Sega and Sammy merging

Talk about anything and everything not related to this site or the Dreamcast, such as news stories, political discussion, or anything else. If there's not a forum for it, it belongs in here. Also, be warned that personal insults, threats, and spamming will not be tolerated.
Sir Slash
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by Sir Slash »

Man i don't see it working... kinda like the bandai merger with sega
WELCO
ME
TOT
HE
NEX
T
LEVEL

mkjones
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter

Post by mkjones »

Better M$ than $ony.
I TOTALLY agre :-)

Sammy and Sega merge, Microsoft buy the new company, take over the world..

the X-Dreamcast
Dust on the Dreamcast
mkjones
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter

Post by mkjones »

sorry, but ive looked around on the net and what the hell is a "Pachinko machine"
Dust on the Dreamcast
perry
Tha DCEmu Pimp Daddy
Tha DCEmu Pimp Daddy

Post by perry »

Nah honestly if I had a choice between who had the monopoly it would be MS. However remember that monopoly is bad. No competition = The monopoly doing whatever the hell they like without really having to think about the actual gamers.

Darc & Treyday : It says both statements. It says they don't want to loose the name Sega as it is a worldwide recognized name, it also says they are going to decide ona new name. Who knows, perhaps they haven't decided yet. Perhaps there are going to be sub-divisions such as Sega Studios name on games, Sammy something or other on machines. It says both so there isn't no real way of telling. Peronsally I would rather they kept the name Sega...even fi it's just cause it's recognized.
In the words of Q-Tip : Looking for vibes or positivity, not negativity / 'Cause we gotta strive for longevity by online gaming
toastman
Iron Fist of Justice
Iron Fist of Justice

Post by toastman »

Pachinko is something like a cross between pinball and something else I really cant remember at the moment. My head is a bit foggy from lack of sleep. I think it's a slot machine.
No signature.
pixel
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by pixel »

perry2175 wrote:Nah honestly if I had a choice between who had the monopoly it would be MS. However remember that monopoly is bad. No competition = The monopoly doing whatever the hell they like without really having to think about the actual gamers.
THANK YOU :cry:
Pachinkos:
You pay money to send little metal balls up to the top of the machine, then they fall through the machine and (hopefully) land in a hole of high value.[/img]
Last edited by pixel on Fri Feb 14, 2003 9:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
butters
Classic Games Lover
Classic Games Lover
Location: Lubbock, Texas, United States, Sol 3, Milky Way Galaxy

Post by butters »

How about Samsega.
mkjones
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter

Post by mkjones »

man those Pachinkos look lame! they have something like em in the UK on old seaside peirs, im loosin faith!
Dust on the Dreamcast
Cless
DCEmu Cool Poster
DCEmu Cool Poster

Post by Cless »

mkjones wrote:man those Pachinkos look lame! they have something like em in the UK on old seaside peirs, im loosin faith!
Yeah they may not be the coolest looking things but they draw in tons of money. People play them so damn much its not funny. I couldnt understand why people where sitting there playing those thing and strip hentai instead of like Virtual Fighter 4.
Sultan of Saturn
DCEmu Ex-Mod
DCEmu Ex-Mod

Post by Sultan of Saturn »

I think it is a good strategic move for both companies. I really do not know about Sega producing more arcade games unless the idea is to port them to home consoles as well. Atomiswave was simply Sammy's low-cost collaboration with Sega to build a "budget" Naomi system. If anything, Sega will continue to build for arcade systems like Chihiro and maybe Naomi 2 just because of Virtua Fighter 4. However, with respect to the console front, I really don't see it as going to make a big splash. Sammy simply publishes other companies titles like Arc Systems Guilty Gear X and XX, as well as Ecole's Death Crimson OX, and Gallerian's Ash (I think that is the name of the new PS2 game). If anything, I think that they should maintain both respective names and logos in one Sega-Sammy or Sammy-Sega.
Formerly Known As "Chalavet".....
TreyDay
DCEmu Mega Poster
DCEmu Mega Poster

Post by TreyDay »

How about Saggy?
You don't work, you don't eat.
You don't grind, you shine.
-Mike Jones

281-330-8004, when someone picks up, ask for Mike Jones!

