pcsx-dc

Discussion of topics related to licensed games, software hacking/modification, prototypes, and development kits belongs here. Includes topics related to emulating the Dreamcast console on your computer or on another gaming console. Discussion of Reicast should go in the Official Reicast Forum.
mkjones
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by mkjones »

Lets see Gamegear was WAY better then the Gameboy
yeh, but the battery lasted like 30 secconds, and was as heavy as a house brick..
Sega CD allowed much bigger games with better quality sound then the SNES
Good point BUT they never did release any of these games did they? the Sega CD was a real waste of time, i know Sega wanted to jump ahead in the industry like they always wanna do (first internet, first cd-rom based, GD rom, etc) but it wasnt called for.
And the Saturn was built all around better then the PS1.
i agree, but again, the games let it down, if they had started work on the Saturn insted of the SegaCD we would have had an allround better system.

I know you made your point at the end, and i agree, but latey ive been trying to see the world NOT as a Sega fan, i mean people must have got so pissed off with all those "inovations" like the 32x that lasted like 6 months and had 2 games.

But after all this i still love em, then again i was too young to aford a SegaCD, 32x, Saturn or anything like that, yeh i could have got a Saturn around 97, but in the UK it was like it never came out...
Dust on the Dreamcast
reaper2k2
DC Developer
DC Developer

Post by reaper2k2 »

BAttrey lasted 30 sec my ass try 6 hours with good battreys what were you using in your game gear the old one's in your wall clock?
http://homebrew.dcemulation.com/dcgames/ *homebrew webbrowser games *

http://r2k2gate.topcities.com *dev site and my releases*
Im' a Commodorian are you?
DoomDan
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by DoomDan »

reaper2k2 wrote:BAttrey lasted 30 sec my ass try 6 hours with good battreys what were you using in your game gear the old one's in your wall clock?
he was tryin to say that the gg battery life is real short compared to gb's. it did kind of feel like 30 secs too, i hated the gg's battery life, n the batteries also made it so heavy. i used to always just use my genesis's ac adapter to play it. also, wastin 6 double batteries a lot wasnt too fun.
Last edited by DoomDan on Tue Feb 11, 2003 3:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hawq
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Hawq »

mkjones wrote:
yeh, but the battery lasted like 30 secconds, and was as heavy as a house brick..
Sure you're not thinking of the Atari Lynx?
mkjones wrote:
Good point BUT they never did release any of these games did they? the Sega CD was a real waste of time.
Sonic CD ring any bells?
The Prisoner - Makes NGE's ending look almost intelligible.
theres no-one else to blame

Bored? figure out where the above lines from. Answers
Veggita2099
Janitor 2nd Class
Janitor 2nd Class

Post by Veggita2099 »

mkjones wrote:
Good point BUT they never did release any of these games did they? the Sega CD was a real waste of time, i know Sega wanted to jump ahead in the industry like they always wanna do (first internet, first cd-rom based, GD rom, etc) but it wasnt called for.
And the Saturn was built all around better then the PS1.
i agree, but again, the games let it down, if they had started work on the Saturn insted of the SegaCD we would have had an allround better system.

I know you made your point at the end, and i agree, but latey ive been trying to see the world NOT as a Sega fan, i mean people must have got so pissed off with all those "inovations" like the 32x that lasted like 6 months and had 2 games.

But after all this i still love em, then again i was too young to aford a SegaCD, 32x, Saturn or anything like that, yeh i could have got a Saturn around 97, but in the UK it was like it never came out...
Oh I agree Id be pissed if I bought any of those systems when they was still full price. Well actually I did buy my GG at full price and hated it. I don't care about battery life, thats why they make AC adapters and Car Adapters. The only 2 games I really played and liked on Sega CD that wasn't available on other systems was Sega CD and Spiderman vs Kingpin. Mortal Kombat was good but the load time was bad. Both ecco games was good but they was also on Genesis with just of quality. I hear Lunar was good but its so rare few have played it unless they warezed it later on. 32X was a big waste even the good games on it didn't look any better then SNES games.

