ROTT source released

Talk about Quake, Doom, Wolfenstein 3D, or other DC first person shooting game ports and mods for those games in here.
SuperRoy
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by SuperRoy »

Lartrack, that's awesome! I wish my local vg store had stuff like that. I can't wait til I get my port done. I'm porting STICK SOLDIERS 2. http://www.whitespaceunlimited.com ... hopefully it won't be REALLY hard...everything's just extremely abstracted :). And the graphics are in OGL (there's a D3D mode also), but sound/input stuff is in DirectX. I'm also gonna have some trouble with the aiming and moving...damn not making games directly for DC and not very expandable...heh.

oh man...ROTT is so awesome...*starts the "PORT!" chant!*
--SuperRoy
[ Author:: Linux GameDev Articles ]
Veggita2099
Janitor 2nd Class
Janitor 2nd Class

Post by Veggita2099 »

Lartrak wrote:I would say don't really worry about split screen ROTT til one of the PC ports gets it. Then steal from them ;)

Seriously though, ROTT is among the best multiplayer games PERIOD. As far as I know, it is the first FPS with CTF. Or in this case, CTT. And at 11 players, is the first online FPS I know of with more then 4 players.

http://www.classicgaming.com/rott/hell/

A good article on how amazing ROTT is.

Oh yeah, I'm making a disc of stuff (mostly homebrew) to display in the video game store I work at. Maybe sell a few more DCs, who knows. nxDoom is going on it. hehe, people are usually pretty impressed when consoles can do more then play games.
If people bought that game cause of violence only they was very sad people. IT was a great game, but not because of the violence. In fact the violence in that game was almost immature with the cheat that made body parts fly from nowhere.

Anyways...
Lartrak
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by Lartrak »

"If people bought that game cause of violence only they was very sad people. IT was a great game, but not because of the violence. In fact the violence in that game was almost immature with the cheat that made body parts fly from nowhere. "

Huh? Where did that come from? The article I linked to? I remember it mentioning it was the first game to get the highest level rating from the RSAC (or whatever acronym it is).
Veggita2099
Janitor 2nd Class
Janitor 2nd Class

Post by Veggita2099 »

Lartrak wrote:"If people bought that game cause of violence only they was very sad people. IT was a great game, but not because of the violence. In fact the violence in that game was almost immature with the cheat that made body parts fly from nowhere. "

Huh? Where did that come from? The article I linked to? I remember it mentioning it was the first game to get the highest level rating from the RSAC (or whatever acronym it is).
Towards the bottom of that article it talked about people wanting it cause it was so violent.
Lartrak
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by Lartrak »

That's stupid. But sometimes it works. I can't say I would of enjoyed Mortal Kombat without the fatalities, but that was moreso because they're so bizzare, often amusing, and I dislike fighting games in general.
cybdmn
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by cybdmn »

I'd like to see ROTT on Dreamcast, with the possibility to load userlevels on DC.
If somebody port it, i guess there will be some confusion about the executable, or he find a way to compile one, that covers all versions of the game.

In \rott\RT_MAIN.H are 4 different versions mentioned...

Code: Select all

ROTT_SHAREWARE,
   ROTT_REGISTERED,
   ROTT_SUPERCD,
   ROTT_SITELICENSE,
...but i think there is one entry from an older version of the game, cause
in \rott\DEVELOP.H
are the following entries, that MUST be edited for each version:

Code: Select all

#define SHAREWARE   1
#define SUPERROTT   0
#define SITELICENSE 0
This means, it will be compiled for works with shareware episode (ROTT: TheHunt Begins) or the so called "Deluxe Edition" by Lasersoft only.

SUPERROTT means the CD of ROTT: Dark War ver 1.3
SITELICENSE means the so called site license, that are near to SUPERROTT, but can legally installed on 11 computers, wich is the maximum limit of multiplayer in ROTT.
...where the sanest place is behind a trigger