Sega and Sammy merging

Talk about anything and everything not related to this site or the Dreamcast, such as news stories, political discussion, or anything else. If there's not a forum for it, it belongs in here. Also, be warned that personal insults, threats, and spamming will not be tolerated.
Vlad Tepes
DCEmu Veteran
DCEmu Veteran
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Sega and Sammy merging

Post by Vlad Tepes »

I dunno if anybody has said anything about this, but I thought it was quite interesting...Sega and Sammy...who'd a thought it?

Click me! Click me!
Cless
DCEmu Cool Poster
DCEmu Cool Poster

Post by Cless »

Another awsome move for the both of them.
perry
Tha DCEmu Pimp Daddy
Tha DCEmu Pimp Daddy

Post by perry »

I don't really know who Sammy is so I don't have much of an opinion yet...though I don't think Sega merging with anyone at this point can be a bad thing. Possibly in the distant future we could see another console...

*Gets hopes up*
In the words of Q-Tip : Looking for vibes or positivity, not negativity / 'Cause we gotta strive for longevity by online gaming
toastman
Iron Fist of Justice
Iron Fist of Justice

Post by toastman »

Sammy is Guilty Gear.
That's about it.
No signature.
TreyDay
DCEmu Mega Poster
DCEmu Mega Poster

Post by TreyDay »

This is bad news. The company isn't going to be called Sega or Sammy; it's going to be some new name.
You don't work, you don't eat.
You don't grind, you shine.
-Mike Jones

281-330-8004, when someone picks up, ask for Mike Jones!

"It's [TreyDay] baby, I'm stackin my cheddar/plus I'm packin mo' heat than a Bill Cosby sweater"
|darc|
DCEmu Webmaster
DCEmu Webmaster

Post by |darc| »

TreyDay wrote:This is bad news. The company isn't going to be called Sega or Sammy; it's going to be some new name.
No...

The new company is likely to retain the name brand and library of Sega's beloved of characters and games, even while Sammy absorbs Sega's loss, Satori said.

"Sega's brand name is recognized worldwide, and it would be a shame to discard it," he added.
It's thinking...
TreyDay
DCEmu Mega Poster
DCEmu Mega Poster

Post by TreyDay »

|darc| wrote:
No...

The new company is likely to retain the name brand and library of Sega's beloved of characters and games, even while Sammy absorbs Sega's loss, Satori said.

"Sega's brand name is recognized worldwide, and it would be a shame to discard it," he added.
Naw....
The newly united company may absorb all of Sega's game-making subsidiaries, the reports said. Satomi added that it will form as either a merger or through the creation of a holding company that will integrate the companies' operations. Sega and Sammy plan to form an integration committee to decide the company's new name, Sega President Hideki Sato's role, and where the company will be headquartered. "We want Sega President Hideki Sato to remain one of the core management members after the integration," Satori added.
|darc|
DCEmu Webmaster
DCEmu Webmaster

Post by |darc| »

TreyDay wrote:
|darc| wrote:
No...

Naw....
The newly united company may absorb all of Sega's game-making subsidiaries, the reports said. Satomi added that it will form as either a merger or through the creation of a holding company that will integrate the companies' operations. Sega and Sammy plan to form an integration committee to decide the company's new name, Sega President Hideki Sato's role, and where the company will be headquartered. "We want Sega President Hideki Sato to remain one of the core management members after the integration," Satori added.
Well of course they're going to think about it, duh
It's thinking...
The Kron
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by The Kron »

Toasty wrote:Sammy is Guilty Gear.
That's about it.
Not really fair.

Sammy are the No1 developer of Pachinko machines in Japan, its a move to cement the future growth of the arcade industry in Japan and keep these 2 as the respective heads and main players of each corner of the market.

It probably will have 0 effect on Sega's videogame output for the home market, the only thing that may happen is Sammy may get Sega to develop games for their own Jamma hardware the Atomiswave (the Atomiswave hardware is a cartridge media Dreamcast for those that don't know) so you may get the rather ironic situation of Sega re-developing on Dreamcast based hardware.