I still think the fall of the Saturn hurt Sega on the Dreamcast. a lot of people owned a Saturn, and invested hundreds of dollars in the games and hardware with it. I didn't get my Saturn till they was reduced though, same with my Sega CD and 32X. I ended up selling my GG for $50 with 2 games, AC adapter, and Car Adapter and it took a month to find anybody willing to buy it from me. In the end I do wish I had just kept it, but I was young and $50 was all I needed to get something I was wanting (forgot what it was).
az_bont
Administrator
Administrator

Post by az_bont »

Hawq wrote:
mkjones wrote:
Good point BUT they never did release any of these games did they? the Sega CD was a real waste of time.
Sonic CD ring any bells?
Although the sound was immense, as long as you had the JAP/EUR soundtrack and not the awful US one, the game didn't seem much bigger than most - it just had lots of repeated levels with different palettes. Still a bloody good game though :D .
Sick of sub-par Dreamcast web browsers that fail to impress? Visit Psilocybin Dreams!
spaghetti
DCEmu's #1 Cher fan
DCEmu's #1 Cher fan

Post by spaghetti »

az_bont wrote:
Hawq wrote:
mkjones wrote:
Sonic CD ring any bells?
Although the sound was immense, as long as you had the JAP/EUR soundtrack and not the awful US one, the game didn't seem much bigger than most - it just had lots of repeated levels with different palettes. Still a bloody good game though :D .
This is on my list of things I must acquire over the bodies of all who get in my way.
BlackAura
DC Developer
DC Developer

Post by BlackAura »

Only played the PC version, but Sonic CD is still a good game.

Which one's the US soundtrack anyway? The soundtrack on the Sonic CD disc is totally different to the one that came on the Sonic 3 and Knuckles disc (came with the screensaver that was on the disc, as a load of 11025Hz 8-bit wave files).
Lord_Ball
DCEmu Veteran
DCEmu Veteran

Post by Lord_Ball »

i bought another sega saturn the other day just so i could throw rocks at it....piece of crap. lets see,hmmmm also bought a segacd as well..didnt throw rocks at it..i use it for a toilet seat lid.....hmm that reminds me..got that spiffy game gear at BiG Jacks Pawn Shop also....i use it for an ashtray.well no one can say that i didnt atleast get something good out of that useless hardware sega swindled onto the market all those years back..
Well nobody makes you buy the systems (and if they did good for them). I own all of those systems and each one has definately been worth the money. Why? Because I bought the games that I found enjoyable and entertaining to play. Now to get me Panzer Dragoon Saga....
Chaniyth
DCEmu Super Poster
DCEmu Super Poster

Post by Chaniyth »

I have a sealed Sonic CD for Sega CD... don't wanna open it (possible collectors item?) so i'm looking for a mint condition used one. :D
All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a Thousand Enemies, and when they catch you, they will kill you... but first they must catch you.
Lartrak
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by Lartrak »

Snatcher and Lunar are the other two big releases for the Sega CD. I know someone who bought a Sega CD just for Lunar. This was about a month ago.
az_bont
Administrator
Administrator

Post by az_bont »

BlackAura wrote:Which one's the US soundtrack anyway? The soundtrack on the Sonic CD disc is totally different to the one that came on the Sonic 3 and Knuckles disc (came with the screensaver that was on the disc, as a load of 11025Hz 8-bit wave files).
The US soundtrack is the one entitled "Sonic Boom", and the main theme actually has words. At some point they go like this:

"You can run
You can fly
You can reach the other side
Of the window

It's alright
Take a chance
'Cause there is no circumstance
That you can't handle
When you use your mind

Sonic Boom! Sonic Boom!"

Or something like that. The title screen's alright, but the rest of the soundtrack is hideous compared to the up-beat, techno JAP/EUR one, although The Corrs did do some vocals. Go to http://www.sonicfoundation.org/music/soniccd/ and compare. Try the Boss music in particular - the US one is very spooky, but the JAP/EUR one has cool vocals that turned up on a Fatboy Slim Sample CD.
Sick of sub-par Dreamcast web browsers that fail to impress? Visit Psilocybin Dreams!
BlackAura
DC Developer
DC Developer

Post by BlackAura »

Well, it sounds like I have the US one. Actually, it doesn't sound as good as the other one.
Warmachine
DCEmu Veteran
DCEmu Veteran

Post by Warmachine »

hmm this has nothing to do with the actual subject.... Let me put it this way the only GREAT system that sega made was what I think was the Geneses. Had more games then snes and cooler ones also. Here is my 2 cents....

