being sold to manufacturers.
Can you survive Darwin's Blade? Sign up Today
az_bont
Administrator
Administrator

Post by az_bont »

The same site are doing a DVD-R drive for ?160 now. Not bad, aye.