DcGen works poorly...why?

This forum is for discussion pertaining to homebrew and indie software for the Dreamcast, such as homebrew games, emulators/interpreters, and other homebrew software/applications. Porting requests and developmental ideas are not to be made here; you can make those here. If you need any help burning discs for homebrew software, this is the place to ask as well.
Topic Boy
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

DcGen works poorly...why?

Post by Topic Boy »

I've made a DCGen self booting cd with 500 roms using DC Factory. But the games don't work properly, even Sonic 1 is all messed up with no sound and chunky framerate. What can be the problem, did I burn it too fast (10x)? Help me out will ya? :|
biohazard
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

sorry

Post by biohazard »

I'm sorry, but that my friend, is DCGen.
Dr Zoidberg
The Filth
The Filth

Post by Dr Zoidberg »

It was still early in it's development, expecting it to be perfect after it's first release is unrealistic. Like most emu's, it would have improved over time, unfortunately that won't be happening with DCGen. :cry:

MOVED TO THE MAIN FORUM
Holly Hasney
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by Holly Hasney »

Although Lilmuckers claims to be improving it now :) but he is splitting the time between that and his secret projoect, "Project GibbonJive"
Topic Boy
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by Topic Boy »

I see, I got the impression from people that it worked fairly well. Guess they were wrong... :(
discostu55555
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by discostu55555 »

actually it does run relatively well... minus sound and in a window it runs just as fast (and in many cases faster) as some of the more well known emus (nesterdc, dreamsnes, etc) and it doesnt really suffer from any slowdown when put into fullscreen (although it does have that flickering bug), so id say its actually quite good, especially for a first release, but of course so many people have unrealistic expectations because they download pc emus that have been worked on continuously since 96 and expect that level of emulation from a year and a half old scene on a 200mHz sh4....
.::glu::.
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

Post by .::glu::. »

Hey, don't f*#@ with the godly sh-4. :lol:

DCGen is great for a first release. It runs close to full speed w/o sound (after hearing it why would you leave it on anyways?). Anyone remember the first release of DreamSNES. :roll: