MY system16 emu for DC has been warezEd

Talk about anything and everything not related to this site or the Dreamcast, such as news stories, political discussion, or anything else. If there's not a forum for it, it belongs in here. Also, be warned that personal insults, threats, and spamming will not be tolerated.
reaper2k2
DC Developer
DC Developer
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

MY system16 emu for DC has been warezEd

Post by reaper2k2 »

ISO System16 DC Beta 2: Os he puesto esta peque?a ISO de este emulador de System 16 para la consola Sega Dreamcast, en formato NERO, con 5 juegos (los ?nicos que me han funcionado m?s ? menos bien): Alex Kidd, Alien Syndrome, Altered Beast, Fantasy Zone y Shinobi. Tampoco os espereis gran cosa :-|. - Franxis

translation =I have put this up an ISO of this emulator System 16 for the console Sega dreamcast in format NERO, with 5 games (the only ones that have worked for me)

SOME guy on msn told me he is selling it as well shows you when you make some think to good it ends up warez

dam

ITS on warez sites around the net next to HL iso there's my emu

how RUDE! all my stuff is homebrew free ware dam it warez monkeys
http://homebrew.dcemulation.com/dcgames/ *homebrew webbrowser games *

http://r2k2gate.topcities.com *dev site and my releases*
Im' a Commodorian are you?
BornStupid
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by BornStupid »

how is it warez'ed if it's released for free? Do you just want attention or something? Selling isn't right, but putting it up with roms is no differnet then downloading the emu and then the roms differently.
Skater_dusto
DCEmu Cool Poster
DCEmu Cool Poster

Post by Skater_dusto »

Yeah, but they shouldn't have it all pre-packaged with roms and stuff. That's just bullshit. I'd feel so bad if I was a coder and I saw stuff like that going on.

Before you know it I could see this emulator being sold on ebay or on warez sites, etc. Makes me want to puke.
BornStupid
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by BornStupid »

Yeah, but they shouldn't have it all pre-packaged with roms and stuff. That's just poop. I'd feel so bad if I was a coder and I saw stuff like that going on.
Why? It means it got popular... you'll have to get roms which aren't exactly legal to get... having your emulator being chosen as the best one to throw in there shows something good...
People sell methods of making a million dollars on ebay... who cares? If they sell something you coded send an e-mail, don't get too upset about it... it's the roms that's being sold really.. the emu is just there because it was thought of being the best one. The point isn't that warez is ok, just that you can't be that upset by this.
Warmachine
DCEmu Veteran
DCEmu Veteran

Post by Warmachine »

Dude you dont know how it is. People take weeks or even months to make a hombrew game/emulator. Then some ass hole downloads it and probably takes credit or does show actual create name. Lets say you created a os (windows old version) and a stupid ass who didnt go to collage steals it from you.(not to say any name mr.bill gates) I think you would be mad because he took all the credit for your os which you didnt give permission to put up. So I know why reaper is mad.

p.s Sorry if i am coming up like a ass. not your fault. :D
:headbang: Dreamcast :headbang:
reaper2k2
DC Developer
DC Developer

Post by reaper2k2 »

THat point is the emu is legal with out roms and its breaking the law to combine it together

THEY even left RADsoft logos in the intro and it makes the RADsoft site look like a warez site which it is not i was told its being sold for money !

Mame source of any kind is protected if roms are included its very much illegal

SO thats why i dont include roms YOU dont have to download roms this emu is done for me if you download it and include roms then YOU are breaking the law its go nothing to do with me

When some site is including ROMS with it and saying its 100% perfect better then bleem from RADsoft it makes my site look like I did that and put it out with roms and i dont want to have people call my stuff illegal

emulators are not illegal roms are

WHICH we all know i do NOT DO t things like this i do not include roms with any of my work things like this can shut whole sites down

IF i get a email from a major firm then i will not do any more emulators any more

im a homebrew devver and have plan's to have games for sale one day

:D

BornStupid
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by BornStupid »

No one's gonna call your site illegal... who would you imagine doing this? Some newbie trying to get games off websites? Why do you care what an idiot that doesn't even know how to obtain backups properly thinks? Whenever you make an emu that's good, it's expected that it'll be packaged with roms, a LOT of dreamcast emus have been done like this (NES/SNES/etc). All I can think of is that it's best to just relax... what can you do? If big companies can't stop this, surely one coder can't either. But I DO understand your concern, just offering my POV.
perry
Tha DCEmu Pimp Daddy
Tha DCEmu Pimp Daddy

Post by perry »

BornStupid wrote:No one's gonna call your site illegal... who would you imagine doing this? Some newbie trying to get games off websites? Why do you care what an idiot that doesn't even know how to obtain backups properly thinks? Whenever you make an emu that's good, it's expected that it'll be packaged with roms, a LOT of dreamcast emus have been done like this (NES/SNES/etc). All I can think of is that it's best to just relax... what can you do? If big companies can't stop this, surely one coder can't either. But I DO understand your concern, just offering my POV.
Dude every time I read something from you it makes me wonder was it you who named yourself this or was it branded by some government somewhere who wanted to warn people...

