Shenmue 2- DAMN ITS WAY TOO MUCH!

Discussion of topics related to licensed games, software hacking/modification, prototypes, and development kits belongs here. Includes topics related to emulating the Dreamcast console on your computer or on another gaming console. Discussion of Reicast should go in the Official Reicast Forum.
SonicBlaze
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Shenmue 2- DAMN ITS WAY TOO MUCH!

Post by SonicBlaze »

FRIG! I went to my local video game store here in Toronto Canada (Home of Vince Carter and the ACC), anywyas, I go in, and they imported a couple copies of shenmue 2. Guess what the price is..... $90! I am screwed! :cry: This is more than any ps2, XBOX or gamecube game!!! (Usually $40, at most $70 for brand new titles). I don't know what to do, I have to get this game, but the price is just way too much, when there is so much great hardware I could get, instead of overpriced software. DAMN! WHY DID SEGA HAVE TO DO THIS TO ME!? :cry:
SEGA, anything else is a toy!
Vlad Tepes
DCEmu Veteran
DCEmu Veteran

Post by Vlad Tepes »

I believe it's MUCH cheaper if you get it from EB...or the ebgames website.
I@N
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by I@N »

I have recenlty helped someone on these baords to get Shenmue 2, it cost ?35 which included airmail delivery to the USA (I assume it would be similar to deliver to Canada).

If you are interested PM me.
Drink your weak lemon drink now!
SonicBlaze
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Sadly no

Post by SonicBlaze »

The thing is, it's the crappy Canadian dollar. On EB's website, shenmue 2 is $59, but in Canadian its around the same thing! And pounds to 35 Pounds to Canadian money.... again is the same thing. Man, sometimes living in the Us has its advantages :cry: (BTW, the store that had it was microplay)
Heliophobe_
Smeg Creator
Smeg Creator

Post by Heliophobe_ »

I got it from http://www.softwarefirst.com, which was 35 pounds with insured airmail, I think a little less (30) for uninsured, if you feel lucky. $51.20 US, cheaper than EB's offer, in fact cheaper than buying a new PS2 or XBox game in a store, as the $51.20 included shipping and tax (VAT I guess). That's $79.00 CAN.

How much do new games go for in Canada?
SonicBlaze
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

MAN :(

Post by SonicBlaze »

U see, $79 is as expensive as the most expensove XBOX game. Not too cheap :(, lucky americans.
SonicBlaze
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

MAN :(

Post by SonicBlaze »

U see, $79 is as expensive as the most expensove XBOX game. Not too cheap :(, lucky americans.
Van_Lardo
DCEmu Hanger On
DCEmu Hanger On

Post by Van_Lardo »

Well ordering online is the only option that I would suggest, but have you considered just getting it for XBox instead? I've heard that it's gonna have english speech in that version (uncomfirmed as far as I know).

It'll be cheaper and overall better! Has anyone noticed all that slow down that occurs at the start of the game? Man!

Hope I'm not barred from the boards for saying this... :S
Image http://www.geocities.com/vanlardo HELP! I CAN'T POST ANY MORE MESSAGES! I KEEP GETTING MESSAGES TELLING ME TO COME BACK LATER!
Yoda_Treat
DCEmu Newbie
DCEmu Newbie

I spent the 60$ and am pleased :)

Post by Yoda_Treat »

Yes, I have noticed the slowdown. Damned park. I have also noticed how damned good the game is. I don't plan on buying an xbox anytime soon, so I might not be the person to ask about this.. but if you really can wait I suppose the x version will be nicer overall. Meanwhile you are missing one of the coolest games ever. The Shenmue team got it all right this time, the improvements to the game really make the quest of finding your fathers killer more urgent than getting the high score on Space Harrier.

Basically if you liked the first one, which I admit had many flaws, the second should be played. Preferably on the Dreamcast just to see how far it gets pushed ;)
SLaYeR
DCEmu Cool Newbie
DCEmu Cool Newbie

Post by SLaYeR »

:twisted: I live In england, And i'm getting S2 as soon as I can get my DC fixed for resetting, and complee Shenmue 1. :D
Craig
DCEmu Crazy Poster
DCEmu Crazy Poster

Post by Craig »

For once there is an advantage in living in the UK
(After we got the Dreamcast after you and a whole host of games later than the US and Japan)
Rez, Headhunter and Shenmue 2 will keep me playing the Dreamcast for a few months yet

Long live Sega Europe
Life is so Lame, Which is Such a Shame
SLaYeR
DCEmu Cool Newbie
DCEmu Cool Newbie

Post by SLaYeR »

I'm playing headhunter like mad right now! :D
AmadeusZull
Soul Sold for DCEmu
Soul Sold for DCEmu

Post by AmadeusZull »

yeah thx u Europe kept my dc alive - long live shenmue and headhunter!

I am no longer an ACE@ite. Never will I kiss his feet is what I don't. And that I don't, is good I do.
Megaman
DCEmu Fast Newbie
DCEmu Fast Newbie

Post by Megaman »

SonicBlaze Your lucky.
I live in a Incredibly Small town, and There isn't any store that sells Games, the closet place is a 2 hour drive there and back and the only video store to rent has old N64 and Playstation games no Dreamcast games. Also the games for N64 and Playstation are so old, there acting all cool because they just got Mario Golf. they don't even have Mario Party 2