Here are the settings i used to rencode my video

This forum is for discussion pertaining to homebrew and indie software for the Dreamcast, such as homebrew games, emulators/interpreters, and other homebrew software/applications. Porting requests and developmental ideas are not to be made here; you can make those here. If you need any help burning discs for homebrew software, this is the place to ask as well.
montell
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Here are the settings i used to rencode my video

Post by montell »

Fist of i choose Divx 5.0.2 codec.

Then i went to the Divx codec properties and i select 1 -pass

Then i choose Encoding bitrate to 700kbs

And then i resize my video to 320*240 (Precise bicubic (A=-1.00)

Then i set audio to 22050Hz High Quality

And then i went to compression MPEG Layer-3 40 kBit/s 22,050 Hz Stereo 5KB/s

should these settings be better when i watch it on my DCDivx player?
M.Rowley
az_bont
Administrator
Administrator

Post by az_bont »

You can get it a fair bit higher than that if you explore some of the usually unexplored features: http://www.dcemulation.org/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=24930
Sick of sub-par Dreamcast web browsers that fail to impress? Visit Psilocybin Dreams!
montell
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Re: Here are the settings i used to rencode my video

Post by montell »

montell wrote:Fist of i choose Divx 5.0.2 codec.

Then i went to the Divx codec properties and i select 1 -pass

Then i choose Encoding bitrate to 700kbs

And then i resize my video to 320*240 (Precise bicubic (A=-1.00)

Then i set audio to 22050Hz High Quality

And then i went to compression MPEG Layer-3 40 kBit/s 22,050 Hz Stereo 5KB/s

should these settings be better when i watch it on my DCDivx player?
by the way i went to that link you gave me and i don't understand it well could you give me the details more clearly?
M.Rowley
OneThirty8
Damn Dirty Ape
Damn Dirty Ape

Post by OneThirty8 »

Basically, what you have to do is encode your audio seperately. Open your video source file and then save to wav from Virtualdub. Then convert that wav to MP3 pro if you've got the ability(I believe there's a link to one or two utilities it in the BaddAss DivX thread). This will give you better quality audio in a smaller file due to the way it compresses it.

You then need to use Virtualdub Mod. This is the only difference than if you were using Virtualdub (as opposed to VD MOd). Go under the audio settings and select MP3 audio. Navigate to your MP3 pro file for your movie, and then do your video settings how you would, or use fatheadpi's settings to try and squeeze the most performance out of DCDivX. It shouldn't be that hard to know what you're doing once you fool around with Virtualdub Mod for a little while. It's the same program as virtualdub but with more versatility, like OGM and external MP3 audio capabilities.
montell
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by montell »

OneThirty8 wrote:Basically, what you have to do is encode your audio seperately. Open your video source file and then save to wav from Virtualdub. Then convert that wav to MP3 pro if you've got the ability(I believe there's a link to one or two utilities it in the BaddAss DivX thread). This will give you better quality audio in a smaller file due to the way it compresses it.

You then need to use Virtualdub Mod. This is the only difference than if you were using Virtualdub (as opposed to VD MOd). Go under the audio settings and select MP3 audio. Navigate to your MP3 pro file for your movie, and then do your video settings how you would, or use fatheadpi's settings to try and squeeze the most performance out of DCDivX. It shouldn't be that hard to know what you're doing once you fool around with Virtualdub Mod for a little while. It's the same program as virtualdub but with more versatility, like OGM and external MP3 audio capabilities.
Where can i download Virtualdub Mod i am trying to find it. And where is this BaddAss Divx thread i can't find it please help me out here. Thanks
M.Rowley
az_bont
Administrator
Administrator

Post by az_bont »

Sick of sub-par Dreamcast web browsers that fail to impress? Visit Psilocybin Dreams!
OneThirty8
Damn Dirty Ape
Damn Dirty Ape

Post by OneThirty8 »

montell wrote: And where is this BaddAss Divx thread i can't find it please help me out here. Thanks
It's in an earlier post on the thread.
az_bont wrote: You can get it a fair bit higher than that if you explore some of the usually unexplored features: http://www.dcemulation.org/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=24930
Speeddemon
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by Speeddemon »

pfft jus get a dvd player
P|-|33r |\/|3 B147C|-|!!!