Gamecube Vrs Dreamcast

This forum is for discussion pertaining to homebrew and indie software for the Dreamcast, such as homebrew games, emulators/interpreters, and other homebrew software/applications. Porting requests and developmental ideas are not to be made here; you can make those here. If you need any help burning discs for homebrew software, this is the place to ask as well.
Jeeba Jabba
Jeeba Jabba
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by Jeeba Jabba »

The Kron wrote: Image
Mr Gates utilises the xbox modem to check his bank balance.

lol good one i have to say
"He who cannot draw on 3,000 years is living hand-to-mouth." -Goethe
Chainfist
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Why Spend the $$$?

Post by Chainfist »

[quote="Jeeba Jabba"]
[quote="Chainfist"]
GAME CUBE: $299
PS2: $399
XBOX: $499 (Plus the $100 Microsoft is apparently losing per system)
DC: $50

You can't be this stupid...

Xbox-$299
PS2-$299
GC-$199
DC-$50

Damn, have you been in a cave or do you have down-syndrome?

SORRY DUDE! THESE ARE CANADIAN PRICES I LISTED. ALSO THEY INCLUDE A BUNDLED GAME (WHY CANT I JUST GET THE SYSTEM BY ITSELF UP HERE ANYHOW?)
Jeeba Jabba
Jeeba Jabba

Post by Jeeba Jabba »

Couldnt you import some stuff from the US?
guardian
DCEmu Cool Newbie
DCEmu Cool Newbie

Post by guardian »

Loo... Xb0x, they just crap but, hey! although i hate it, and so does all my beloved friends here, Microsoft decision to enter the console market CAN make differences. What is it, who cares (well, at least i'm not)

Back to the discussion, have anybody ever played Super Puyo-Puyo on SNES? It was CLASS!! :lol:

So thay's why DC IS powerful and better than GC. Hopefully we can get access to recordable disc that GC use,then they're equavalent, because the cube dont have Shenmue I and II :wink:

-Edited by The Kron (Please dont use the abbrieviation GCN it sounds lame and is something IGNorance.com came up with)
i'm cool, especially when i want to be so..
discostu55555
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by discostu55555 »

hey, i call it gcn also 8^[
i dont know if ign calls it that, but thats what all the early nintendo press releases called it (all the spaceworld stuff) so i figured that like "psx", it doesnt make sense to me, but i guess it did to someone in the company, so thats what i called it...
Heliophobe_
Smeg Creator
Smeg Creator

Post by Heliophobe_ »

-Edited by The Kron (Please dont use the abbrieviation GCN it sounds lame and is something IGNorance.com came up with)
What in the god damn hell should it matter that you don't like the abbreviation? Post your opinion on the matter if you like, but there's no reason to go around changing people's posts to enforce an opinion.

And if you hadn't noticed, that's the abbreviation Nintendo are using:

http://www.nintendo.com/systems/gcn/gcn_overview.jsp

(see the "GCN Specs" graphic, if the URL itself isn't telling enough)
The Kron_

Post by The Kron_ »

Disco I went to the Spaceworld expo in Japan as part of my Job, In no way was the word GCN used.

It may have been reported like that by the US media, but in logical thinking the whole GCN (I honestly hate typing that abbrieviation IT FEELS WRONG!) is a non starter, Im sure its a US thing that has steam rolled out of proportion.

Kron (AAGCNAU)
Association Against GCN Abbrieviation Usage :x

-Edit 2. Ive just noticed Heliophobes post (seems like like its definately a US only term then, No reference to it in any UK or JPN press releases)

What the bloody hell were they thinking???
Heliophobe_
Smeg Creator
Smeg Creator

Post by Heliophobe_ »

The Kron wrote: -Edit 2. Ive just noticed Heliophobes post (seems like like its definately a US only term then, No reference to it in any UK or JPN press releases)

What the bloody hell were they thinking???
Maybe that NGC makes people think of the Neo Geo (or Neo Geo Pocket Color), and GC could be confused with Gameboy Color, and nobody uses GCN for anything else in the game console world?

I don't particularly like the abbreviation either (although it's starting to grow on me), but the point is that I don't want to see a post of mine editted because your opinions differ from mine. Rules are rules, and that's not one of them.

I will also continue to refer to Segas first 16-bit console as the "Genesis" as well, even though THAT'S A US ONLY TERM OMG HOW LAME!.

