Shenmue III - Confirmed

Talk about anything and everything not related to this site or the Dreamcast, such as news stories, political discussion, or anything else. If there's not a forum for it, it belongs in here. Also, be warned that personal insults, threats, and spamming will not be tolerated.
Saiyan Eye
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu
https://www.artistsworkshop.eu/meble-kuchenne-na-wymiar-warszawa-gdzie-zamowic/
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Shenmue III - Confirmed

Post by Saiyan Eye »

Xbox magazine, Issue 12, January 2003, Page 16, has confirmed Shenmue III for the Xbox. Yu Sazuki stated that Shenmue III would be released sometime next year. I am assuming late 2003 or early 2004. I am all riled up about this announcement, and I am going to love this new Shenmue release.
--==--
HyperG
DC Developer
DC Developer

Post by HyperG »

Thanks for posting in the wrong section :-p
If you think typing 'make' is hard, forget coding.
If you can't figure out the commands to DC-Tool, forget coding.
If you think coding is as easy as typing printf("Hello World\n"); , shoot yourself.
Cless
DCEmu Cool Poster
DCEmu Cool Poster

Post by Cless »

Damnit when it was in the Dreamcast news section I was in shock. I was like "Shenmue3 for Dreamcast holy shit, Sega really doesnt hate its fans after all.", but you just messed up and put it in the wrong section.
Sir Slash

Post by Sir Slash »

moved
WELCO
ME
TOT
HE
NEX
T
LEVEL

yodanut
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by yodanut »

That's awesome news. Now we'll see what a true Xbox Shenmue game will look like. If it's as long and involving as Shenmue 2, but with XBox quality graphics, it will be a worthy end to an underrated masterpiece of a series.
Metroid Evolution
Helping evolve the Metroid series.
Saiyan Eye
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by Saiyan Eye »

I think the graphic designers of the Shenmue games are good at what they can do. The released the best, in my opinion, graphics on the Sega DreamCast. I think that the designers for the Shenmue games are great at what they do. I would love to see what they could do on the Xbox. Shenmue II was only a port with slight updates; but a whole new game would look great, I can guarantee it. I cannot wait until this release on the Xbox; I am waiting.

If anyone has this magazine, could they please scan the page and post it here in this topic?
--==--
area
DCEmu Super Poster
DCEmu Super Poster

Post by area »

/me cries.

That and the homebrew scene are the only reasons I want an XBox, but I don't think it's worth it :(
btm4k
DCEmu Super Fan
DCEmu Super Fan

Post by btm4k »

Maybe HyperG will port it to the DC for us. :mrgreen:
Tall Israeli
DCEmu Fan
DCEmu Fan

Post by Tall Israeli »

Here's some artwork for the game...

girls keep telling me they want 8".. so i tell'm ok.. i'll fold it in half
Skater_dusto
DCEmu Cool Poster
DCEmu Cool Poster

Post by Skater_dusto »

That's awesome! I just got on the second disc for Shenmue(on DC) and I'm in love with it! I need to find out where I can import the second because I'd rather play it on dc than use my stepdads xbox.
This is fantastic news.
Saiyan Eye
Mental DCEmu
Mental DCEmu

Post by Saiyan Eye »

You can get Shenmue II online. Go to Ebay or Yahoo Auctions to purchase Shenmue II. I have Shenmue 2 for X-Box and it is great! Like I said above, I cannot wait until the release of Shenmue III. I will try to dig up more information on Shenmue III getting released.
--==--
Veggita2099
Janitor 2nd Class
Janitor 2nd Class

Post by Veggita2099 »

Plan to spend 60 or more dollars for a copy of Shenmue 2. Don't fall for the $12 copies at Yahoo auctions that "Are missing manual and case".
Wii number: 1227 6854 1080 3665
GregK
DCEmu Freak
DCEmu Freak

Post by GregK »

aww man...now i gotta buy an Xbox :/

GregK
Computer...$2000
Latest version of Quake...$50
Showing off to your friends that you can frag them when your half asleep anytime....priceless
xxlenigma
Wanker
Wanker

Re: Shenmue III - Confirmed

Post by xxlenigma »

Saiyan Eye wrote:Xbox magazine, Issue 12, January 2003, Page 16, has confirmed Shenmue III for the Xbox. Yu Sazuki stated that Shenmue III would be released sometime next year. I am assuming late 2003 or early 2004. I am all riled up about this announcement, and I am going to love this new Shenmue release.
YES, YES, YES you don't have a clue how excited I was when I just saw the thread topic, and then let alone read the whole thread. This is freaking great thanks for the inside scoop dude :wink: .
xxlenigma
Wanker
Wanker

Post by xxlenigma »

yodanut wrote:That's awesome news. Now we'll see what a true Xbox Shenmue game will look like. If it's as long and involving as Shenmue 2, but with XBox quality graphics, it will be a worthy end to an underrated masterpiece of a series.
Oh yes true indeed dude, thats a very freaking good point you just made, that I did not even think about. The second game in the series was a dreamcast port over with just updated graphics, and it hardly touched the true power of the xbox, and this is gonna be great. Can you folks just imagne what games arcade games are gonna be included in the 3rd game in the shenmue series :D .