Gamecube Vrs Dreamcast

This forum is for discussion pertaining to homebrew and indie software for the Dreamcast, such as homebrew games, emulators/interpreters, and other homebrew software/applications. Porting requests and developmental ideas are not to be made here; you can make those here. If you need any help burning discs for homebrew software, this is the place to ask as well.
The Kron_
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by The Kron_ »

Mr Gates utilises the xbox modem to check his bank balance.
s?lidsnake
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by s?lidsnake »

LOL!!
MGS2 Demo-Japanese
GAME OVER
"Snaka', Snaka', SNAAKAA!"
Yoshimashin
DCEmu Cool Newbie
DCEmu Cool Newbie

Post by Yoshimashin »

Like i said before... i HAVE XBOX and gamebube. XBOX is ok but isent as great as GC or PS2.the games are great on gamebube and the only good games xbox has is DOA3 which is getting ported,and halo,but it gets old fast.The controller is way to huge in my opinion. "mr" gates will soon be... uhhh how to state this... no longer here after my rain of new software commences!!! my company MacroHard? Doors? is going to rule! and that shitty aol too but thats later... but anyway gamebube is better... WAY better... (the up about XBOX is that Simpsons Road Rage and max payne loads faster than ps2...thats it)
PANDAS WILL RULE THE WORLD!!
Jeeba Jabba
Jeeba Jabba

Post by Jeeba Jabba »

Katana wrote:
Yoshimashin wrote: XBOX sucks ass

Personaly iagree, the x-box bothers the hell out of me because its bigger then a friggin laptop and any other system on the market...hard drive or not... Bill Gates monopoly pisses me off more so i dislike it because of certain feelings i have toward the company.
Gamecube i think is the future of gaming.... small, reasonable price and ... well nintendo games and Sonic Team games.... i can't go wrong there.

Whats an x-box? Never heard of it.... I have an Xbox though
"He who cannot draw on 3,000 years is living hand-to-mouth." -Goethe
Jeeba Jabba
Jeeba Jabba

Post by Jeeba Jabba »

Katana wrote:
Yoshimashin wrote: XBOX sucks ass

Personaly iagree, the x-box bothers the hell out of me

Whats an x-box? Never heard of it.... I have an Xbox though

Lesson: Never dis a system if you can't even spell it's name.
Katana_

Post by Katana_ »

oh boo hoo, i'll fix the bloody spelling..... i still think the XBOX isn't anything i would want, due to the fact Bill Gates sucks major A$$. Any way I'd rather have a "lunchCube" over that blasted suitcase xbox. Wait i shouldn't even fret, look whose attacking me
Chainfist
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Why Spend the $$$?

Post by Chainfist »

GAME CUBE: $299
PS2: $399
XBOX: $499 (Plus the $100 Microsoft is apparently losing per system)
DC: $50

Is Game Cube going to fall to the side like the Dreamcast? Will the price tag on the PS2 ever drop? Why is the XBOX cost more than a superior PC?

Why should I bother spending so much cash on these systems? What am I risking if my system of choice becomes the next DC? A $50 Game Cube next year?

At this present time I'd likely just buy a $500 PC that can murder any of these systems or buy a $50 DC and $450 worth of inexpensive DC games.
Holly Hasney
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by Holly Hasney »

Tails Prower wrote: *BUZZER* WRONG!!!! Do you know how many people slept outside stores to buy Xbo-xes? LOTS! And theres no way you will ever stop the millions of Microsoft Cult Members from supporting the Evil Empire. You cannot stop it you mortal fool. We ARE Microsoft, resistance is futile!
The import store I used to work at had a line outside for XBo-xs... however, 25% of people gave them back saying they were crap :) Anyone want a 2nd hand XBo-x, they are having trouble selling em :lol:

(And I'll spell XBo-x however I damn like! :))
Katana_

Post by Katana_ »

GameCube shall not fail, it will catch up by fall next year when Sega releases sonic adv 2 and PSO and other goodies, Nintendo shall win
Holly Hasney
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Why Spend the $$$?

Post by Holly Hasney »

Chainfist wrote: GAME CUBE: $299
The look on a sons face when you don't buy him all 4... priceless

The Kron_

Post by The Kron_ »

Chainfist wrote:At this present time I'd likely just buy a $500 PC that can murder any of these systems
Whats the point in saying a comment like that when the PC Games market is as bad as it has ever been? Any sane person seriously interested in playing more than 2 different game genres will instantly dismiss the PC as a gaming platform, Whats the point in having the power if its not utilised????

At the end of the day people can shout system specs all they want!, but in the end its the games that matter!
Jeeba Jabba
Jeeba Jabba

Why Spend the $$$?

Post by Jeeba Jabba »

Is Game Cube going to fall to the side like the Dreamcast? Will the price tag on the PS2 ever drop? Why is the XBOX cost more than a superior PC?

Why should I bother spending so much cash on these systems? What am I risking if my system of choice becomes the next DC? A $50 Game Cube next year?

At this present time I'd likely just buy a $500 PC that can murder any of these systems or buy a $50 DC and $450 worth of inexpensive DC games.

You can't be this stupid...

Xbox-$299
PS2-$299
GC-$199
DC-$50

Damn, have you been in a cave or do you have down-syndrome?

And here's a simple demonstration of my opinion: Image
Heliophobe_
Smeg Creator
Smeg Creator

Why Spend the $$$?

Post by Heliophobe_ »

ERrm, are these canadian prices? It's $199/$299/$299/$49ish in the US.

I have nearly incontrovertable evidence that the XBox will fail, to be revealed at a later time.
Holly Hasney
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by Holly Hasney »

What is it Heliophone? Is it that the games a crap :lol: :)
The Kron_

Post by The Kron_ »

Its probably more due to the fact that all the major retail outlets in Japan are not going to stock the Xbox, and the ones that do have so far got incredibly low pre-orders.

Check the latest issue of Japans Famitsu magazine.
Heliophobe_
Smeg Creator
Smeg Creator

Post by Heliophobe_ »

Hollywood Hasney wrote: What is it Heliophone? Is it that the games a crap :lol: :)
It has nothing to do with the games. The actual reason for it's failure might be partly my fault.
Holly Hasney
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by Holly Hasney »

If I was to come out with the best game system ever, I serioulsy doubt that Japan would want it...... they are too damn snobby about stuff coming from Japan for Japan in the way of games ;)
s?lidsnake
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by s?lidsnake »

Yeah I think those prices are in Canadian Dollars, but the PS2 and Xbox are $450 no $399, well at least not were im living.
MGS2 Demo-Japanese
GAME OVER
"Snaka', Snaka', SNAAKAA!"
MagnetoMan
DCEmu Junior
DCEmu Junior

history

Post by MagnetoMan »

DC is going down pop culture style

like COM64
and ATARI

if you wanna compare GC to DC why not compare DC to Nin64. hmm

im gonna hand mine down to my kids and be like...
"i know all your friends are playing the playstation17, but heres the old DC, fire that sucker up...."

entranced by the loud hum of the dcfan...

theres no way in hell im going to cough up 400+ dollars for a new system when i can have a DC and every game w/ 4 controllers vmus and jump packs for that much...
Katana_

Post by Katana_ »

You really can't compare a DC to anything.... it came inbetween everybodys other systems..... so it really can't be compared to any other system fairly.