"It's [TreyDay] baby, I'm stackin my cheddar/plus I'm packin mo' heat than a Bill Cosby sweater"
Cless
DCEmu Cool Poster
DCEmu Cool Poster

Post by Cless »

S&SAI would be nice. Sega & Sammy Arcade Incoporated.
mmboy
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by mmboy »

If they change their name ill die, but, they wont, seeing that Sammy is just a gehy name and Sega is recognized by so many...
sig down :( gehy boomspeed... any1 wanna host it? where could i host it?
Master Higgins
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life

Post by Master Higgins »

Sega and Sammy and SNK and Capcom all need to merge :o drewls...
That would be the coolest thing ever especially if they bought the rights to Square games and DBZ AND MADE A NEW SYSTEM!!!!! [DREWLS SOME MORE]
WiseMonkey
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by WiseMonkey »

In reply to all these people worring about a name change, Sega and Sammy need to meet in order to to determie the new full name of the parent company. The regional devisions will most likely stay the same(sega of america, japan, europe). The names that will change are sammy inc. and sega enterprises ltd., and since sega is a world recognised name, that will prolly stay in the new name. I predict Sega-Sammy Amusments LTD.
"Wise monkey knows not to monkey around with another monkey's monkey"- Wise Monkey
BlackAura
DC Developer
DC Developer

Post by BlackAura »

They would probably still release their games under the Sega name.
q_006
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by q_006 »

someone explain something to me.

ok a company like Sega who owned the world with Genesis now is fighting tooth and nail to make a buck (take that to be literal). how can that be?

i mean Sega has enough classic games that they can put out and become top notch games. they said that they're leaving the hardware business so they can cut their losses and earn more profit. now they're a software only company and still are "cutting 2002-2003 profit forecasts by 90%". how so?

i just can't understand how a company which such great talent, software, and games have such a hard time keeping afloat.....
Master Higgins
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life

Post by Master Higgins »

Well I don't think they are doing so bad I imagone that the DC was a much bigger success than the nintendo 64. It is just that Sega expanded too quickly too fast. The Genesis was a huge success but ten they came out with CD and 32x and then saturn. When the saturn came out Sony had more or less dominated their niche in the industry, SEGA could probably keep on producing Arcade machines and only support the DC otherwise, like SNK but they are smart enough to know that they can make more money selling games than trying to get people to by their system with the enticement of games. I mean hell look at the NeoGeo if they had half a brain they would have ported all their the $300 MVS carts to dvds and GDs and made a killing on PS2, GC, XBOX and on DC(They did port a few).
Master Higgins
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life

Post by Master Higgins »

Imagine if Rockstar, Square and Konami came out with a system they would have all the games that made people buy the PS2 but people trust the PS so they would probably buy the PS2 for longevity sake and Rockstar, Square and Konami would be left out in the cold.
mkjones
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter

Post by mkjones »

Yeah they may not be the coolest looking things but they draw in tons of money. People play them so damn much its not funny. I couldnt understand why people where sitting there playing those thing and strip hentai instead of like Virtual Fighter 4.
WHAT! thats just sick!
ok a company like Sega who owned the world with Genesis now is fighting tooth and nail to make a buck (take that to be literal). how can that be?
you should REALLY read SegaBase for all the info as to why they are up shit creek without a paddle... http://www.atani-software.net/segabase/ read it, read it ALL!!
Well I don't think they are doing so bad
They are! they really are! its really sad :(
I imagone that the DC was a much bigger success than the nintendo 64
Nope, the N64 was a huge sucsess really... the dreamcast altho the best console around, was not... again, read SegaBase

Luckey Sega are STILL the largest Arcade games produces around 'phew!'
Dust on the Dreamcast