1. Sega started of making Slot machines (good money along time ago)
2. Genesis is out, Came out before snes and was one of MY favorite systems. Let me say one thing that has beening anyoing ths ?hit out of me IT WAS NOT THE FIRST 16 BIT SYSTEM(Turbo Grafx16 was)
3. Game Gear was released pretty good but people were getting ready for Gameboy color (lets face it smaller, its father(old grey gameboy)made a lot of money and hits, so people were sure it was a good system)
4. Saturn first cd disc i belive wasnt that great, released close to when genesis was hitting its peek and psx was getting hyped.
5. Dreamcast internet access and everything!! To late is was coming out when psx was being sold all over the world. PS2, X-Box, (not sure if game cube was being introduced, I think n64 was out then). People wanted to save money for those systems.

In conclusion.....

Nintendo = Lots of great systems and hit games, been in market for a long time.
Sony = PSX, been #1 seller and system for like 6 years.
Sega = Had some good games, most systems didnt make it far.

Only reason people might of liked SEGA is because it was always the first thing to come out with (internet,cd,etc)

I still like sega though and stuff.

I have Dreamcast, Genesis, Master System, Game Gear)
THIS IS MY OPION. SO DONT BITCH AT ME!! :D :D
:headbang: Dreamcast :headbang:
Cless
DCEmu Cool Poster
DCEmu Cool Poster

Post by Cless »

I gotta get the Japanese Sonic CD. The music is much better.
s700pid
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by s700pid »

Wow a wall clock with 6 batteries... :P All I remember about the GG was that it was way to expensive. They would have had to do something pretty amazing to dent the gameboy market, which they didn't.
Hang on what was the topic again?
Stupid is as Stupid posts
toastman
Iron Fist of Justice
Iron Fist of Justice

Post by toastman »

Warmachine wrote: 3. Game Gear was released pretty good but people were getting ready for Gameboy color (lets face it smaller, its father(old grey gameboy)made a lot of money and hits, so people were sure it was a good system)
4. Saturn first cd disc i belive wasnt that great, released close to when genesis was hitting its peek and psx was getting hyped.
The Gameboy Color wasn't release until the Game Gear was dust. A black and white handheld smoked that thing like no tomorrow.
And the SegaCD would have been the first CD based system.
No signature.
reaper2k2
DC Developer
DC Developer

Post by reaper2k2 »

Gameboy 1989 version is total utter crap i own one and it's complete rubbish you Cant even see the grafix from all the blurr and you have to make sure you not in the sun not in the light hold it at a angle and YOU may just be able to see it .

HEH! GO buy a 1989 gameboy it was huge as well and the screen was the worst of any machine ever .. TOOK 4 AA battrey's had no good games you could see

later when i got a supergameboy for my snes was the only time i could play my old gameboy games

sega game gear out classed it in every way B/W game boy was PROOF of what fanboyism mean's as i cant even play it today still its utter rubbish should of sold a lot less

THE game gear had a plug in TV adapter and then the game gear was a handheld TV and it worked great i know people at the time buying it just for the TV feature AND the mastersystem ADAPTER meant 200 more great games playable right on it

phansty star 1 shinibo shadow dancer shinningforce 3 and most of the megadrive range was on the game gear THERE's a lot for the game gear and its a shame nintendo killed it or it still be around now its good enff to compete

with the gameboy advance let alone a crap B/W or colour game boy that never had the grafix that the game gear could put out any ways thats my opionin so dont bitch at me like the other guy siad
http://homebrew.dcemulation.com/dcgames/ *homebrew webbrowser games *

http://r2k2gate.topcities.com *dev site and my releases*
Im' a Commodorian are you?
az_bont
Administrator
Administrator

Post by az_bont »

Warmachine wrote:Sega started of making Slots
And Nintendo started by making playing cards back in the 1800s.