SNES Boot Cd emu not working!

Anything DreamSNES-related can be asked in this forum, such as general questions about the emulator, how to burn it, etc.
Dr-Mad
DCEmu Cool Newbie
DCEmu Cool Newbie
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

SNES Boot Cd emu not working!

Post by Dr-Mad »

Well I downloaded this http://www.dcemulation.org/files/emulat ... 8-nero.zip and i burned it using nero at 2x. When I put it into my Dreamcast it didn't do anything but go to the music selection screen. I press the play button but nothing happened. I'm having many problems on how to get this working and I would much appreicate it if you teach me how this is done or a completed file and with the roms etc.

BTW i already made 6 coasters!

Thanks
SlammedNiss
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Re: SNES Boot Cd emu not working!

Post by SlammedNiss »

Dr-Mad wrote:Well I downloaded this http://www.dcemulation.org/files/emulat ... 8-nero.zip and i burned it using nero at 2x. When I put it into my Dreamcast it didn't do anything but go to the music selection screen. I press the play button but nothing happened. I'm having many problems on how to get this working and I would much appreicate it if you teach me how this is done or a completed file and with the roms etc.

BTW i already made 6 coasters!

Thanks
You, uh, did unzip it first, right?? :roll:
bizzle

Post by bizzle »

and what is the manufacture date of your dreamcast?
Dr-Mad
DCEmu Cool Newbie
DCEmu Cool Newbie

Post by Dr-Mad »

Of course i unzipped my .zip file (Duh), the manufacture date of it is August 1999. I get an image inside the .zip file. How do I put my roms inside? etc. Confusing shit to me. The tutorials aren't useful.
Tank-X
DCEmu Veteran
DCEmu Veteran

Post by Tank-X »

If you're using the image on the site, you can't put roms on the same CD; you'll have to make a separate cd for the roms. I would tell how, but it's been ages since I've burned anything (cd burner not working).
OneThirty8
Damn Dirty Ape
Damn Dirty Ape

Post by OneThirty8 »

You can make your own nero image with a selfboot app from the needed tools page, and then put your roms on the same disc that way. DreamSNES roms go in the ROMS folder.

Also, I think to make a rom disc, it just has to be Mode-1, Joliet, and have a "SOUND" folder with the MP3 from the emu disc, and a "ROMS" folder with your roms.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong. I've never made a rom disc like that, I burn all my emus with Selfboot Inducer, but I've read the tutorials on making a ROM disc.