Hope you don't mind. KTHXBYE.
DeGamer1
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by DeGamer1 »

Katana wrote: You really can't compare a DC to anything.... it came inbetween everybodys other systems..... so it really can't be compared to any other system fairly.
An excellent point. It seems that only Katana and Tails understand this, God knows why :roll:

Also I made a post as to why the PS2 and the XBox might fail a while back but it was deleted along with a bunch of thers in the main forum. I won't say why again because people might start a HUGE arguement, but I think Heliophobe know what I'm talking about.
Heliophobe wrote: I have nearly incontrovertable evidence that the XBox will fail, to be revealed at a later time.
Oh, no. NO! You can't do this to me. Don't give me a playstation. NOOOOOOOOOO! I don't want a piece of crap. Take it back and burn it to heeelll!!! Die Sony Computer Entertainment with you PS (Piece of Sh?t) and your PS 2 (Piece of Sh?t?2)
Heliophobe_
Smeg Creator
Smeg Creator

Post by Heliophobe_ »

Also I made a post as to why the PS2 and the XBox might fail a while back but it was deleted along with a bunch of thers in the main forum. I won't say why again because people might start a HUGE arguement, but I think Heliophobe know what I'm talking about.
I'm not sure what your reason is, but I plan to provide damning photographic evidence about the immanent failure of the XBox, as soon as I can.
discostu55555
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by discostu55555 »

In no way was the word GCN used
well all the press releases that nintendo let out at space world referred to it as gcn (just as nintendo still is reffering to it as), and whether you saw it or not, it was in use at (and since) that time by the maker of the system, so even if you dont like it, too bad, thats the "official" abbreviation 8^]
althogh that doesnt mean *too* much, i mean the offical GBA abbreviation is AGB, but no one seems to care and GBA is used far more often....
Jeeba Jabba
Jeeba Jabba

Post by Jeeba Jabba »

guardian wrote: Loo... Xb0x, they just crap but, hey! although i hate it, and so does all my beloved friends here, Microsoft decision to enter the console market CAN make differences. What is it, who cares (well, at least i'm not)

Back to the discussion, have anybody ever played Super Puyo-Puyo on SNES? It was CLASS!! :lol:

So thay's why DC IS powerful and better than GC. Hopefully we can get access to recordable disc that GC use,then they're equavalent, because the cube dont have Shenmue I and II :wink:

Wow someone flunked Grammar...
The Kron_

Post by The Kron_ »

Heliophobe, Genesis isnt the US abbrieviation is it? its what that system is actually called!

And the Guys post I edited is from the UK and should know better by now than to use the "American only" Abbrieviation (but accepted it is the guys choice, I guess everyone missed the post I made a few months back when I jokingly said I was going to change all the GCN's to GC!) and ending a post with KTHXBYE is incredibly ignorant and reflects badly on your part.

Disco I dont know what expo you are thinking of...but its deff not the spaceworld one of 2000.

If you can show me a copy/example of a press release that actually states its from the correct date of the SW expo then id eat my words.

But I guarantee you that its a US marketing idea that isnt being taken by the Japanese or the UK markets.
Heliophobe_
Smeg Creator
Smeg Creator

Post by Heliophobe_ »

The Kron wrote: Heliophobe, Genesis isnt the US abbrieviation is it? its what that system is actually called!
And Nintendo of America actually calls the Gamecube 'GCN' on their site.

I guess everyone missed the post I made a few months back when I jokingly said I was going to change all the GCN's to GC!)
Apparently not a joke because you are actually doing it.

and ending a post with KTHXBYE is incredibly ignorant and reflects badly on your part.
Ignorance of what? Ignorance of how to spell "Okay, thanks, bye?"

No, it was another 'incorrect' abbreviation that you wouldn't approve of. Which I wrote to irritate you.

It reflects on me that I am irritable and cranky.
NiGHTSFTP
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by NiGHTSFTP »

Heliophobe wrote:
The Kron wrote: Heliophobe, Genesis isnt the US abbrieviation is it? its what that system is actually called!
And Nintendo of America actually calls the Gamecube 'GCN' on their site.

I guess everyone missed the post I made a few months back when I jokingly said I was going to change all the GCN's to GC!)
Apparently not a joke because you are actually doing it.
and ending a post with KTHXBYE is incredibly ignorant and reflects badly on your part.
Ignorance of what? Ignorance of how to spell "Okay, thanks, bye?"

No, it was another 'incorrect' abbreviation that you wouldn't approve of. Which I wrote to irritate you.

It reflects on me that I am irritable and cranky.
Bwahahaha. I just love when there is a good argument. Hahaha.
Signatures images may be no greater than cock pixels high by dick pixels wide in dimension and balls kilobytes in filesize. Multiple images may be wang, but in total they may not exceed the johnson specifications.
Jeeba Jabba
Jeeba Jabba

Post by Jeeba Jabba »

kthxbye
guardian
DCEmu Cool Newbie
DCEmu Cool Newbie

Post by guardian »

Yeah, i flunked my grammar lessons :oops: , but at least i wouldnt flush my money just to play Halo.

No offend, Halo is great. Its just that it's so PC-ic. So does xBoX...
Rand Campbell
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

XBOX

Post by Rand Campbell »

I cant wait to start playing all those japeneese/anime style rpg's on the xbox!!! HAHAHA!!! In that case the same goes for the Gamecube. I havent bought a ps2 yet but it is the only one that has decent rpgs.

Rand Campbell
Jeeba Jabba
Jeeba Jabba

Post by Jeeba Jabba »

guardian wrote:No offend

I dont think English is your native language is it?
guardian
DCEmu Cool Newbie
DCEmu Cool Newbie

Post by guardian »

Yeah, not hard to tell, isn't it? but some people just miss the point and make my life hard...

hmmph..oh, well.. shite happen :roll: