Gypplay quality?

This forum is for discussion pertaining to homebrew and indie software for the Dreamcast, such as homebrew games, emulators/interpreters, and other homebrew software/applications. Porting requests and developmental ideas are not to be made here; you can make those here. If you need any help burning discs for homebrew software, this is the place to ask as well.
OX
DCEmu Fast Newbie
DCEmu Fast Newbie
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by OX »

Is the Dream VCD/MP3 with remote better than this?
TheBouncer
DCEmu Junior
DCEmu Junior

Post by TheBouncer »

Hey, nothing can be better than Gyplay, coz it's free ;-)
fatheadpi
First Class Dick
First Class Dick

Post by fatheadpi »

Howdy doo laddies, how've ye all been? I been screwed worse and worse. Seems that my pc repair guy can't get warranty service till wednesday, figure might get the thing in by thursday :evil: so only doin divx stuff for now, might be a stoopid ass and try to get a divx file to play on a disc if i get everything redownloaded.

Anybody have an Athlon XP or P4 system for sale? Which one encodes divx faster?

I need a board that runs cool, runs unreal tournament at 240 fps, and does divx good, prolly wrong place for this but whaddagonnado.

Good luck to bouncer.

Can somebody try this:

882kbit, 950 kbit, 1000kbit, and 1100mbit mpeg files, either 23.976 or 29.976, IBBP and one like IBBBBBBBBBBBBP or somethin, cbr and vbr test mpeg 1 files? Bouncer? try both 352x288 and 320x240. Post results in my semi-official plastic fantastic format, or just toss em up there, i can sort em out, that was gonna be my test disc till cpu cought on fire. FIRE BAD!!!

See ya real soon kids,

Fatheadpi
Need a Treamcast, Dreamcast modchip, HUGE DC memory card, ASCII-like DC fighter pad, or Saturn Gameshark with tons of backup memory? PM me.
OX
DCEmu Fast Newbie
DCEmu Fast Newbie

Post by OX »

So you have to do all that to get a movie file that is not supported to make it work on your DC?
TheBouncer
DCEmu Junior
DCEmu Junior

Post by TheBouncer »

Well the plan is to find the best quality possible that will run on GypPlay. It is possible to use standard MPEG files, but we are gonna play around with the encoding techniques a bit to see if it makes a difference.
Matt Wilson
DCEmu Crazy Poster
DCEmu Crazy Poster

Post by Matt Wilson »

Hopefully a good encoding rate will come along.

At the moment, I can only fit an hour of video on it.

Also, the audio for all my files is incredibly quiet. Is there any way to fix that?
DuffMan
Psychotic DCEmu
Psychotic DCEmu

Post by DuffMan »

Gypplay is great if you don't have a DVD player. But about every 5-10 sec is will skip. :/
OOH! YA! Duffman Says a lot of things.
fatheadpi
First Class Dick
First Class Dick

Post by fatheadpi »

To the guy who wanted louder audio:

Are you familiar with the programs tmpeg, virtual dub, and the vfapi reader?

If so, one way i can think of is this:

Load up tmpeg, and get your mpeg 1 file selected as an audio source. Set the video box to blank, but make sure the settings area to the right has audio+video selected. Now do a save project, and save the project.

Load up the vfapi reader program and select your save file via the add job option. Make sure you have both audio and video output checked, and remember where this file is going. Click convert, and you will have an avi file you can work with. Fire up virtual dub, set video to direct stream copy and audio to full procssing mode. Use the volume option, you can turn it up to about 700%. Make sure the audio is set to uncompressed pcm, easier to work with. Then do a save wav (file -> save wave) Go back to tmpeg, select original file as video source and new wav file as audio source, set up tmpeg's internal mpeg layer 1 audio compression engine, use a layer 2 encoder if you have one available that works. Then save the mpeg, shouldn't take too long to put together.

If you run low on space, you can delete the temp files. For example, once you've saved the wav file, you can delete the project file and the avi file you generated.

Good luck,

Fathead, private dick
Need a Treamcast, Dreamcast modchip, HUGE DC memory card, ASCII-like DC fighter pad, or Saturn Gameshark with tons of backup memory? PM me.
fatheadpi
First Class Dick
First Class Dick

Post by fatheadpi »

God this language thing pisses me off.. Proper signout should be:

Later,

Fathead, Private D*I*C*K

can't say anything around here, jeez!
fatheadpi
First Class Dick
First Class Dick

Post by fatheadpi »

Wow, our GYPLAY post is dying. Nooooo! PC is still dead, starting a project in school for computer programming as an exuse to use the t1 line to get my files and do new test discs. Start on that tomorrow. Other than that, I could really use a lil buddy to help me out on some of this stuff, and also does anyone have a good mpeg 1 layer 2 audio encoder that works with tmpeg? Would greatly appreciate any help, having bad luck with toolame.

A word for those of you interested in divx on the dc: while it is possible (as i recall from an article over on boob), the best playback they could pull out was about 4-5 fps, and they were probably dealing with divx 3 cus the article was kinda old. I'm still thinkin boot tryin to find the divx 4 dll's and encoding a file with zilch post processing options, see if I can do anything with that.

That's all for now,

Mike
TheBouncer
DCEmu Junior
DCEmu Junior

Post by TheBouncer »

Yea, I've been so busy with other stuff lately but I will get round to encoding some files at different rates to see what happnes. It would be great to be able to play Div-X movies at a good speed i.e. 25fps but I can't see it happening. But still worth a try :wink:
dcemuler
Insane DCEmu
Insane DCEmu

Post by dcemuler »

I got a p4 1.5ghz but it's not for sale :)
Seeking only strenght
Couldness that could burn a person
Throwing away pride
Stopping time with hatred
fatheadpi
First Class Dick
First Class Dick

Post by fatheadpi »

Okay smartass, but how fast does it encode divx? and yhow much ram you packin?

i gotta buy parts to fix my computer, but i'm currently lookin at a replacement setup like this:

epox board
amd 1800+ xp processor
384 megs of ram
thermaltake 7 fan

but which processor encodes divx faster, amd xp or p4?