The point is he spent God knows how long coding so that we, dreamcast users, could benefit. He knows a lot of emu's have had this done, but now it's being done to his. I personally would be pissed. He didn't say he can stop this, he just dosen't want people purchasing it then looking to his site for warez as his site is at the beggining of the emu.
In the words of Q-Tip : Looking for vibes or positivity, not negativity / 'Cause we gotta strive for longevity by online gaming
reaper2k2
DC Developer
DC Developer

Post by reaper2k2 »

thanks perry2175

siad nicely dude!

OneThirty8
Damn Dirty Ape
Damn Dirty Ape

Post by OneThirty8 »

Reaper, that's like a slap in the face. Nobody should make money off of your work unless you're selling them a license to it. And they shouldn't be packaging the ROMS with it either, because you're right, it makes you look like the warez monkey instead of them. You have every right to be upset about this.

My suggestion is that you make another splashscreen that says something similar to this, and include it as the first screen on every other emulator you release:

RAD software provides this emulator for free.

If you paid for this emulator, you were cheated.

We abide by copyright law. Therefore, RAD software

will never package ROMS with an emulator. If you

recieved this emulator packaged with ROMS,

RAD software is not and cannot be held responsible

for this apparent infringement of copyright.
Warmachine
DCEmu Veteran
DCEmu Veteran

Post by Warmachine »

I agree that sounds like a great idea.
:headbang: Dreamcast :headbang:
perry
Tha DCEmu Pimp Daddy
Tha DCEmu Pimp Daddy

Post by perry »

reaper2k2 wrote:thanks perry2175

siad nicely dude!
NP Brother.

yeah Like One Thirty said you should do that...but like, I tihnk it was DreamSnes that had 'If you paid for this emulator then you were cheated, it is free'. Something like that.
In the words of Q-Tip : Looking for vibes or positivity, not negativity / 'Cause we gotta strive for longevity by online gaming
spaghetti
DCEmu's #1 Cher fan
DCEmu's #1 Cher fan

Post by spaghetti »

I don't even know what System16 is.... :/
BlackAura
DC Developer
DC Developer

Post by BlackAura »

It's a 16-bit Sega arcade machine, similar to the Mega Drive, from the late 1980's and (maybe) early 1990's.

Has some well-known games that were later ported the the Mega Drive, like Shinobi, Fantasy Zone, Alex Kidd, Altered Beast...
spaghetti
DCEmu's #1 Cher fan
DCEmu's #1 Cher fan

Post by spaghetti »

Oh wow. How well does it play (on the DC, I mean)? /me hasn't tried a new emulator for the DC in a long time....
AmadeusZull
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by AmadeusZull »

can anyone pm the links to that latin site?

I am no longer an ACE@ite. Never will I kiss his feet is what I don't. And that I don't, is good I do.
spaghetti
DCEmu's #1 Cher fan
DCEmu's #1 Cher fan

Post by spaghetti »

/me knows who to hit up for roms later *cough*
reaper2k2
DC Developer
DC Developer

Post by reaper2k2 »

Hollywood Hasney wrote:SHocking, like every other emulator/peice of homebrew software before yours, it's ended up on illegal sites with ROMs :P
I have not scene any homebrew games on warez sites as for the other emulators they did not have there company logo on it and claim to run things it does not! and be claimed to be perfect!

I was told THEY are selling it and it sell's well I really dont care about other emulators H H this is my one

PEOPLE get killed every night to does that make it right :roll:
IF it happens to you then you feel it.

YOU condoning It ? why does it matter if it's been done before ?

WRONG=WRONG IF its been done before is redundent!

IT is a very good version so on one hand it shows it by ending up on warez sites next to HL iso

bizzle

Post by bizzle »

start putting a message on it that says, IF YOU BOUGHT THIS YOU WERE RIPPED OFF, AS IT IS FREEWARE!, AND IF YOU GOT IT PACKAGED WITH ROMS THEY WERENT FROM MY DEVELOPENT GROUP! make sure not to put it in the intro.png's or whatever, code a welcome screen into it so people cant take it out. I believe a version of Utopia has a thing about if you bought it you were ripped off too.
Nyarlathotep
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by Nyarlathotep »

Xylene wrote:I believe a version of Utopia has a thing about if you bought it you were ripped off too.
No it doesn't :?

DreamSNES does.....