Shuting Down Soon?

This forum is for discussion pertaining to homebrew and indie software for the Dreamcast, such as homebrew games, emulators/interpreters, and other homebrew software/applications. Porting requests and developmental ideas are not to be made here; you can make those here. If you need any help burning discs for homebrew software, this is the place to ask as well.
s?lidsnake
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Shuting Down Soon?

Post by s?lidsnake »

I'm just wondering, is DCemulation.com gonna shut down soon, as it says..
We are the light in the darkness.
To Consolevision.com
at the top of the Forums page? :(
MGS2 Demo-Japanese
GAME OVER
"Snaka', Snaka', SNAAKAA!"
Veggita2099
Janitor 2nd Class
Janitor 2nd Class

Post by Veggita2099 »

I think that means something else. What it means I don't know?
Katana_

Post by Katana_ »

look at the counter everytime you come to this site...... he ain't closing it! Trust me!
Last edited by Katana_ on Wed Jan 09, 2002 1:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
007Cheater
Founder and Ex-Admin
Founder and Ex-Admin

Post by 007Cheater »

Money has nothing to do with it, I am not about to shut down a site I put lots of effort into, and also its booming big time, once again im not about to shut it down and if money was the reason I am doing it, I wouldn't be working in real life.
discostu55555
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by discostu55555 »

um, but i thought you werent working in real life?
Dr Zoidberg
The Filth
The Filth

Shuting Down Soon?

Post by Dr Zoidberg »

s?lidsnake wrote: I'm just wondering, is DCemulation.com gonna shut down soon, as it says..
We are the light in the darkness.
To Consolevision.com
at the top of the Forums page? :(
Basically Sin-Tex wanted a link to CV on one of the board styles so he could get to it quicker, I don't think it'll be added to any others & it won't be on the default one. So no, the site isn't shutting down.
Katana_

Post by Katana_ »

007Cheater wrote: Money has nothing to do with it, I am not about to shut down a site I put lots of effort into, and also its booming big time, once again im not about to shut it down and if money was the reason I am doing it, I wouldn't be working in real life.

I didn't really mean it as your all about money i was using that as this site was and is doing fine and its not shutting down, i shall take away my last comment, sorry 007
Van_Lardo
DCEmu Hanger On
DCEmu Hanger On

Post by Van_Lardo »

Let's face it: there's no chance that this site will be shut down in the near (or indeed 'distant') future. There are still sites for Spectrums and Commodore 64's and the world of emulation has never been as big as to be done on a home console. As far as I'm concerned the Dreamcast has made the dreams of owning emulators for more powerful and impressive games from previous formats.

In addition to this, there is a HUGE user base that is looking for new Dreamcast software seeing as how there are few games left to be released. Emulation (and the best site for it, this one) is the way of the future for the greatest console ever produced.

... I feel so patriotic all of a sudden...
Image http://www.geocities.com/vanlardo HELP! I CAN'T POST ANY MORE MESSAGES! I KEEP GETTING MESSAGES TELLING ME TO COME BACK LATER!
LyonHrt
Princess LyonHrt
Princess LyonHrt

What about from another source.....

Post by LyonHrt »

Personally i wouldn't like my site getting shut down, but you still have files on here that run the risk of it being so, (the web browsers, wince files in a leaked quakedc etc).

Your nearly there, just not quite, lets hope i don't see a shut down by IDSA next time i load it into my browser ;)
Dr Wily

Post by Dr Wily »

heh, and there was me thinking it was consolevision who recently got emailed by ID software asking them to remove copyrighted materials... :lol:
Huma79
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by Huma79 »

Nyarlathotep wrote: heh, and there was me thinking it was consolevision who recently got emailed by ID software asking them to remove copyrighted materials... :lol:
id soft made a mistake.. they already apologized. :P
Ex-Lead Administrator, DCemulation.com
Webmaster, Founder, Consolevision.com
Kami

Post by Kami »

I still think you should've demanded Doom 3 and Quake 4
Sin-Tex

Post by Sin-Tex »

Just to clear this up, i already have consolevision.com in my favorites but i wanted something faster. Since i,am in the dcemu forums a lot & i visit consolevision about 3 times a day i decided to add a link to on my black shadow theme.

No i did not do this in hopes that consolevision would add a link to dcemu & neither would i expect them to.

Just because one site adds a link to other does not mean thay should do the same.

It is upto that site if thay want to add a link, as it was not done as a link trade.
Matt Average
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by Matt Average »

I like gum
bonecrusher
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by bonecrusher »

if this site did shut down im sure there would be many successors to relive it up
such as zophar, dcvision and the others who have spawned the immages and data from here for their own use...
this site is pretty much the spawning grounds