Just bought SOul Calibur SEALED (did I get ripped off?)

Discussion of topics related to licensed games, software hacking/modification, prototypes, and development kits belongs here. Includes topics related to emulating the Dreamcast console on your computer or on another gaming console. Discussion of Reicast should go in the Official Reicast Forum.
Chaniyth
DCEmu Super Poster
DCEmu Super Poster
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Just bought SOul Calibur SEALED (did I get ripped off?)

Post by Chaniyth »

I paid $50.00 USD for it... well with shipping and states sales tax I paid $57.50 USD. Did I pay too much? It is brand new and still sealed after all. :lol:
All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a Thousand Enemies, and when they catch you, they will kill you... but first they must catch you.
Warmachine
DCEmu Veteran
DCEmu Veteran

Post by Warmachine »

It doesnt matter if sealed or not, just depends where you buy it from. Like here
:headbang: Dreamcast :headbang:
Rageoholic
DCEmu Fast Newbie
DCEmu Fast Newbie

Post by Rageoholic »

I bought mine for $20 new at ebgames.com MONTHS ago. (Sometime in mid 2002 I think). I think the amount you paid was the same price when it was released. Soul Calibur sold well so it took ages for that game to drop in price.
"I'm a rageoholic!...I'm addicted to rageohol!"
Chaniyth
DCEmu Super Poster
DCEmu Super Poster

Post by Chaniyth »

Well I have it unsealed, but lately my entire Dreamcast collection has been purchased brand new and sealed (of course I open them to play), I then take my game of the same game and sell it.

I do this to guarentee no scratches, perfect cases, and all inserts. :mrgreen:

I'm a real pain when it comes to videogame collecting, everything has to be mint, and include all inserts, and include the manual. :P :D
All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a Thousand Enemies, and when they catch you, they will kill you... but first they must catch you.
JuddWack
DCEmu Mega Poster
DCEmu Mega Poster

Post by JuddWack »

I would say you got ripped. Also there are places that do profesional resurfacing jobs for pretty cheap. Non of that disk doctor crap.
mmboy
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by mmboy »

I only paid $15 for it sealed in the summer, they had it ata music store in the mall, I almost crapped my self when I saw how cheap it was!
sig down :( gehy boomspeed... any1 wanna host it? where could i host it?
Cless
DCEmu Cool Poster
DCEmu Cool Poster

Post by Cless »

Yeah you got ripped off. The USA one goes for around $20 sealed new and the Japanese one goes for $30 or 15. I don't understand why sometimes the Jap one goes for more and then sometimes it goes really each.
Cless
DCEmu Cool Poster
DCEmu Cool Poster

Post by Cless »

kubyx wrote:Well I have it unsealed, but lately my entire Dreamcast collection has been purchased brand new and sealed (of course I open them to play), I then take my game of the same game and sell it.

I do this to guarentee no scratches, perfect cases, and all inserts. :mrgreen:

I'm a real pain when it comes to videogame collecting, everything has to be mint, and include all inserts, and include the manual. :P :D
Yeah I know what you mean. Don't you just hate you they have custom case's because once they get cracked the only way to fix it is to rebuy the damn game.
reaper2k2
DC Developer
DC Developer

Post by reaper2k2 »

I bought it brand NEW for $9 australia

ITS better then mint i never play it i have the game 2 times
http://homebrew.dcemulation.com/dcgames/ *homebrew webbrowser games *

http://r2k2gate.topcities.com *dev site and my releases*
Im' a Commodorian are you?
Veggita2099
Janitor 2nd Class
Janitor 2nd Class

Post by Veggita2099 »

I would say that was too much.
Wii number: 1227 6854 1080 3665
pHaDeD xP
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by pHaDeD xP »

yeah pretty got ripped, they sell it online for about 14.99 a copy (+shipping/tax)
Sultan of Saturn
DCEmu Ex-Mod
DCEmu Ex-Mod

Post by Sultan of Saturn »

Sorry I haven't commented on anything...I have been in California on business for about a week. Nevertheless, you did pay too much. It is readily available used for under $20 in numerous places, and EB had it new some time back new for $19.99. Ofcourse, feeling ripped is relative. It is harder finding it new; but as long as you are happy, that is all that matters. I spent many hours last week unlocking stuff on Soul Calibur. It is a truly terrific game, and I really wonder what they did to add to the game's mystique in the sequel.
Formerly Known As "Chalavet".....