System got stolen

Talk about anything and everything not related to this site or the Dreamcast, such as news stories, political discussion, or anything else. If there's not a forum for it, it belongs in here. Also, be warned that personal insults, threats, and spamming will not be tolerated.
saber07
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

System got stolen

Post by saber07 »

I hate thieves... Last Tuesday my system was stolen outta my truck. Made me mad cuz I worked all summer for the money to build it. I'm still gonna replace it, gonna make it better too. Here's what my system looked like in my truck b4 http://www.sounddomain.com/id/saber07 . I hit a 136.4 and got 2nd in msd2. I think this time I'll get a jbl 1200.1 and a 12 or 15 inch Brahma and wire it to get 1 ohm and put it in a sealed box so I won't need a subsonic filter. I need an alarm too. I wont install the alarm though, don't wanna screw up my electrical.
Silence is Golden
mmboy
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by mmboy »

that sux, check local pawn shops for ure goodz lol (that were the theives prolly took it :P)
sig down :( gehy boomspeed... any1 wanna host it? where could i host it?
Code-Red
DCEmu Ex-Admin
DCEmu Ex-Admin

Post by Code-Red »

Get a couple 12' AudioBahns. They produce like 2k R.M.S. each.....haha. You'll need a couple more batteries and some cap's for those biznitches. Sucks that you got your system punked though.
saber07
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by saber07 »

you talkin bout the flame series? Im going for more of SQ than SPL. But this Brahma will blow the flame series away... hehe :D
Silence is Golden
btm4k
DCEmu Super Fan
DCEmu Super Fan

Post by btm4k »

Sorry to hear that man. :(
Narcissus
TAFKA Token99
TAFKA Token99

Post by Narcissus »

I had my system stolen when I was 19. Somehow they got around my car alarm... about 3500 bux worth of stuff, so I feel your pain, I'm sorry man. I took the money I got from the insurance company and bought my first computer tho...
The only limitations we have, are the ones we set for ourselves...
saber07
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by saber07 »

Well, most thieves know all they have to do is cut the power to kill the alarm. So what you do is hide a battery big enough to run your alarm somewhere so when they cut the power, the alarm still works.
Silence is Golden
someoneElse
DCEmu Ultra Poster
DCEmu Ultra Poster

Re: System got stolen

Post by someoneElse »

Not quite the same, but I once had a big chunk of my albums stolen from the back of somebody's truck (hard roofed and locked, we only left it for a few minutes). I was actually on my way to being a Programming Director at a radio station at the time, and kinda lost interest after that...

They got everything but the 'hernia box'. Huge crate full of vinyl, took two or three people to move it easily.

And to this day, I still haven't managed to 'aquire' everything to replace them... :evil:

Even if I had, it's just not the same...
Can you survive Darwin's Blade? Sign up Today
MetalGearRay
DCEmu Ultra Poster
DCEmu Ultra Poster

Post by MetalGearRay »

Man, when I get a car, I'm not gonna put all this fancy sh*t in it. I'll put in a nice MP3 CD player and that's all I need.
Warmachine
DCEmu Veteran
DCEmu Veteran

Post by Warmachine »

My uncle got his $3,000 system stolen also. I dont know how they broken in, there were was damage to the car except stolen laptop, lots of cds, amp, stero, and mp3 player.
:headbang: Dreamcast :headbang:
OneThirty8
Damn Dirty Ape
Damn Dirty Ape

Post by OneThirty8 »

It sucks we live in a world where we've got to worry about some dirtbag stealing our stuff. I can't comprehend the mind that these individuals have. It's like, "Hey, there's something that's not mine, that somebody worked hard to buy... I know! I'll take it!" How do those people feel good about themselves? What makes me feel good is to work and save for something, so when I get it I know what it's worth. I own a lot of expensive music gear, and I paid for most of it myself, except for the pickups in one guitar and one bass. They were gifts. When I was 17 I saved up for this really sweet Fender P-Bass, and every week I cashed my paycheck and gave half of it to the music store that was holding it for me. It was my pride and joy because it took me so long to pay for it, even though the Jazz Bass I modded sounded better. You can imagine how angry I felt when it got stolen. It's not right, and I just can't understand what drives somebody to steal from somebody else.
mariobro
DCEmu Cool Poster
DCEmu Cool Poster

