GBA Mods

Discuss modifications you have done or plan to do to your Dreamcast or any other hardware, or discuss devices you want to build. If your console does not work or is acting up, ask about fixing it in here.
Shadowness
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

GBA Mods

Post by Shadowness »

Has anyone ever tried one? I am getting a GBA SP so ill be willing to void my warrenty..lol

I think a red LED would look cool behind each button, and lites up when you press it (my GBA is clear...so I can see the LEDs)

Getting an After Burner would be cool to.
MidnightObsidian
Symbiotic Anomaly
Symbiotic Anomaly

Post by MidnightObsidian »

GBA SPs are backlit, so you don't need an afterburner. They're a pain in the ass to install, anyway (although I wouldn't trade mine for anything). The LED thing would be easy, assuming that the button switch circuits have enough power to run the things. Your best bet for that would be getting one of those tiny cell phone LEDs that look more like those little onboard resistors than anything else. They're the only things that I'd think wouldn't slow or interrupt the current enough to be noticable. You'd just simply cut the trace where you want to install the light and solder it on. If all of the conditions are met, it'd be that simple.
I'm not Clessoulis. Seriously.
someoneElse
DCEmu Ultra Poster
DCEmu Ultra Poster

Post by someoneElse »

MidnightObsidian wrote:GBA SPs are backlit, so you don't need an afterburner.
I think they meant they are getting a Gameboy Advance SP, so now they are free to hack into their old gameboy advance.
Can you survive Darwin's Blade? Sign up Today
sonick
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by sonick »

Actually, GBASPs are FRONTlit, not backlit...
Shadowness
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by Shadowness »

Yes thats what I ment