Saving with DC Quake

Talk about Quake, Doom, Wolfenstein 3D, or other DC first person shooting game ports and mods for those games in here.
DCemuN00B
DCEmu Junior
DCEmu Junior
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Saving with DC Quake

Post by DCemuN00B »

The DC quake save files are huge, and I only have 2 VMU's that I can use to save. I don't have enough room on both to have a save on each, so what do I do, since you can't overwrite your save file? I save, then I load it, and I can no longer save after that. Any suggestions? I read about a program to shrink the save file, but the URL is not working.
TheDumbAss
QuakeDev Mod
QuakeDev Mod

Post by TheDumbAss »

Fragger's popular JoyMenu mod has a small save mod built into it. Using it you can get your saves so small you could fit a good number in the same space as your single standard save. It should do what your wanting plus add a lot of other things you may like.

With all these small save mods there is the slight issue that you have to restart the level you save on from the start rather than the position you stand when you save as with the standard save. This isnt that big of a deal really though.

You can get JoyMenu from Fragger's site: http://www.thefragger.hpg.ig.com.br/index.htm
My old Sig was broken. Enter the new Sig!
DCemuN00B
DCEmu Junior
DCEmu Junior

Thanks

Post by DCemuN00B »

Thank you. It's a small adjustment, but i'm willing to make it. Thanks a lot.
RenoRulez
DCEmu Crazy Poster
DCEmu Crazy Poster

Post by RenoRulez »

Mhhh i have another problem:

I can save my games on my VMU in Dc Quake, but it doesn?t work to load them ;=(