Post by mariobro »

ALWAYS include a decent alarm in your system budget. When I used to install systems for a living, people were always reluctant to spend a little cash on an alarm. Of course, it won't guarantee your system will never be stolen, but it's an effective deterrent. Thieves just see a blinking LED, and they'll go to the next car that doesn't have an alarm. Thieves are like electricity, they take the path of least resistance.

Also, don't advertise your system. You know, lots of stickers, crankin' it up near your home, showing it off to the wrong people, etc.
"Until I finally made it, life was kinda hit or miss...
And I'd love to talk philosophy, but I gotta take a piss"
-David Lee Roth
saber07
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by saber07 »

GOOD NEWS!!!! Some kid came forward today after he heard the announcement over the school innercom that my system got stolen. He told me the two guys that did it, and does not want to accept the $100 reward either, he's a true friend. Im gonna sue the *#@! out of these 2 kids that stole it, one of thems 18 too. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
Silence is Golden
Skater_dusto
DCEmu Cool Poster
DCEmu Cool Poster

Post by Skater_dusto »

Ahh man that's awesome news! I'd sue those little bastards also! I don't know how people could steal so easily... I can't even steal a damn candy bar from a corner store! I'd feel way too guilty. I've contemplated it but it's still someone else's property.

Hope those dicko's get what they desearve... and them some. :)
BornStupid
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by BornStupid »

they get charged with break and enter and theft under $5000. Big fukkin deal. If first time offense, probably no jail time. Second off, you have no real evidence... maybe one witness report, but that may not be enough. A good lawyer will get the 2 out of this mess, you will only get to sue if the judgement is guilty, and your court/lawyer costs will stop you from suing most likely. Also, I don't think you know how the system works.. court takes a LONG time man.. expect months of time, and multiple court dates. And also, most people have no idea what they're syaing, thieves most likely would not take a car system to a pawn shop, much better ways to sell your $hit. I live in a bad area lol, lots of people have experience with the courts here. So anyways, int he long run, most likely, it's you who lost.
WhtCastle
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter

Post by WhtCastle »

Bah Audiobahn has hella weak shit. They look nice on paper but man oh man they don't match the numbers. (None that I have come across anyways)

As for the theft: That sucks really bad. If anyone ever, EVER stole my setup, they would be one hurt person. (Assuming I had a car at the moment to put it in) mmmm I have so much hate for those that steal, but especially those who would steal a car stereo.... :x :evil:
/WhtCastle
404NotFound
DCEmu Ex-Mod
DCEmu Ex-Mod

Post by 404NotFound »

They could get fingerprints perhaps? I dunno..

5000 IS a big deal. Around here I think that anything over 300 dollars is a felony.
saber07
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by saber07 »

Well, these 2 kids are just High School students, not bright ones either. I may not sue, but they are going to get felony charges and I will either get my system back, or get the retail money
Silence is Golden
BornStupid
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by BornStupid »

Well, these 2 kids are just High School students, not bright ones either. I may not sue, but they are going to get felony charges and I will either get my system back, or get the retail money
That is IF they get convicted. And yes, prints are a possibility, but if they were smart and didn't leave prints then there's gonna be a hard time convicting them.
404NotFound
DCEmu Ex-Mod
DCEmu Ex-Mod

Post by 404NotFound »

BornStupid wrote:
That is IF they get convicted. And yes, prints are a possibility, but if they were smart and didn't leave prints then there's gonna be a hard time convicting them.
they resulted to stealing a freaking stereo... how smart can they be?