SO FRUSTRATED, please read

This forum is for discussion pertaining to homebrew and indie software for the Dreamcast, such as homebrew games, emulators/interpreters, and other homebrew software/applications. Porting requests and developmental ideas are not to be made here; you can make those here. If you need any help burning discs for homebrew software, this is the place to ask as well.
menaz2000
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by menaz2000 »

ok, im getting so frustrated. I hate using these just click once .bat files because I should be able to do this by myself, im not a baby. Now, there are good tutorials for dreamsnes, however, I am having one HARD @$$ time finding decent selfboot tutorials for nesterdc. They all seem to skip steps or instead of saying, this file goes here, they say "place all files in so and so directory," meanwhile, I am thinking, WHICH files.

Anyways, to get to my point. I am a newbie and I am having such a hard time with this, first I couldnt get dreamsnes to work because my ASPI drivers were screwed or something, fixed that, works great.

My new plan, I am going to figure this out for EACH and EVERY emulator, and post EXTREMELY detailed tutorials.

I will be the tutorial KING!

----------------------END OF RANT--------------------------
JustinVisible
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by JustinVisible »

Ok good for you
BurgerKing-Where Ca$h is King
ZacMc
DCEmu Super Fan
DCEmu Super Fan

Post by ZacMc »

There are many easy ways to self Boot emus..
http://www.dcvision.com/dreamcast/burntut2/index.shtml
WHICH files.
Nester DC needs Games, GFX & Pics dirs and ip.bin, 1st_read.bin which all should have come with the emu. If you don't know what files an emu need, check the README.txt.

Zac
s?lidsnake
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by s?lidsnake »

Also just get DCFactory, selfboots couldn't be easier, takes like 30 seconds!
MGS2 Demo-Japanese
GAME OVER
"Snaka', Snaka', SNAAKAA!"
kRYPT_
DCFactory Creator
DCFactory Creator

Post by kRYPT_ »

Tutorials are a total waste of time.
Instead of describing a complex process, doesn't it make more sense to simplify it?

http://krypt.dyndns.org:81/dcfactory/

It isn't a small job, and I still need help (code and writing documentation).
menaz2000 wrote: ok, im getting so frustrated. I hate using these just click once .bat files because I should be able to do this by myself, im not a baby. Now, there are good tutorials for dreamsnes, however, I am having one HARD @$$ time finding decent selfboot tutorials for nesterdc. They all seem to skip steps or instead of saying, this file goes here, they say "place all files in so and so directory," meanwhile, I am thinking, WHICH files.

Anyways, to get to my point. I am a newbie and I am having such a hard time with this, first I couldnt get dreamsnes to work because my ASPI drivers were screwed or something, fixed that, works great.

My new plan, I am going to figure this out for EACH and EVERY emulator, and post EXTREMELY detailed tutorials.

I will be the tutorial KING!

----------------------END OF RANT--------------------------