Question for coders...

If you have any questions on programming, this is the place to ask them, whether you're a newbie or an experienced programmer. Discussion on programming in general is also welcome. We will help you with programming homework, but we will not do your work for you! Any porting requests must be made in Developmental Ideas.
kamimiaku
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Question for coders...

Post by kamimiaku »

I was wondering how difficult it would be to port Rise of the Triad to the DC, and I thought I'd ask people who actually do coding... My friend is looking for a project for the DC while he's away in school, and I'm trying to convince him to port ROTT over... Ever since I traded in my PC for my Macs, it's the only PC-only game I've missed....
-rev. k
->Where do ya draw the line? I'm not telling you, I'm asking you.<-
-Jello Biafra, "Where Do Ya Draw The Line?"
BlackAura
DC Developer
DC Developer
Has thanked: 0

Post by BlackAura »

Is the source code for ROTT out? I wasn't aware of that, but if it is then it might be possible. I haven't been doind DC coding long (2 days?) and as yet I haven't got anything working, but I do know about PC code. Most games when ROTT was released were coded with a lot of x86 ASM. If ROTT uses a lot of that, then a DC port would be impossible without re-writing all of that code. That said, Doom didn;t use much ASM, if any at all, and crt0 make a DC port for that!

I would love to see ROTT on the DC as well, and I used to love playing deathmatch with my brothers.