Its a good move for both companies IMHO.
feels
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by feels »

Segammy! :wink:
TreyDay
DCEmu Mega Poster
DCEmu Mega Poster

Post by TreyDay »

|darc| wrote:
TreyDay wrote:
|darc| wrote:
No...

Naw....
Well of course they're going to think about it, duh
It doesn't say anything about thinking about changing the name. It says that they are going to form a committee to decide a new name for the company.
-Azathoth-
Jounin Shinobi
Jounin Shinobi

Post by -Azathoth- »

http://gamespot.com/gamespot/stories/ne ... 92,00.html

My eyes pretty much fell out of my head. :o

Sammy, the creators of such classics as *sarcasm* Amagon for NES. :evil:

A sad day indeed. Now would be the time to start buying up everything with SEGA on it. /me runs off to buy an Xbox and JSRF, Panzer Dragoon Orta, and Gunvalkyrie.
"Deviantart is the home of messed up emo kids"
Enki-14
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter

Post by Enki-14 »

The Kron wrote: Sammy are the No1 developer of Pachinko machines in Japan,
Thats what I just heard. I'm troubled by this. I hope all of the american programmers for sega go get jobs at microsoft game studios. Xbox needs good games. Plus, I just don't like the fact that sega will be making Pachinko machines again.
Cless
DCEmu Cool Poster
DCEmu Cool Poster

Post by Cless »

I think its a awsome move because they will pretty much own 82% of the arcade market of Japan. There both great arcade machine makers so making a home console would be great for them also.
|darc|
DCEmu Webmaster
DCEmu Webmaster

Post by |darc| »

TreyDay wrote: It doesn't say anything about thinking about changing the name. It says that they are going to form a committee to decide a new name for the company.
Deciding about something requires no thinking? Wow.
It's thinking...
pixel
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by pixel »

Enki-14 wrote:Thats what I just heard. I'm troubled by this. I hope all of the american programmers for sega go get jobs at microsoft game studios. Xbox needs good games. Plus, I just don't like the fact that sega will be making Pachinko machines again.
No offense, but if Microsoft controls the gaming industry, what will keep them in check? Who will be there to stop a monopoly from forming?
TreyDay
DCEmu Mega Poster
DCEmu Mega Poster

Post by TreyDay »

|darc| wrote:
TreyDay wrote: It doesn't say anything about thinking about changing the name. It says that they are going to form a committee to decide a new name for the company.
Deciding about something requires no thinking? Wow.
Oh, I thought you meant that they were going to think about changing the name. They are definately changing the name, according to the link.
Enki-14
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter

Post by Enki-14 »

tenchi wrote:
Enki-14 wrote:Thats what I just heard. I'm troubled by this. I hope all of the american programmers for sega go get jobs at microsoft game studios. Xbox needs good games. Plus, I just don't like the fact that sega will be making Pachinko machines again.
No offense, but if Microsoft controls the gaming industry, what will keep them in check? Who will be there to stop a monopoly from forming?
None taken. I just was a little ancy when I first heard the news on tv tonight. I hope that the merger wouldn't stop them from console releases. Remember, Sega says thier making a VF kind of game for the GC. I need a VF fix! But before you say buy a PS2, I prolly get one in the summer time, plus I read that sony may drop the price by the summer.. I needs to play Z.O.E.2. The new Tenchi looks nice as well.
fatheadpi
First Class Dick
First Class Dick

Post by fatheadpi »

Somebody's got to make sure $ony doesn't create a monopoly first. Better M$ than $ony.
Need a Treamcast, Dreamcast modchip, HUGE DC memory card, ASCII-like DC fighter pad, or Saturn Gameshark with tons of backup memory? PM me.
feels
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by feels »

fatheadpi wrote:
Somebody's got to make sure $ony doesn't create a monopoly first. Better M$ than $ony.
No way! Sony owns!