The *NEW* Gameboy Advance

Talk about anything and everything not related to this site or the Dreamcast, such as news stories, political discussion, or anything else. If there's not a forum for it, it belongs in here. Also, be warned that personal insults, threats, and spamming will not be tolerated.
The Kron
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

The *NEW* Gameboy Advance

Post by The Kron »

Here it is:

The Game Boy Advance SP with a flip-up, lighted color screen will cost $99 when it hits U.S. stores March 23, according to Nintendo. It joins Game Boy Advance, now $70, and replaces the discontinued Game Boy Color system.

Screen visibility has been a particular sticking point in the past with users. "The one big complaint about Game Boy Advance has always been it has a dark display," says Simon Price, analyst with International Development Group. Billy Berghammer, director of an influential Nintendo Internet site called Planet GameCube, adds: "I used to get a headache from squinting at that screen."

The Advance SP includes lighting along the screen's edge. For the first time, it also comes with a rechargeable battery pack instead of depending on disposable AA cells. The battery pack lasts about 10 hours including the light and up to 18 hours with the light off.
JellyWarrior
General Jelly
General Jelly

Post by JellyWarrior »

that thing is weird :o
I am involved in : Mytalk | Comet TV | Distinctive Web Services
Wagh
Wagh

Post by Wagh »

I like it o>o
Bush and Hussein together in bed
Giving H-E-A-D head
Y'all motherfuckers heard what we said
Billions made and millions dead
perry
Tha DCEmu Pimp Daddy
Tha DCEmu Pimp Daddy

Post by perry »

I don't know if it will be comfy to hold but apart from that it's sweet.
In the words of Q-Tip : Looking for vibes or positivity, not negativity / 'Cause we gotta strive for longevity by online gaming
mkjones
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter

Post by mkjones »

Hmmm, not sure, i like the way my GBA has the controls at the side of the screen, never liked the old game boy way of working...

still not as good as the NeoGeo Pocket with its analuge pad :-)

also, how WIDE is that thing gonna be?? any dimensional specifications, tell ya what il look on google...

Oh yeh, and the light is a great idea, i would buy an AfterBurner kit if i had the confidence not to break my GBA,, but why didnt they just release a REAL nintent GBA with a light in??

and yes, i know you can get pre-installed afterburner kits...
Dust on the Dreamcast
bizzle

Post by bizzle »

i dont know, the design looks pretty bad. its just my opinion though.

its kind of like a mini laptop. so therefor eventually the hinges may start getting screwed up, or, ever break easily.

As for the square design, it could have been better. looks like a big NES controller, then again, I did like the NES controller a lot.

I am interested in getting a GBA, but I will most likely go with the older version, and get a light for it. Or just try out this design and see how it is.
mmboy
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by mmboy »

*gasp* that is sweetness! I'm gonna get 1!!!! Im pretty sure the hinges are fine too... cuz I have a reallyold lap top and the hinges are fine... Just so long as you take care of it. Man that is the new definition of sweetness, YEA rechargeable batteries, thats a great idea, also showing that nintendo cares about us by not making it a $30 add on, and the light, NICE! Oh yea, and the Laptop hinges are a great add-on, because the LCD looks better when its tilted i certain way :D I'm looking forward to this!
sig down :( gehy boomspeed... any1 wanna host it? where could i host it?
toastman
Iron Fist of Justice
Iron Fist of Justice

Post by toastman »

If the screen is the same size as the original GBA, then the thing is going to be just a tad bit wider than a Gameboy Pocket.
I mean, fu.ck.
That thing is "teh c00l"
I bought my GBA at midnight on launch day to be treated like this >_<
Nintendo should accept trade-ins :D
No signature.
AmadeusZull
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by AmadeusZull »

oh man i love that thing. omg

I am no longer an ACE@ite. Never will I kiss his feet is what I don't. And that I don't, is good I do.
Veggita2099
Janitor 2nd Class
Janitor 2nd Class

Post by Veggita2099 »

I have to agree with Xylene. Course not holding it in my hand I can't say 100 percent how it would be. I thought the next GBA was supposed to have more power and 2 extra buttons?
Wii number: 1227 6854 1080 3665
BlackAura
DC Developer
DC Developer

Post by BlackAura »

Looks interesting, but I don't know if I'd be able to actually play games on the thing.
CoasterKing
Gone Postal...
Gone Postal...

Post by CoasterKing »

Very......conceptual :| . I won't be buying one. I mean come on Nintendo , you could have at least given us a couple of extra buttons. Plus the way the shoulder buttons are now just looks uncomfortable to play. It looks too much like a freaking mobile phone.

Blah, no thanks.
CupNoodle
Jim Dandy!

Post by CupNoodle »

Wow...that is the coolest thing ive seen in a while...but am i gonna buy it? HELL YEA!!!! ill just give my old gba to my little bro...he already has my Gamecube now so why not just complete the package :lol: I LOVE MY Q....
compacho
DCEmu Cool Poster
DCEmu Cool Poster

Post by compacho »

I just read at IGN.com that there is no Headphone jack. Nintendo will make a add-on later. I like the look of it. Its pretty, no doubt about it. But it sure doesn't look like it'll feel great to hold for several hours. Shiiiiiiiiiitt, i'll get 1 anyways. :D
butters
Classic Games Lover
Classic Games Lover
Location: Lubbock, Texas, United States, Sol 3, Milky Way Galaxy

Post by butters »

If they put it out in other colors, I could see myself getting one of those and trading my old GBA in.
The Kron
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by The Kron »

Everybody_Knows_Its_butters wrote:If they put it out in other colors, I could see myself getting one of those and trading my old GBA in.

and for comparison:

az_bont
Administrator
Administrator

Post by az_bont »

The screen seems less Widescreen on this one - maybe it's the angle of the shots.
Sick of sub-par Dreamcast web browsers that fail to impress? Visit Psilocybin Dreams!
Veggita2099
Janitor 2nd Class
Janitor 2nd Class

Post by Veggita2099 »

compacho wrote:I just read at IGN.com that there is no Headphone jack. Nintendo will make a add-on later. I like the look of it. Its pretty, no doubt about it. But it sure doesn't look like it'll feel great to hold for several hours. Shiiiiiiiiiitt, i'll get 1 anyways. :D
Good ole Nintendo finding yet another way to make us pay more money for something.

I doubt I will buy this thing seeing as I all ready have a GBA. I do plan on buying that adapter for the GC that allows GBA games to play on the TV though.
arcticfeather
DCEmu Nutter
DCEmu Nutter

Post by arcticfeather »

Now i want this and the GC GBA adaptor, so it looks like i'll have to trade in my current GBA

What is the price by the way? i might import it from japan/america since it's region free
The Kron
DCEmu Respected
DCEmu Respected

Post by The Kron »

12,500 yen retail = ?65 or $99