Index Of Faked Projects

This forum is for discussion pertaining to homebrew and indie software for the Dreamcast, such as homebrew games, emulators/interpreters, and other homebrew software/applications. Porting requests and developmental ideas are not to be made here; you can make those here. If you need any help burning discs for homebrew software, this is the place to ask as well.
bizzle
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by bizzle »

hmm i never really checked out frnes, it was before my time
nester was out when i came here, and thats what i was told to use, good job anyway ReGex
pavelbure
DCEmu User with No Life
DCEmu User with No Life

Post by pavelbure »

frnes was the first nes emu for the dc to play mike tysons punch out. this is still a very good emu.
How many more people do the Radical Islamic Subhuman Cockroaches have to kill before people realize they need to be taken out ?
FFXI Server: Gilgamesh
FFXIV Server: Figaro
Liberals click here !!!!
HyperG
DC Developer
DC Developer

Re: Index Of Faked Projects

Post by HyperG »

atf487 wrote: things from choppy emu - A few homebrew games
The projects of course were discontinued, due to the lack of material to complete them.

Maybe if I didn't have another console (Xbox), I would be doing Dreamcast stuff still. However right now, trying to setup cygwin once more with newer stuff, so stay tuned. If ya want something from me, ya gotta wait.
If you think typing 'make' is hard, forget coding.
If you can't figure out the commands to DC-Tool, forget coding.
If you think coding is as easy as typing printf("Hello World\n"); , shoot yourself.
reaper2k2
DC Developer
DC Developer

Post by reaper2k2 »

YES i liked the menu in frnes a ? what did you use to make it what version of kos or / other system

i also thought it was nice but IM not a nes person
http://homebrew.dcemulation.com/dcgames/ *homebrew webbrowser games *

http://r2k2gate.topcities.com *dev site and my releases*
Im' a Commodorian are you?
ReGex
FrNES Creator
FrNES Creator

Post by ReGex »

Hey Everybody, Thanks for the positive response... I'm glad to hear that some of the oldschool crew is still around, still remember the glory days of FrNES vs. NesterDC.

Reaper:
The menu was written using KOS, just using the framebuffer originally, but I ported it to the PVR when we figured out how to use it (thus why you can have window transparency and stuff, even though it isn't fully enabled in any of the released builds). The source is out there if any coders wanted to reuse or adapt the source (I'm not sure if it's implemented that well, to be honest, but it does work alright).

I hope everyone's still around by the time my game gets done. It's a 4 player game, and it's a remake of a really cool boardgame, called "Settlers of Catan". I've built the visualization and game rules and stuff already, all I have to do is port it to the DC (I have a PC version that's working).

-ReGex
Skater_dusto
DCEmu Cool Poster
DCEmu Cool Poster

Post by Skater_dusto »

That game sounds pretty cool. I'd love another multiplayer game to show off to all my friends. They actually appreciate homebrew stuff like that!! They ohhh'ed and ahhh'ed the first time I showed them frnes! Oh how they were amazed.

I've also been a faithful fan of your emulator since it came out. It took me the longest time to burn a copy of NesterDC. The only incentive was the state saving function. I thought that it would be cool to save your progress in River City Ransom. But I still use your emulator to this day. I use NesterDC about the same amount also. Again, thanks for the emulator. I don't think of it as some great pirating toy where I can play free games. But as a way to revisit and enjoy my childhood, and them some. :D